Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > The Return of Indian Motorcycles  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
881 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :

[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 38

Posted 10/26/2007 3:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KC Cheef said...

Hey Big Chief--I'll make you a deal--I'll tone it down if you tone it down.
No sense in name calling, and you and Pappy should realize by now that I don't just get run off.
How about if you present your facts in a friendly way, and I'll do the same.
You have to be kidding.

You are asking me to tone it down? Tone what down? Show me.
And for you of all people to say "No sense in name calling" is laughable.

Do you ever read what you write?

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 241

Posted 10/26/2007 7:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That worked about as well as I expected it to.
Looks like the way to do this is to ignore your comments, and just occasionally post a few facts.
I will post them in pure form just to keep you happy.

Name calling?
Show me where--excepting where I responded to a taunt.
If you refer to me using the riders name FaggotyLiar--you are mistaken.
FaggotyLiar chose to sign onto another Indian sight under that riders name--hey if it suits him to go by that name who am I to argue?
Hey--carry on-I'll just post a few little goodies as I feel the need.

Did you take the time to listen to the Sotello interview?
What is your opinion on the new clothing line?

Want to see some actual photographs of Stephen Julius standing in a sidecar?
Want to see some pics of Karin Moss--his PR person riding bitch on a Harley?
Want to see artist renderings of the Moet Chief and the press release that accompanied it?
Hey--lets tell the folks the story behind Stellicans debut at the Concours event in Cali.
Outdooor presentation of Elvis Presley starring in "The Roughneck"
No one could figure out why they chose to feature that movie on a blowup screen outdoors in 40 degree temperatures for the audiences viewing pleasure while they set in golf carts and froze to death but I'm guessing it was a well planned and thought out event.
It must have been--it was their first attempt at reintroducing Indian Motorcycles.
Or?
How about the announcement in a few biker rags out Sturgis this past year?
You know--the announcement that they were giving away an 08 Chief at the event?
RUH-ROH--no motorcycle to give away.
Or how about Indian Night at Daytona last year?
I saw it advertised all over town on posters--couldn't wait to go check out the rides--got there and guess what?
No Indian Motorcycles--or Indian Reps--or anything to do with Indian Motorcycles except the one I was riding.
Kind of cool though--it was to be held at one of the most well known biker bars in Daytona--by the time I got their the place was packed--lucky for me the guy in carge of parking did me the honor of putting my Cheef right at the entrance to the joint.
I do have the pics.

To be totally fair?
I am also hearing some pretty well grounded rumors that there are Indian Motorcycle prototypes being seen around KM North Carolina.
The info I'm getting is pretty much Gilroy bikes with some cosmetic changes.
Hey Big Chief--come on--what's your honest opinion on the Sotello interview.

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/26/2007 9:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KC Cheef said...
Looks like the way to do this is to ignore your comments, and just occasionally post a few facts.

As well as you expected?

I will ask you again, tone what down? Show me. Show me the post that I need to tone down.

For you to say "No sense in name calling" has to be a joke. Go back and read your posts.

You don't want to have a discussion you want a monologue. You think people must either agree with you or they are attacking you. People are allowed to have an opinion different then you no matter how you feel.

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/26/2007 10:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Big Chief said...
KC Cheef said...

As well as you expected?

I will ask you again, tone what down? Show me. Show me the post that I need to tone down.

For you to say "No sense in name calling" has to be a joke. Go back and read your posts.

You don't want to have a discussion you want a monologue. You think people must either agree with you or they are attacking you. People are allowed to have an opinion different then you no matter how you feel.

Deep Breaths, and pleasant thoughts big guy.
Lets put all that behind us and just stick to Indian Motorcycle news.
Would you like to see a few more interesting little items?
Well--hold onto your horses--REALLY GOOD stuff headed your way.
The whole Indian Saga from about '95 on is worth a lifetime of looking at.
From '03 when they closed down to now is REALLY INTERESTING.
A lot of the story is yet to be told--but it's coming.
You keep avoiding giving us your opinion on the Sotello interview.
Pretty interesting don't you think?
A lot of questions he brings up in that interview are in the process of being answered right now.

Nope--I don't feel attacked whenI am disagreed with.
I do feel attacked when I'm called a wiggly little fat guy or whatever it was I was called.

I do enjoy your input, and I WILL tone it down.

The Real Pappy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 33

Posted 10/27/2007 8:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Big Chief, give us a call some time. Lucky and I want to meet up.

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/28/2007 7:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Folks--there is life in Kings Mountain.
Here's a letter they sent to an Indian Motorcycle fan and supporter.
Read it carefully, and you'll see some indication as to why there are quite a few folks questioning the status of their '09 claims.

Yes--they have contacted a number of suppliers to Gilroy.( Not too many warm receptions from what I'm hearing)
And Yes they have contacted a number of the Old Springfield supporting companies.( I'll leave the nature of that for later--from what I'm hearing though--Stellican better figure out what it is they own, and what it is the suppliers to Springfield bikes have provided for the pat 40 or so years.)

Thanks for the message and your observations. Obviously, at this point
in our development at Kings Mountain, there are many details that we are
not inclined to talk about regarding our new products or production
plans. However, be certain that we are deeply driven to produce our
Indian Motorcycles with quality as the "guiding light".

I would like to communicate the following; Indian Motorcycle has a
infinite sense of the miss-steps of Gilroy and are unfalteringly
sensitive as a company, to the wants and needs of the Gilroy owners. We
communicate regularly as staff members to consider all realistic
possibilities to make our new products fit or be able to retrofit early
models. To clarify what we bought out of the Gilroy company; we are the
owners of the intellectual property (IP) from the previous company and
little else. Most of all the tooling and fixtures were either sold,
destroyed, or belong to an outside vender. Some of the venders that
still have tooling, have not maintained them and left them in the
weather for the last 49 months. This just begins to touch on some of the
supply chain issues to resolve.

We must also look at the business case to produce old / new parts...

One new/old part;

Concept and rendering would run about $5,000
Engineering for tooling would run about $5,000
Tooling for one sheet metal part runs about $60,000
Cost per part $400 @1500 part minimum buy $600,000
Packaging for retail $3.00 @1500 $4,500

Total (not counting marketing and distribution) $674,500

Divide by 1500 to find cost per part $449.66
Typical wholesale profit margin x30% $134.89

Cost to a dealer or retailer $584.55
Typical retailer profit margin x30% $175.36

Retail price to end user $759.91

This is an overview of what it takes to design/build one part. Lots of
assumptions here, but this was just an exercise to help you understand
the real cost involved in producing a single random part. We must also
understand that a motorcycle of our style / technology has in excess of
1100 specific parts. It is not nearly as simplistic as having the new
workers toss together a few parts... Another key point is the 1500 part
volume; we must be able to sell this number of parts in a reasonable
time to recover the investment, if not, the cost of money must be
weighted and the costs would escalate throughout the matrix.

I know this is a long answer to what seems like a simple issue, but we
have a total understanding of the entire structure and are making our
decisions with the consideration of all the requisite factors. Again, we
have great respect for all of the Indian fans out there and are
obligated to do what we can to provide information, technical data, and
as many parts as we can. It is going to be a fun and interesting ride...

Warmest regards,
Mark

Mark Moses
Customer Service and Warranty Lead
116 Battleground Road - Kings Mountain, NC 28086
phone: (704) 937-4028 fax: (704) 937-7776
mmoses@indianmotorcycle.com www.indianmotorcycle.com

"Refuse to be average. There are never any traffic jams on the extra
mile!"

Funny thing is?
A lot of the parts he refers to?
The tooling is still available--they just have no clue where to look for it.
Hell--I'm just a COUNTRY BOY, and I could point them in the direction of finding a lot of what they want and need.
Marks quote for tooling costs?
BULLSHIT!!!!

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/28/2007 10:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another interesting point on their dealership requirements?
For anyone who cares to explore the FACTS!!!
They are requiring the dealerships to be bigger than their manufacturing facility in Kings Mountain is.
Isn't there something like--WRONG about that?

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/28/2007 12:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KC Cheef said...
Another interesting point on their dealership requirements?
For anyone who cares to explore the FACTS!!!
They are requiring the dealerships to be bigger than their manufacturing facility in Kings Mountain is.
Isn't there something like--WRONG about that?

So you say they are requiring their dealerships to be 40,000 sqft? That does seem kind of big. It also seems made up.

The site they bought use to be the old International paper building in Cleveland County North Carolina, 30 some odd miles west of downtown Charlotte in Kings Mountain. The property is 11 acres and has a current building of 40,000 square foot. On that size property they should be able to expand the building up to about 125,000 square feet if the need arises. They should do well on this property for many years.

All the info is available through the county. It’s public record.

And on the Indian web site they state the following

The necessary equity and debt capital to fund construction and fit out of a 10,000 square foot retail store and service department.

Where do you get your facts? And do you ever check them?

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/28/2007 4:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
UHHH!!
You better do some checking on that.
Other folks have--and other folks are still doing some research.
Yep--check the records.
Did they PURCHASE the building?
Or do you just go on believing what you are told.

And?
You still haven't given your expert opinion on the Sotello interview.
That my friend is some interesting listening.
And--lot more of it coming down the pike.

Hey--have you heard about the mules that are being seen around KM?
Rumor I hear is that excepting a few minor details they are pretty much Gilroy bikes.
Kind of a long R&D program to clone a 4 year old scooter don't you think?

I love the dealership requirements--$4 Mill?
That's more than Stellican paid for the name.
I just love these guys!!!!

Post Edited (KC Cheef) : 10/28/2007 11:25:54 PM GMT

Ada Ada
Psychedelic Relic

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 297

Posted 10/28/2007 7:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't hardly read what you guys are saying.  could  you use number 3 size typeset, please?  Some people like me can't read small print so good.

I sort of sounds like a good discussion, but I'm not sure.

HogWild
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 5123

Posted 10/28/2007 7:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Has anyone noticed this thread runs pretty much like the Indian itself? Dang bike won't die and neither is this thread.... lol lol

The Real Pappy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/29/2007 7:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Indian Motorcycle Company seeks to establish 50 free-standing, exclusive Indian dealerships in the top markets in the USA. These stores will sell Indian motorcycles, parts, accessories, apparel and general merchandise. Key criteria required:

* The necessary equity and debt capital to fund construction and fit out of a 10,000 square foot retail store and service department. These costs are estimated at approximately $2.0 million and exclude land costs

* Store location on an interstate and built to Indian's design

* A minimum of $1.0 million of equity and debt capital to fund operating expenses and working capital, in particular inventory for motorcycles, parts, accessories and apparel

* A seasoned motorcycle store General Manager and Indian Motorcycle enthusiast, supported by a qualified team

* Willingness to build a business for the long term and to participate in the best new power sport opportunity in the market

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/29/2007 8:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KC Cheef said...
UHHH!!
You better do some checking on that.
Other folks have--and other folks are still doing some research.
Yep--check the records.
Did they PURCHASE the building?
Or do you just go on believing what you are told.
Purchase / lease. Whatever, they are there.
Have you seen the building? I have been there, not since Indian got it but before. There is a big difference between 10,000 and 40,000 sqft; enough that you can see it. That is not a 10,000 sqft building. It is many times larger. You can say different all you want but all it does is call into question your other "facts".

As far as the $4 MIL goes, not sure what the concern is.
It is not a franchise fee. It is not a fee at all.
It is ESTIMATED costs that Indian has come up with for setting up a new store in one of the top 50 markets and on a interstate. That cost will vary greatly from one area to another.
4 MIL is an estimate to “fund construction and fit out of a 10,000 square foot retail store and service department” and “fund operating expenses and working capital, in particular inventory for motorcycles, parts, accessories and apparel”
Indian is not a construction company nor do they own the land where they want the stores. They also do not sell the fixtures to “fit out” the store. Indian is not selling the tools and equipment needed in a service department. None of that money is going to Indian.
The only money that would go to Indian would be when the store owner stocks the store with Indian product.
I am sure that if a dealer is able to meet the requirements for less than the 4 MIL Indian would not tell them they must spend more until they spend 4 MIL

I would expect the bike to be like the bike out of Gilroy. It would be dumb to come out with something too different right out of the gate.

As far as Indian goes, you are the only one here with the expert opinion. Seems you know everything there is to know about Indian. Ray's interview was what I expected. Even better that he was interviewed by a person who he had on his payroll. Softball questions and expected 20/20 hindsight and even better foresight.

It was almost as exciting as seeing Karl Rove interview Georg Bush.

Post Edited (Big Chief) : 10/29/2007 4:37:29 PM GMT

Mac_Muz
Steering Committee

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 10321

Posted 10/29/2007 2:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well this is ammusing.. KC I am in for 45 pounds anyway. I tip the scales at 145, so another 45 would make me 190! Perhaps with that I could be somebody? LOL

Yeah we would like both sides, but sorting out the facts from personal issues is a rugged task...

What was in Branson? Is that Branson Missourii? All I know about that town is there is a pizza bar that can't be beat..

So many bikes, and so little memory
Ossipee New Hampster "Eat Seeds or Die"

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/29/2007 3:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wondered about what Branson was about to.
So I googled Branson Indian Motorcycle and after a little looking around this is what I found

http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/irip04.htm
http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/irip05.htm
http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/irip06.htm
http://www.huntersfriendresort.com/irip07.htm

Seems a group called the Iron Indian Riders (www.ironindian.com) has an event in Branson every year

martinjmpr
08 Triumph Scrambler

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 4681

Posted 10/29/2007 3:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Okay, so Indian is saying it will cost $4mil to set up the store and get it running (does this include the salaries for the first year or so?) I don't know anything about motorcycle franchising, so I'm curious, how does this compare to someone who wants to open, say a Honda or an HD dealership? More or less? I think that will be good to know because I can't imagine that sales volumes of the new Indian would be anything close to what a major manufacturer would get, so if $4mil is significantly higher than what another dealer would need to set himself up then I don't understand how the business venture can succeed.

$4 million - that's 160 $25,000 motorcycles right there, and that's just to break even. I don't know how many motorcycles a typical HD dealership sells, maybe someone here who is in "the biz" can shed some light on how long it takes to sell 160 high priced bikes.

Obviously, they have lots of other stuff to sell, too, so that maybe brings down the number of bikes they have to sell to break even, but now you're talking about fashion, and fashion is subject to wild fluctuations.

I used to be of the opinion that people smarter than me have already figured all this stuff out, but I'm old enough now that I don't have any illusions any more.

Martin

Denver, CO

UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycle) Fanatic

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/29/2007 6:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Martin.
Other stuff to sell?
Nope not right now.
Not even a coffee mug, or T-Shirt for the time being.
Yep--that's kind of a cool way to look at it.
What do you reckon the chances are of selling a $25k motorcycle every other day for "The Long Term?" lol
Especially when you are going to be limited to one style for the time being.

WOW Big Chief--you are so clever--kind of gave you a chance to advertise your group there didn't it?
IIRA sponsored Indian Motorcycle every year in Branson.
It made such an impression on the local newspaper last year that the reporter referred to the Group as the IRON MAIDENS!!--That's some funny shit right there!!!
I got to admit--it is the largest gathering of Gilroy bikes you'll ever see.
It is promoted as a rocking chair rally.
No rides sponsored by the IIRA--that group is mostly there to set around and admire each others rides.
One group did ride pretty frequently--but they aren't returning there this year.

Hey big chief--if they are coming out with a Gilroy bike?
What's the holdup?
I'll agree with you though--that's what it'll be--warmed up Gilroy.
New paint, and a little different bling.
Maybe a little more zing in the PP.
I'm thinking not though--I'm thinking they chose the wrong boy to save that motor.
If he's who I think he is--he couldn't do it for Gilroy ,and he'll fail again if his rebuilds are any indication of what he plans to do to the KM engine.

I think I about got you pegged--you gonna have a party in the barn in a few weeks?
Mind if I ride out and say hey to some old friends?
As far as KM goes?
Yep--been there!! scool
Not impressed with a factory with 10 cars setting in the parking lot.
How many were there last time you rode by?
Do you reckon it to be enough to man a motorcycle manufacturing facility that will have bikes out in less than a year?

Hey Big Chief.
The interview between Sotello and Branscome?
Hold onto your Indian Pony--gonna be a lot more interesting info than that coming along--just be patient. :p

Hey Mac.
I don't know--145 is kind of small for an Indian Chief rider.
Most of them I ever met go 220 or better.
Hell some of us are even over 5'6" but not that many.
And FaggotyLiar?
Well he's such a lard ass other Indian riders take bets as to his actual weight.
I'm guessing over 400 but he's denied that!
Spy photo below--yes--he also rides a sport bike--and a Wing--and a Indian Chief.

Post Edited (KC Cheef) : 10/30/2007 1:36:32 AM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
XL_Biker.jpg
  51KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 4870 time(s).

Chunky Monkey
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/29/2007 10:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KC Cheef said...

WOW Big Chief--you are so clever--kind of gave you a chance to advertise your group there didn't it?
IIRA sponsored Indian Motorcycle every year in Branson.
It made such an impression on the local newspaper last year that the reporter referred to the Group as the IRON MAIDENS!!--That's some funny shit right there!!!
I got to admit--it is the largest gathering of Gilroy bikes you'll ever see.
It is promoted as a rocking chair rally.
No rides sponsored by the IIRA--that group is mostly there to set around and admire each others rides.
One group did ride pretty frequently--but they aren't returning there this year.

Hey big chief--if they are coming out with a Gilroy bike?
What's the holdup?
I'll agree with you though--that's what it'll be--warmed up Gilroy.
New paint, and a little different bling.
Maybe a little more zing in the PP.
I'm thinking not though--I'm thinking they chose the wrong boy to save that motor.
If he's who I think he is--he couldn't do it for Gilroy ,and he'll fail again if his rebuilds are any indication of what he plans to do to the KM engine.

Not impressed with a factory with 10 cars setting in the parking lot.
How many were there last time you rode by?
Do you reckon it to be enough to man a motorcycle manufacturing facility that will have bikes out in less than a year?

Hey Big Chief.
The interview between Sotello and Branscome?
Hold onto your Indian Pony--gonna be a lot more interesting info than that coming along--just be patient.
Don't know who you think I am but you are wrong. I don't own a barn and I never claimed to have been to that building since IP left. I do not live in the area.

I also know nothing other than what I read about that event and the group. Not sure why you always go so far off topic. You look for things that just are not there.

Are you still standing behind your fact of the building being 10,000 sqft or less? If you were there you know you are wrong.

What problem do you have with Nick Glaja? He seemed to do a lot of good at Victory and he was at Harley just prior to Indian hiring him. Seems to be a pretty well respect guy in the industry.

This is from Motorcycle Product News, an industry newspaper

Indian's VP of engineering Nick Glaja's career spans 27 years. He has worked for some of the giants in the motorcycle world, including his most recent stint serving as the principal engineer of powertrain technology at Harley-Davidson. Prior to that, he was powertrain group manager at Victory Motorcycles. "Being involved with the rebirth of Indian Motorcycle is the most exciting and challenging opportunity of my career," says Glaja. "Everything we are going to build in the future is going to grow from a sound engineering foundation, and my first goal is to provide just that. Only after that can we deliver the products deserving to carry the Indian Motorcycle brand."

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/30/2007 8:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nick Glaja?
I got no problem with him at all.
There are some rumors out there--and mind you I said rumors that his participation in this project MIGHT be limited by his past association with HD and Victory.
RUMOR says it is the Victory association that might be the problem.
Me I don't know--but it is an interesting RUMOR!!!!
As in ND agreement MIGHT effect just how much he is able to contribute to anything engineering or design related.
Just a RUMOR--but it does make sense when you think about it.
Take your own advice, and read my post carefully.

And-I apologize if you are not who I'm thinking you are.
Are you affiliated, or a participant in the Pubic site?
Your unquestioning support of all things Stellican would kind of make me believe you are.
As far as the size of the building?
Might have something to show you in a day or two.
Can't promise--and it might not happen--but it is a possibility.

NoMoreChickenStrips
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 70

Posted 10/30/2007 5:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey I just thought I'd pass this on from the Charlotte observer today. Great to know that Indian is still rolling forward despite the guy in this thread with an obvious axe to grind (hope there are not many more where he came from). I do not come on this thread much anymore - I was hoping that some good discussion around Indian would start - some have, but the axe grinder just doesn't get it. Some people root for the return of Indian. My take on Indian is they appear to be doing it right - going slow and leading the way - putting their money where their mouth is and researching the hell out of everything. This will be one VERY interesting rebirth of the legendary brand of motorcycle. I can't wait to see more american v-twins on the road. I am guessing it will be quite awhile before they reach sales numbers worth crowing about. But by the looks of the talent they are acquiring - the big boys are already taking notice - like having an anvil drop on your foot!!! LOL Here is the snippet from Charlotte:

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/341132.html

Posted on Tue, Oct. 30, 2007
Indian Motorcyle to open store
Indian Motorcycle will break ground Wednesday on the company's first area dealership.

The company relocated its headquarters to Kings Mountain from Sarasota, Fla. last year. The store will be built off Interstate 85 at the Lowell-Cramerton exit, said an email from the company.

Along with Indian, sister company yacht-maker Chris-Craft Corp. announced plans last year to create more than 800 jobs and invest $42 million in Cleveland County.

The 106-year-old motorcycle manufacturer is rebuilding its heritage brand and expects to debut new bikes next year, according to its fall newsletter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rebecca Sulock

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/30/2007 8:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dang!!
Beat me to it by 10 minutes.
Yep--they announced a factory.
Read the release.
announced LAST YEAR to create more than 800 jobs and invest $42 Million in Cleveland County.
The store will be built off Interstate 85 at the Lowell-Cramerton exit, said an email from the company.--An email from the company is NEWS?
Hey--I got an investment for you No More Chicken Strips--Send me your email address, and we'll do a deal.
You got a couple Mill to invest?
This quote from chicken strips?
I wish you all on here only had some kind of idea how often those sentiments have been expressed on the Public Indian site in those exact same words.
Hey Strips--you a member? LMAO!!!
"My take on Indian is they appear to be doing it right - going slow and leading the way - putting their money where their mouth is and researching the hell out of everything. This will be one VERY interesting rebirth of the legendary brand of motorcycle."

It would be interesting to see a HARD report on just how much has been invested so far, and how many jobs have actually been created.
Word I recieve--and from what I saw?
No more than 12 cars in the parking lot EVER.
They also made a press release over a year ago.
They Photoshopped (Poorly done) Tractor trailer rigs backed up to the door of the factory.
This article appears to be just another Press Release.
Might be some more info in the next month or so.

Interesting last sentence.
THE 106 year old motorcycle company?
Did any one bother to tell them they have only owned it since 2004.
Any one bother to tell them the first real rebirth went from 1999-2004?
Any one bother to tell them INDIAN MOTORCYCLE was established in 1901, and went out of business (While owned by Brits) in 1953?

Rad that release CAREFULLY, and see what your honest opinion is.
Looks like a PR machine at work promising a lot.

Post Edited (KC Cheef) : 10/31/2007 3:37:08 AM GMT

NoMoreChickenStrips
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 70

Posted 10/30/2007 9:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There is a little more detail...here is the actual e-mail sent out by Indian to announce the event (the groundbreaking on the new model store) I guess they are for real - you know -creating jobs by building the store and then employing actual people to run it. Good luck Indian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First dealership of the historic motorcycle company's new era to be located southwest of Charlotte

Indian Motorcycle will hold a Groundbreaking ceremony Wednesday, October 31 in Lowell, NC at the site of the company's future dealership. This will be the first of 50 dealerships the company plans to have in place by 2010.

The new building will feature interior and exterior designs that Indian Motorcycle Dealers will adopt across the country. Its Lowell location is in Gaston County, just off I-85 and visible from the interstate.

The ceremony will be attended by Indian Motorcycle's Chairman Stephen Julius, President Steve Heese as well as the Charlotte and Gaston County Chambers of Commerce, the Mayor of Lowell, The Gaston County Board of Commissioners and Economic Development Committee and the mayor of Kings Mountain, NC.

Indian Motorcycle is America's oldest and most iconic motorcycle brand. The 106 year old company opened its new manufacturing facility in Kings Mountain, NC in July 2006 and is currently in pre-production. Indian Motorcycle plans to release a 2009 model year Chief in 2008. These limited edition motorcycles can be reserved by visiting the website www.indianmotorcycle.com

KC Cheef
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/30/2007 9:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You haven't been by since IP left?
You mean you haven't seen their sign??
OH MY GOSH!!!
The Indian Dealers in Kansas City both had signs that would put the IMC Factory sign to shame.
Both of those dealerships were small--even by Gilroy dealer standards.
Almost like they are ashamed of advertising the fact that they are there.
What is it--like 3x5?
Last I knew it didn't even have lights in it.
And?
It was part of a fire and liquidation sale if what I'm told is true.

The Real Pappy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/31/2007 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wish I had known in advance about the ground breaking. I would have made the trip. I like the fact that the factory and the first dealership will be only 4 hours away.

The Real Pappy
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 10/31/2007 2:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HogWild said...
Has anyone noticed this thread runs pretty much like the Indian itself? Dang bike won't die and neither is this thread.... lol lol
Now I don't care who ya are, that there some funny stuff!