Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Sportbike > Chicken Strip or not to Chicken Strip  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
35 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 85

Posted 11/6/2011 9:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ER2…Great post and exactly what I was looking to hear I think.

RedDog-hilairous about the loaded guns, I was going to attempt the basic motor school this past spring, probably should have done it for nothing else but the training but backed out at the last second due to a scheduling conflict.

Soap…Yeah most of the LEO around here are ok…Im down in MoCo. Little different policing issues than up here towards Fred. Co. We'll have a good time. I just checked weather everything still looking good.

louemc
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 11/6/2011 1:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ChapR6s said...
Thanks again! I'm an LEO myself so I've seen the good the bad the ugly. Just want to get better.

Any chance you can (even if you have to pay for it yourself) go though the school that teaches the Motor Cops how to ride?

Focus the forces, Be The Force

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/6/2011 2:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, the next time the motor school opens I'll be able to get into it. I was signed up for the last and then backed out due to a scheduling conflict.

Budoka
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 938

Posted 11/7/2011 12:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lots of times a bike tire's wear pattern in influenced far more by the roads that are constantly travelled versus the rider that travels them. Around here I have to find ways to 'curve up' the sickeningly straight runs of miles and miles and miles of infinitely boring asphalt. I treasure the few curvaceous backroads that I keep traversing to help round out that highway flat spot that is constantly trying to overshadow my hard work with the shoulder regions of my tires. Never thought much of it with just the Wing, but with the RC I am so much more aware of that dreaded centre flat strip (I'm not using the chicken strip moniker anymore) that I am beginning to hate our Highways dept for making things so doggone safe and boring on our highways. 

I never get lost, there's always lots of people telling me where to go!

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/7/2011 1:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This may even be able to be it's own topic but I think it fits well within this chicken strip convo to be added:

How do people feel lane position effects your "chicken strips" (street riding/not track). But if a rider uses the entire lane in the twisties their strips I'd imagine may be smaller or closer to the edge correct? That compared to a rider who stays near the centerline or rides the shoulder (his/her) choice or maybe riding with a partner. I guess a lot of variables would get thrown into this correct? Of the speeds were the same in the same turn I guess the rider who stayed "in line" would actually have more wear on the tyre then that of the person using the entire lane. But the person using the entire lane would be able to carry more speed into the corner therefore having more lean angle I'd imagine.

Maybe this isn't a question. Haha. I think I answered it. Just want to see people's view on this.

luiggispeed
My other bike is a Les Paul!!!

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1802

Posted 11/8/2011 4:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

These are my chicken strips I get them while going to the bakery on the mornings to pick up my loaf of bread....

NOT!!!  :p :p :p :p

I rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 11/8/2011 7:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
LOL!

What type of bread are you getting?

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

ChapR6s
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 11/8/2011 8:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
LOLOLOL! AWESOME!

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 11/8/2011 3:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Very nice Luiggi. That's how to treat a tire!!

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 11/8/2011 5:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeahhh that'll happen on the track. Mine have a little bit of that melted look on the edges...could be the softer side compound.