Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > The Return of Indian Motorcycles  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
881 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 7/26/2011 6:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
CaddmannQ said...
What they do after that is up in the air, but they say Indian and Polaris will NOT share any parts.

man I am not sure thats the best idea. why not use your current infrastructure?

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 241

Posted 10/26/2011 1:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Well DAMNIT all.

Looks like this thread could come back to life.

Hey mjdart.

Looks like you have been abandoned by KM/Polaris the same way us Gilroy riders were abandoned by Gilroy/KM.

Got to say mjdart--I do admire your attitude concerning these modern day Indian Motorcycles.

Almost 10 years on with mine, and I still just keep on working at keeping it going.

Having good luck doing it too.

I just CANNOT figure out why the hell I keep at it.

These bikes kind of hook you somehow despite their problems.

I just test rode a BMW 1600 GLT last week.

That is one hell of a machine. I could afford it and would ride it--but I went home and climbed on my Cheef and decided there would be no sense in BUYING it.

Kind of strange ain't it?

mjdart said...
Hopefully Polaris will provide the technical knowledge and engineering expertise that Indian Motorcycles of Kings Mountain was lacking. I had hoped the North Carolina Indian Factory would succeed as it made a great story, but nagging problems and attention to detail along with a disastrous economy doomed them. My two year warranty will be expiring leaving me & Chief 31 with 10,000 odometer miles to fend for ourselves but that has pretty much been the case from the start as I still have no dealers within 5 hours and parts availability is severly limited. Hopefully Polaris will put together a dealer network for service and parts in the not too distant future.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 11/3/2011 4:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Say what you will but I just got the newsletter from Charlotte Indian and they say they will be getting a Spirit Lake built Indian November 15th. Give it to Polaris, sale to bikes in only a few months. Now let's see what they do about ditching the Harley clone motor and bringing the price down.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2011/11/02/2012-indian-motorcycles-first-look/?zeta_mid=HFM2_618360&zeta_rid=80694693

Post Edited (Kz1000st) : 11/3/2011 2:42:55 PM GMT

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 12/17/2011 9:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Looks like they will ditch the''harley clone'' motor and go with a modified Victory.
Looks like they intend to keep that old ICONIC--Elitist thing going.
Looks like the present Indian dealers are going to be screwed blue and tattooed.
Looks like those 2012 bikes are kind of a bastard stepchild step between the KM bikes and what Polaris is going to bring out.
Looks like the poor suckers who bought KM bikes are still waiting on the transition from Kings Mountain Polaris, and it looks like those poor suckers are getting the short end of the stick.
KM dealers are folding up--and it looks like more are going to be closing their doors shortly.
The beat goes on.

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 12/17/2011 9:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh--by the way Kz1000st?
Charlotte dealer has been pumping out the propaganda ever since it opened its doors.
Yep--the first KM bike has been delivered and sold.
First one was delivered to Charlotte.
First one was sold by Fargo.
Sometimes Karma is a bitch--and it was time for some Karma for AMERICAS FIRST INDIAN DEALERSHIP.
LMBO

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 12/17/2011 9:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey CaddmannQ.
Want to make a wager?
Polaris version of the Indian will come in in the VERY high $30s range common sense will just call it $40k.
Polaris and Indian WILL share parts as in Indian will be sporting a modified Vic engine.
Indian dealers who were lured in by KM will be suffering some big time disappointments as Polaris puts their own infrastructure in place.

Anyne been hearing about the real problems the KM riders are having warranty wise?
Seems the old parts and service pipeline is still kind of plugged up.
Just had another dealer close his doors and sneak off.