Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > Nomad blogging continues...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
231 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Smitty
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 10/21/2011 10:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I think  you eight years on the Nomad is longer life then most will have put on their bikes.  True I have had my '00 Honda 929 for a number of yers as well.  THOUGH admit that often the '87 Yamaha YZF600R filled in a bit, but sold that last Spring.

Though also have a '03 Honda 954 & between the 929 & 954 those are my bikes for milage & travelling up here in the mountain roads. 

True you have put in some tough work to make some corrections on that Nomad.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 10/25/2011 5:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The truth is that since I bought the truck, we had two cars and a truck, and so the nomad got much less use the last three years. In fact I rode it more the first year than the last three combined.

Part of that was because I hurt myself three times (not on the bike) in the past 8 years.

Part of it was because I got tired of motorcycle rallies with a lot of people and quit going.

Part of it was the very bad weather last winter.

Part of it was from having less money last year & too much work this year.

But my goal is to start commuting on it again next spring, as I'll have the winter to get things sorted on it which I've been neglecting with the excuse that "I wasn't riding that much."

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
qmann at asdiengr dot com
http://hooligancruisers.proboards102.com

Mntsnow
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 8

Posted 11/9/2011 12:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry I don't get over here very often.....I totally understand the lack of riding Cadd. I too have not put as many miles on this last 2 years as I had prior between getting remarried and work etc. But both my wife and I are planning on some good motorcycling trips this coming summer (Bonus is that she rides her own bike (08 Heritage Classic) and with me now also riding a 2010 Streetglide which is much more comfy for the long rides & being the 2012 Utah State HOG rally Event Coordinator I really will be putting on a lot more miles this coming year(s) as I am planning on hitting a few other State's touring rallies as well!Hope all is well and we will eventually tie up for that ride to Yosemite when we are down visiting family!

Post Edited By Moderator (CaddmannQ) : 11/19/2011 2:29:44 AM GMT

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 11/10/2011 7:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any time you can make it out here, but it should be after mid-May if you wanna go over Tioga.

As for comfort, well comfort was a big thing for me too. Being able to ride 150 MPH wasn't needed, but comfort was.

"When in doubt, ride."

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 11/10/2011 8:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mntsnow said...y I don't get over here very often.....

I totally understand the lack of riding Cadd.  I too have not put as many miles on this last 2 years as I had prior between getting remarried and work etc.  But both my wife and I are planning on some good motorcycling trips this coming summer  (Bonus is that she rides her own bike (08 Heritage Clas

Sorry that you choose to make your text WHITE.
It's hard enough to see on a light blue background..........but in a reply window, it disappears totally.

Any chance that you might NOT do that in the future ??  Please ??

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003

Posted 11/18/2011 7:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I patched it up for easier reading. Evidently it was composed offline & pasted in here, judging by the HTML in the post.

"When in doubt, ride."