Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > 2012 r1. and soapsters new bike transporter...lol  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/12/2011 4:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vg70r41iCI
Looks pretty much the same. pretty funny vid. traction control is the new tech, What ya say soap? Are you off to buy a shaggin wagon for your r1? Looks like the hot ticket for going fast and embarrassing others....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvQpz7GBGE&feature=related

more media hype.....

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Drunkula
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 10/12/2011 5:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That first one is a fun video. ;-)

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 10/12/2011 4:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The first video is good until he starts making the weird marketing pitch. I saw that a couple weeks ago. Ben Spies and Yamaha have made much funnier videos. Actually, all their MotoGP riders have done some hilarious videos together with Yamaha (including when Rossi was with them).

I am getting a lightweight trailer before spring next year to use with the Civic. I am currently trying to get everything together to do one more track day at the end of this month. Crossing fingers for good weather. If it looks bad I'm simply not going. I'm not riding in the wet at Summit Point again after talking to frequent track riders/racers in the area (they all tell me it's a bad idea haha). I want to get another day in, though. This past weekend I rode street every single day for several hours. I had fun no doubt, but part of the time was spent at Summit Point as a spectator watching a friend there ride. That itch quickly came back. Next season I'm going to try my hardest to stay off the street.

As for the new R1, it's a minor update. The traction control is all computer controls, no new sensors added. So basically it will work in a similar way to a Bazzaz system. I'm not even sure TC would have stopped my spill. I went off the throttle in time, but my bike was sliding. Cold tires, wet road, etc...low speed didn't matter. I think the way I entered the corner and the part of the track I went over is what set me up for it. I actually spun up a little bit in that corner in the dry and it was not scary/unexpected at all. I like the crossplane for that. I may consider adding TC to it some day but so far I don't feel the need.

The real upgrade for the R1 will be a redesigned crossplane engine that is lighter and has a bit more peak HP (to satisfy the magazines and morons out there who play the numbers game). Honestly even if they bump peak the real upgrade is to get the ECU flashed like I did to get all restrictions out of the way with the modified ignition timing...that way it's like the EU version. It's smoother throttle roll-on but MUCH more consistent and strong pull. I'm not even considering an 'upgrade' to the '12 as I'd have to sink some serious money into it to make it on the same level as my 09 (already have 3/4 exhaust, filter, PCV with dynotune, ECUnleashed, SS lines with new HH pads up front, Ohlins 25mm cartridges up front, Ohlins TTX shock...all preload set for me).

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/13/2011 5:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6KuGYF55p4&feature=related
Funniest commercial. good stuff.
Well ya know Im the life blood in this office.....lol

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/13/2011 5:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yes that one is still the best. Ben Spies' feature about his secret and the animal tracks is also good.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVCbMlXxNM

lol

Yamaha keeps it funny.

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 85

Posted 11/8/2011 5:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Being a Spies fan both are good IMO. I liked the first one, the music, van, and the idea were great. They could have left out the marketing pitch tho SOAP is right on that. The second is funny. Being a Toseland fan, and the fact that they show him wreck and he has a good time with it makes it even better and Colin is of course always great.

After riding with SOAP today, I don't think the kid needs TC. Whatever that bike has is good enough and dude is pretty sick for those of you who haven't seen him ride, so posts he writes I'd take his word for having some backing. Me on the other hand….lol…lets not go there!! But both commercials are funny!

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/8/2011 5:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The other funny thing about the one video SOAP posted is some schmuck had to actually cut out the styrofoam cup into the shapes of the tracks. Haha.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 11/8/2011 5:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Was a fun ride today. I was glad to get away from work and do something fun!

This is the video of the crash I mentioned on this board and also to you (where the windscreen is partially broken) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiUwh9rDGog

Portion from best session of that day - www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqSr0EvfsPk

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/8/2011 6:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh man, I bet you were p*ssed with the wreck! After seeing you ride today I'm sure you were a little PO'd. But the other footage is cool. I think I was the first guy you passed…the one that turns around right at the beginning and is like…"screw it, I'll let him go!" Haha.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 11/8/2011 6:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was pretty pissed about that crash, but hey I only got a little bit of friction rash on arm (barely anything) and minor swelling/bruise (since I think I landed on my forearm first) and a little soreness in the shoulder. My uncut video while the bike is just laying on the ground you can hear corner workers/photographers yelling to me to ask if I'm OK (I was immediately standing back up after I went down). My response is "...YEAH! I'm fine! ****ING PISSED OFF, but I'm fine!" lol

Oh, and that first pass was on a girl. smilewinkgrin

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 11/8/2011 6:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's an absolute normal reaction.

The beauty (!) of wiping out on your own, is that you have only yourself to analyze, and that includes the environment as the asphalt, the other riders, the bike, as we get to our-self again.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 11/8/2011 7:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Indeed. The wallet hurt is the not-so-beautiful part.

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/9/2011 6:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
SOAP you just need a "mancation" haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=4MIAy66veDs

AtvMinibike
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 35

Posted 11/10/2011 4:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Ben effect indeed...

ChapR6s said...
The other funny thing about the one video SOAP posted is some schmuck had to actually cut out the styrofoam cup into the shapes of the tracks. Haha.

I wasn't the only one noticed it. Even my 7 yr old kid have noticed.