Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > Radical New Victory Vision!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
129 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Oldest Post First ]

colder
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 963

Posted 9/18/2008 12:35 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I saw a Vision at a March of Dimes ride here in KC. I thought it was really a great looking bike.

You seen one ultra glide you seen 'em all. This was something new, eye catching. Everyone was asking about it.

The bike was in line waiting to go up on the dyno, I didn't have time to see what it did nor do I care too much, but when I saw it in person I thought it was really cool.

Geoffrey
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2004
Total Posts : 774

Posted 9/18/2008 11:26 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So Bozo was the design inspiration, huh?

I got a close look at a Vision at MotoGP last weekend. It was even uglier in person.

'94 BMW K1100RS
'05 HD Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Post Edited (Geoffrey) : 9/18/2008 7:29:46 PM GMT

rivset
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 39

Posted 9/18/2008 6:49 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The front looks like Bozo the clown to me. I'lll take my shadow with a Radio Flyer tried to the back with string over that thing. YUCK!!!

2008 Victory Vision Street

OKCSpitfire
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 11

Posted 9/18/2008 4:45 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To each his/her own but I think this is about the ugliest bike I have ever seen. Leave it to the US to come up with a HEAVY bulky ugly motorcycle. Got to wonder if it is a rattle trap, how bad does it vibrate, will it shake parts loose as it rolls dow the street? Does it have a reverse to help get it out of parking spaces? Sorry about my language but it f**king ugly!

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 149

Posted 8/20/2008 7:58 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just for your viewing pleasure Geoffrey... devil devil

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.  -  Thomas Jefferson

1982 Honda CB750f
2007 Victory Kingpin Touring

Geoffrey
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004

Posted 8/20/2008 9:59 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The more I see the Vision the more I realize it is one ugly motorcycle.

'94 BMW K1100RS

HarleyHerb
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 7/28/2008 7:15 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just sharing my view...

|

The turn signals are the hair, the headlights the eyes, with the button nose between them and the white outline of the mouth makeup surrounding the front fairing and the tire is the tounge, making the Victory Vision the king clown of rides. I dub thee the "Screaming Bozo"! smilewinkgrin

This photo with Bozo's hair teased straight out looks amazingly similar to the Victory Vision.

Futuristic is not always a good thing.

Previous rides...
85 Aspencade
07 Goldwing Navi

Current Ride...
08 H-D Ultra Classic

Geoffrey
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2004

Posted 12/11/2007 11:33 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Victory is introducing some nice products. The only problem I see is a limited dealer base.

'94 BMW K1100RS

bikechick
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/9/2007 3:15 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, just an update to my first post about the Vision...I now own one!!! Red Vision Tour. Wasn't expecting to see this bike before early spring and found one out front of Big Bikes in Jacksonville FL and scooped it up! I live in Ohio and I figure the colder climate states won't see one for a while. I know they have two other Vision Tours coming in next week if anyone in the N.E. Florida area is looking into one of these. I think they will get in the grey and black versions. I've only been able to ride it a few miles but it's incredible. I rode my husband on it for the first ride...a little brash for just getting the bike but it handled great with 2 up. A little wobbly at start up but it's very manageble. It's nice to actually have more than 15 minutes to spend in the seat. The test ride was nice but it was way too short to get a good idea about it. The bike does have a 500 mile break in period which means more in town, mixed RPM driving as opposed to open highway. No redlining, no extended higher RPM rides, to season the engine components. I have a lot of riding to do before we head to Daytona in the spring...

We'll see what happens over the next couple of days...my brother in law will ride it, who has a Harley peace officer edition bike, and we'll see what he says about it. His bike and the Vision are similar in the touring market. I want to get his opinion...on second thought I might not get it back!!!

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 10/8/2007 1:11 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
cool!  I signed up for a demo ride when they come into town for the bike show.  It'll be interesting for sure.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

Post Edited (Desmolicious) : 10/10/2007 12:26:20 AM GMT

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 10/5/2007 4:41 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmo, according to the VRA site, the next demo ride in the LA is:

December 8-9, Long Beach, CA; Long Beach Convention Center, site of the IMS

Go to http://www.victoryvisiontour.com/events/victoryvision/consumer_schedule.html to schedule a test ride.
Mark

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.  -  Thomas Jefferson

1982 Honda CB750f

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 10/5/2007 1:18 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dood! How come all these peeps are testriding? I wanna try!
Any happening in the Los Angeles area?

Børk! Børk! Børk!

jboland
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 90

Posted 10/4/2007 10:13 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bikechick - good review. You sort of confirm my suspision that the Vision appeals more to sport tourer riders looking for something bigger/different than long-time Harley riders.

bikechick
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/4/2007 8:09 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had the luck of trying the Victory Vision in Detroit.  I have been a sport touring fan all my life.  I have owned a Honda PC, Triumph Trophy 1200 and a bunch of sport bikes and I have a bad ankle that is giving me fits over long rides so the need for a cruiser style bike that would allow my ankle more freedom is becoming an absolute.  As a woman, I loved the Vision!lol  My husband and I would like to do more long distance rides and I need something to keep up with him on his BMW RT1200.  I will say that my husband wishes he had waited and bought the Vision.  I rode the touring model, as it's the one I want to purchase.  I found it to be very manuverable and light, especially at low speeds. I wanted to flick it around but figured I would get a major frown from the directors (off duty Detroit's best...not the group to mess with).  The ride was all together too short but I did get to ride in the rain, which is a great test of any bike.  It had a nice power attitude when needed but super smooth at speed.  Detroits roads aren't the best and the bike did very well but needs to be adjusted to the individual that rides it.  I am a tall woman and and not exactly svelte...it needed to be softened somewhat.  The adjustment is a little disappointing in that it's the equivalent of a bicycle tire pump that you have to carry.  No pump onboard.  For the price, I can't believe they can't put in a small pump and a button on the handlebars!  I like the I-Pod hookup and the buttons and controls are nicely thought out.  The storage could be a lot bigger but at the engine size, a trailer may be a big consideration for this bike! The side storage is somewhat tiny and the top, even though it can hold a full face helmet, is skimpy. The front fairing is really nice and offers great protection for the hands from wind and most rain, unless you are in stop and go traffic.  I found that I was putting the windscreen up and down a lot, especially in the rain.  Rain X is sorely needed...we didn't go fast enough to get the droplets off (we did do a 1 minute ride on the highway...yawn!)  It's nice to have a choice on the windscreens and I would highly recommend the power screen.  Love it...power windscreen, manual shock adjustment. confused Might have to wait a year or so and see what Victory upgrades on the bike...yeah I also can't wait to see what Corbin comes out with for this bike...seat was nice but Corbin always does it better.idea

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 9/9/2007 10:17 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I finally got to see one up-close-and-personal yesterday at the Clay County (Iowa) Fair. Very, very sharp bike. Seat is wicked comfortable, bike exhibits nice balance and good ergos. My wife, who from the pics thought it was the ugliest bike ever conceived, likes the looks a lot better in person. Don't quite have the fever bad enough to trade in my 'Pin though.
Mark

Ride safe

1982 Honda CB750f

dayne66
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 9/2/2007 7:15 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
YUCH!!!!!!!!!

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 9/2/2007 7:05 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Some times photos do not do a bike justice. I've decided to reserve judgement until I get to see one "close-up and personal."

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
caddmannq at yahoo dot com

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 9/2/2007 6:14 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oddly enough, I was talking with my local dealer about this bike yesterday. Seems that Victory has already sold 2/3 of the scheduled production run for 2008. Obviously not everyone thinks they are hideous.
Mark

Ride safe

1982 Honda CB750f

jboland
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 90

Posted 9/1/2007 9:02 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For all of its virtues, the Vision was beaten badly with the ugly stick. I don't think it will be long before Victory will be turning to Arlen Ness to bail them out again.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 9/1/2007 2:27 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh My God, I just saw some video from Sturis, small group going down the road, and a Victory Vision was amoung them. I had no idea from still pictures and nothing to scale from, but that bike is the most hidious thing on two wheels, it is shocking coming at you (the fairing at the hand area/turn signals) and going away (bags and trunk).

Focus the forces, Be The Force

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 8/28/2007 2:49 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've see the Corbin bags on a Yamaha V-Star 1100 but they didn't really look big enough. Well made & nice styling though.

"When in doubt, ride."

Ada Ada
Psychedelic Relic

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 297

Posted 8/28/2007 8:30 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

With respect to aftermarket bags for the Roadliner, the Corbin set up, with or without the topcase, is really stunning.  Of course, the full set up is over $3,000.  THey had one on display for sale at Neilsen in Gray's Lake, IL. 

The bags would look great on the V2K also. 

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 8/28/2007 6:49 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Very nice writeup Vstorm. I'd be very interested if you would ride a Vulcan 2000 and tell me how you think it compares to the others you've ridden. I was pretty impressed with the one I rode.

I haven't looked closely at the Stratoliner but I liked the Yamahas and almost bought the big Midnight Silverado; but I thought the overall good looks and engineering was spoiled by the poorly finished and highly leakable leather bags, and the mess of exposed smog plumbing at the front of the bike. Perhaps the non-California models don't have that stuff. Of course every machine has it's warts. ;-)

"When in doubt, ride."

Spanky
My Eyes Are Burning

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 3850

Posted 8/28/2007 5:20 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Very nice review of the Victory.

I had kind of given up on the Victory & was headed for a Goldwing myself, but after reading your post, it makes me want to hold out so that I may check out the Victory for myself.. The big hold up of Victory to release the Vision is why folks around here have been losing intrest. Why is that dam thing going to be released???

VStorm
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/27/2007 8:15 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lucky me, I got to ride the Vision yesterday in Marlborough, MA as part of the Victory Vision Tour. I had originaly started out to buy a new Gold Wing which I had made up my mind to do back in June just before I heard about the Vision. I never thought that I would want a touring bike but priorities change and I have also been doing more and more touring and traveling as I now have more time to do so and I want a larger machine for those trips. I also have a new girl friend who doesn't have her own bike(and may not want one) so I need another bike that we can ride together, especialy when we go on a trip, with luggage.

I was very impressed with the Vision, pictures don't do it justice. It's striking good looks are much more readily aparent in person and it's presence is really impressive. It makes other large touring bikes seem old fashioned and clumsy looking by comparison. It has a superior air about it which is hard to explain but may be a by product of the awe that it inspires close up and in your face. The feeling I got was brought on by the uniqely inspired design, very careful engineering and great manufacturing care that was evident in this machine. There weren't any rough edges. The Vision looks like the custom bike that almost no one can build. I can only imagine what it would cost to commision Arlen Ness, Jessie James or another high quality custom builder to try to build something like this.

There were several Harley and Honda touring bikes there, riden in by people wanting to test ride the Vision and they all paled in comparison to this beauty. The Gold Wings looked sterile, souless and passe in comparison and the Harleys just looked old fashioned and clunky. Kind of like parking a bunch of Cessnas and Steermans next to a fleet of flying saucers. The Vision just looks like it's light years ahead of conventional boxy, angular design. It reminds me of the paradigm shift that occured in car body design when the manufacturers started seriously using computers to design for better fuel mileage. I remember when I saw the first Ford Taurus and how wierd it looked. I also remember many people thought that it was ugly and destined to become the new Edsel. In reality, it became Ford's best selling car line for a long time and the ONLY American car that outsold the Accord and Camry for a while even though it cost considerably more in fancy trim.

The Vision engine is stunningly beautiful, even more so than other Victory engines which have always been pretty. It's not hidden as on some touring bikes but rather showcased by the bodywork as well it should be because it's so nice to look at. It becomes part of the visual feast that is the hallmark of the Vision and is one of the few things seen onboard that indicates that this machine is indeed from planet Earth, kind of an anchor for your brain to keep it from drifting off into fantasy land while trying to decipher the visuals of the Vision. One might expect the Vision to have an engine like the Gold Wing, a water cooled, easily hidden, buttery smooth and extra quiet powerplant capabale of effortlessly moving the vision as if it had a warp drive engine made from unobtainium. I am glad that Victory has decided to keep their hallmark V Twin and upsize it for the Vision because not only is the engine extremely powerfull but it has that V Twin pulse, sound and feel that I don't want to give up anytime soon. I personaly belive that the V Twin is THE engine for a cruiser type motorcycle. The Vision is the best example of the old and the new that I have ever seen. A V Twin powered space ship, very intriguing indeed! The smooth and powerfull engine is mated to a smooth six speed transmission and the combination works very well. Shifting is almost an option as the Vision has a very broad powerband and selecting a gear can be a random occurence dictated more by the speed limit of the road or a whim of the rider. I tried second and third gear takeoffs while riding in traffic and a little clutch slip is all that's needed for a smooth, quick take-off. I also noticed a little heat coming up off the engine while in stopping in traffic at lights but not bad for a hot day.

After riding it, I can tell you that it feels good out on the road, it's extremely comfortable, extra roomy with a spread out, open feeling about it. I'm a big guy and I didn't feel hemmed in like I do on the Gold Wing which kind of surrounds the rider somewhat. Almost like the difference between riding in a convertible with the top down and the windows up and the same car with the top down and the windows down. The Vision feels roomy and big, bigger than it rides. It's very well finished, hardware is hidden and there are no rough edges. The only thing showing was the clutch actuation arm on the side of the transmission and it looked out of place on this bike(it could have easily been hiden too with a very small body extension or cover). Absolutely the cleanest machine I have seen. One would expect something like this to come from Italy, not the USA.

The only thing I didn't like about the Vision is the sport bike like steering which feels out of place on such a large bike. It has a steep steering head angle which gives it very light, responsive handling but it is a little wobbly at very low speeds, feeling top heavy under 5-6 MPH. Thankfully, Victory has made it tip over proof so you can't drop it on it's side. I witnessed this yesterday when I failed to put my feet down in time at the first stop in the parking lot and the bike went over very slowly. I also got to lift the bike back up by myself which was easy to do. I am wondering if this feature was added as a fix for a top heavy problem with this bike or if all touring bikes are prone to tip easily. I didn't feel the same wobbliness with the Gold Wing nor any other bike I have ever riden. The only reason it happened was because I am used to keeping my feet on the pegs until my bike comes to a complete stop. Most of the time, at stop signs I come to, I don't have to put my feet down. I just bring the bike to a complete stop and then take off if there are no vehicles coming. I have been riding like this for 40 years and that's exactly what I did on the Vision and it went over at about two miles per hour while I was preoccupied with keeping the machine rolling in a straight line while it was trying to wobble. I learned right there to put my feet down and walk the bike down the last few feet to a stop. You won't win any slowest rider contests with this bike but then again, you won't damage the body work by dropping the bike either.

The funy thing is that while waiting for the Vision tour to arrive, I also found two other bikes which I like better than the Gold Wing. I went into this blindly thinking that the Gold Wing was the best touring bike out there(I have several friends who swear by them) and had visited my local dealer on several occasions to check out the new Wings while waiting. I got to know several of the sales people and being a mechanic, I had lots of questions for the service department guys as well. After talking at length with some of these people, the usual response to some of my harder questions about the construction of the bike was answered with "Lets take a look at it and see" and by spending a lot of time on my hands and knees and on my back, on the showroom floor under several motocycles, I learned things that even the service department didn't know.

I am an aircraft mechanic and was down on the floor looking at the mechanicals very closely along with a sales guy I know who is a local moto cross racer and does his own wrenching. After spending a couple of hours with this guy closely examining the bikes in the showroom, we both came to the same conclusion. The Yamahas seemed to have the best overall engineering, fit and finish when compared to the Kawasakis, Victorys, Suzukis and Hondas. In fact, the differences are striking. For a quick synopsis of what I am talking about, try flipping the passengers foot pegs up and down on the Roadliner or Stratoliner and then on any other bike.

If you take a close look anywhere on any model, you will find that high level of engineering and quality on a Yamaha. Where Honda had exposed wiring terminals, Yamaha's were potted in epoxy. Where there were rough looking bolts exposed on a Suzuki, the Yamaha had specialy designed hardware that looked a lot better. Where the paint seemed thin on a Kawaski, it looked downright luxurious on the Yamaha. Where the rear brake master cylinder looked exposed and ugly on a Victory, it seemed to be perfectly integrated and partialy hiden on a Yamaha. This went on and on for model after model and by the time I quit looking, I was almost speechless.

The motocross sales guy started laughing and said that he probably shouldn't have shown me what he did to start this whole process because he believes that all of these bikea are better than they have to be. He just noticed, like I had, that Yamaha seems to go a little further with most of their engineering and construction. I was convinced and my response was "Don't you have to get back to work?" We both laughed and I went home. It was the middle of the day in the middle of the week and there wasn't much action at the largest dealership in the area.

I returned soon enough because my friend talked me into riding a couple of different Yamaha models. I rode the Royal Star Venture and the Stratoliner. Both are amazing bikes. The RSV felt lighter and more responsive than the Gold Wing and I liked the overall handling better, it had a nicer feel to it, especialy at low speeds. I also like the classic styling much better than the Gold Wing who's styling is starting to look stale and passe. My favorite however, was the Stratoliner, that is one truly amazing bike! Yamaha really got that one right, it rides and handles better than any other bike I tested including the Vision and the Stratoliner engine is even better than the Visions and has massive , easily controllable power without the heavy feeling but smooth shifting transmission of the Vision or the overly slick, sterile personality of the Honda who's engine seems like it belongs in a car, not a motorcycle. The Royal Star Venture has a smooth and powerfull engine but the Stratoliner had an edge to it, the sound and feel of the engine is exceptional, it pulses just right and comes off as the king of all V-Twins. I do prefer modern, well executed V-Twin engines and I have never experienced one this good.

So what to do now, the Gold Wing is definitely out, too common and souless for my tastes. I don't like "old tech" Harleys much even though they have lots of soul, I have been spoiled by better technology. Kawasaki and Suzuki don't make what I am looking for and seem cheap compared to most other bikes. Victory's Vision is really nice if a little top heavy but I don't like to buy any new model in it's early days. I don't want to wait any longer either and now I am intrigued with Yamaha. The Royal Star Venture is a beautiful bike if you like classic styling and it has a great drivetrain, smooth and powerfull with the sound of a small block Chevy engine. It handles very well and I can't understand why it isn't more popular than it is. I like it a lot but my favorite is the Stratoliner even though it does not have the carrying capacity that I am looking for as it comes from the factory. The fact that the Roadliners are now selling for less than half(Under $9,000.00 if you twist hard enough) of what the Vision will sell for when it finaly gets here is also compelling. Now, I am entertaining the idea of a Roadliner with the tall factory windshield and some aftermarket luggage with an easily removable trunk to give it increased capacity. Anyone have any ideas? The dealer doesn't have anything but Yamaha parts for these bikes.

VStorm

p.s. I have to hand it to Victory though, they have taken a bold move forward and have definitely seen the future. The Vision is only the first of a new line for them which includes a crotch rocket that really looks like a rocket. It's obvious that they want to pick up the American bike market as Harley's popularity winds down. I gave up on Harley a long time ago when I realized that metric was more to my liking and when everyone started riding a Harley. Harley lost it's individualism when everyone started riding one. Besides, you can only enjoy a 1940's style motorcycle for so long after you realize that all the tech advances get introduced by the metric manufacturers and enjoyed by the metric riders. I don't think that Harley has innovated anything since the hydraulic valve adjuster(borrowed from the automobile engine) and that was more than 50 years ago. Every year, the metric manufacturers apply for and get patents for hundreds of new ideas. Where is America's leadership? It's at Victory, obviously.

Harley has taken the Mickey Mouse approach that has worked so well for Disney. License their name to each and every Chinese company that wants to make cheap merchandise like combs, dog dishes, alarm clocks, shoe horns, etc. because they realize that the sheep will buy anything with the name Harley on it. That way they can make a huge income with no overhead, all profit. Sure it's selling out but the vast majority of Harley owners are buying a name and think that it's cool so they will buy all the junk they see with that name on it. They somehow don't get the sell out connection because that would ruin the image of their hero. It worked so well for Disney that they doubled their profits and so has Harley. Pretty clever eh? Only in America, land of sheep. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with Harleys and I still like them for what they are but I do not like Harley Davidson. Lately, the bikes keep getting better but the company keeps getting greedier. In the end that will be their downfall. They will not fall prey to an attack by an outsider until they have weakened the Motor Company from within and they seem to be hell bent on doing just that.

To the uninformed, it appears that Harley Davidson is content on milking it's flock and not moving forward at all. However, Harleys head honchos are nearing a panic stage now as their efforts to embrace the future and save the company have all failed. Buel didn't do it for them and neither did the V Rod although they are both great bike lines. The current crop of Nightsters and Bobsters is just a desperate grasp at prying more money out of their current customers. Basicaly fads, nothing really new here. The boomers are aging and many of them are buying their last Harleys now or will be soon. Who will buy Harleys in the future? Todays sport bike riding youngsters? I don't think so... Sell your stock now while the company is riding high and buy into Victory, a company that has a Vision. They need our support to build the exciting future of motorcycling. Don't worry about those "Classic" bikes of American motorcycling's "Heritage" manufacturer, there are a lot of them out there and they will be available for a long time as the boomers give up and sell out. They will always look like they always did, a Harley is a Harley is a Harley, always was and always will be, even after it's been orphaned.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
31E05F2F-47BE-4B9F-A7A5-D7809A2BD8F4.jpg
  325KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 138 time(s).