Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Just got the call....  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
35 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/26/2011 9:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aprilla dealer just called,i can order the Tuono today. I can wait and gamble,or I can put deposit down,and get it in March. Really dont know what to do.
Any ideas? Still no test rides or first impressions Rich? Man Im torn,on paper it ticks the boxes.... Im going black,so it can paint it white. Ugly yellow bikes yellow passenger seat just wont work. Pearl white,sounds nice. want to wait till after cmas but dont want to be caught napping or find out it sucks. New 848 streetfighter is available too. Not interested in it though.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 10/26/2011 10:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wait till the second year.

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 10/26/2011 11:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Checked with the higher ups and they'll be testing as soon as they're available. At the moment theres no date.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 11:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Gaj the bikes been out in europe all this year,so for us its new,but its the 2nd year.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 12:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks rich. Dang it man. I hate wanting zh!t. It makes you do dumb stuff. By the way y'all $14k is what it costs.... So you get,half faired,164hp, every stupid electric tomfoolery possible,standard seating,Oh and v4 sound,wide bars.... nearest competitor?

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 10/26/2011 12:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Second year?

Have at it!

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 12:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Trying to work my magic on wifey now...... lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 10/26/2011 1:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Aprilla dealer just called,i can order the Tuono today. I can wait and gamble,or I can put deposit down,and get it in March. Really dont know what to do.
Any ideas? Still no test rides or first impressions Rich? Man Im torn,on paper it ticks the boxes.... Im going black,so it can paint it white. Ugly yellow bikes yellow passenger seat just wont work. Pearl white,sounds nice. want to wait till after cmas but dont want to be caught napping or find out it sucks. New 848 streetfighter is available too. Not interested in it though.

Jump on the Tuono....It is the hottest item on the horizon.

If your not giddy happy with it...sell it.   But you won't know if or if not, if you don't get it, and play with it.  smilewinkgrin

Focus the forces, Be The Force

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 3:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, agreed Lou,some how I had a feelin you were going to be a proponent of this choice. So far wife said do what you want. But she gets what she wants too. Fair enough. Guess Im plunking down some hard earned dough tomorrow. I just really cant see another bike that would do what this bike does at this price. I want a little bit of everything,and this bike seems to be just that. A arsekicking liter with a v instead of a line,quick shifter, abs, tc, wheelie, and the ability to turn it all off,superbike chassis,standard ride position,mini screen half faired.... I like that. Im thinking a ferrari scuderia red,maybe some gold wheels,touch bigger screen, if need be maybe a bit of seat attention. Not even here yet and Im taking it apart.....

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 10/26/2011 10:53:38 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 4:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

well,heres a video. this english dude seems real happy.

SOLD!

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 10/26/2011 4:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...

well,heres a video. this english dude seems real happy.

SOLD!

Looks like a fun bike. I like the looks of that more than the RSV4R.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/26/2011 5:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Yeah, agreed Lou,some how I had a feelin you were going to be a proponent of this choice. So far wife said do what you want. But she gets what she wants too. Fair enough. Guess Im plunking down some hard earned dough tomorrow. I just really cant see another bike that would do what this bike does at this price. I want a little bit of everything,and this bike seems to be just that. A arsekicking liter with a v instead of a line,quick shifter, abs, tc, wheelie, and the ability to turn it all off,superbike chassis,standard ride position,mini screen half faired.... I like that. Im thinking a ferrari scuderia red,maybe some gold wheels,touch bigger screen, if need be maybe a bit of seat attention. Not even here yet and Im taking it apart.....

I'd take the Gold wheels off the maybe list and move them to the Absolutely Positively list.  I mean really, the worlds most yummy Bike has to get dressed to kill :-)
Every thing (like bigger shield for longer rides) is so easy, and all...and seat...Ya gotta have some seat time to know which/what might be the way to go there.
All I see is happy Happy HAPPY.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 10/26/2011 6:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The new Tuono is one hot bike. DO IT!!

Drunkula
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 539

Posted 10/27/2011 6:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'd say "do it!" I really like the look of the v4 tuono. But like Lou I'd put a taller windscreen on it.

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 10/27/2011 9:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I say do it too. If you're going to use it as a track bike, I would leave the fly screen that's on it. Wheels, meh. Could go for some lighter wheels to save some weight.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 10/27/2011 10:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"The Tuono V4R rolls on a set of three-spoke aluminum rims that are lighter than the RSV4R’s courtesy of a new manufacturing method."

www.motorcycle-usa.com/611/8341/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Aprilia-Tuono-V4R-First-Look.aspx

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/27/2011 11:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Three spoke, Cast Aluminum Wheels...New Manufacturing Method.

I see red flags flapping. We have several methods of casting, including Centrifugal force.

They can jolly well say what the "new" method is.

We also have forged.

If the standard wheels are cast...and the Gold wheels are better than cast....
that is just another reason to get the Gold wheels.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 10/27/2011 11:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
with me, i got to see it first in person. photos, videos, and especially other people's opinions don't do anything for me since it's my money and decision.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/27/2011 12:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmm cast. I really want some carbon fiber loverlys for it. lol  I hear ya jon,but I waited long enough. Goin in tommorrow and giving them money. Its done deal. Took a day off. lol Friday best day off I have had in years..... Sales fella says he has book with accessories too... Amped  up and ready for spring...... dang it vfr just isnt satisfying the soul. Im keepin the old girl though. Wife seems to be eyein it up last nite....

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/27/2011 4:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Next Spring...Every place West of the Continental Divide is calling your name :-)

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 10/27/2011 6:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
It's a really sweet bike, but why do you need to put a deposit down?
When the RSV4s first showed up in SoCal, they were sitting there for a while.
And now you can get them at a discount..

Dealers are still sitting on 2010 models.
There is not going to be a rush on the Tuono.  No fault of the bike.
Keep your money in your wallet, have the dealer call you when they show up.
You'll get yours.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/28/2011 6:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 Desmo, apparently there is a small demand for them here,according to dealer,of course. I dont care really. I want it. Plus I imagine it makes dealer look good to the factory. I have been tossing and turning at nite between a gsxr 750,and the tuono. The money difference would be spent to bring the gsxr to my spec,carbon wheels,suspension, etc. But the Tuono just sets off a ring in the ears,raises hair on my arms,etc. Plus generally March is right about the time riding begins around here, I would be gutted if that time came and I dont get one till June or something, gotta be the first kid on the block I guess... There arent any rsvr aprcs sitting around dealers here, I dont think, rsvr standards maybe, but Tuonos come with tomfoolery electronics standard... Plus an rsvr is too focused for me. Tuono is a proper road bike,mho,in terms of rider position. Im going out on a limb here but Id be willing to bet it outsells the rsvr,for that reason. Great points however,thank you.

German dude likes it too. Sounds horny enough to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyDaY5k_JMk&feature=related

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 10/28/2011 1:53:52 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/29/2011 4:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

More press,all good. .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEuJnKcL5qw

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/29/2011 5:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID...What's the story on the wheels? What are the choices, and how are they made? And which way Ya going on the choice?

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/30/2011 5:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I dont know Lou. Salesguy didnt know either. Mine are going to be black to start. Then gold. Its down to two shades. I really want this cool bright gold,really close to the gold that was on the rsvr factory frames. Then in time,its going carbon. I started asking questions about cast or forged,dude looked like a deer in headlights. lol I really would like some 10 spoke Marchesnis as they look fantastic,but for the price I could get carbons, not even close, carbon it is.
 Wifey gets her new car wednesday,then I can start ordering parts........... Got her a Flex,shes happier than pig in a wallow. perfect,enjoy luv,its vfr time. hahahahaha

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125