Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > 2009 Victorys  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mcassill
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 149

Posted 7/24/2008 1:16 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Victory has the 2009 lineup on the site now. 10th anniversay Vision, some new colors, the 106 inch motor now in the Jackpot and Hammer, and more available factory bling. yeah
Mark

www.polarisindustries.com/en-US/Victory/Pages/Home.aspx

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.  -  Thomas Jefferson

1982 Honda CB750f
2007 Victory Kingpin Touring

Harley1
Forum Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 247

Posted 7/24/2008 5:29 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You're right Mark. Motorcycle USA was there when its newest models were released recently at Pasadena's Art Center College of Design. Check out the 2009 Victory Motorcycles - First Look article and tell us what you think.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 7/24/2008 5:38 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thanks for the report guys, 
i haven't ridden a vic but i think those bikes look nice. 

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 7/24/2008 6:13 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Harley, nice write-up. That Roland Sands bike looks downright wicked.
Jon, you should go down to your local dealer and take one for a spin. Be sure to bring your checkbook along. :-)
Mark

Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual.  -  Thomas Jefferson

1982 Honda CB750f

Jay Mack
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 497

Posted 7/25/2008 6:41 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It looks like Victory is get'n click'n. It is a nice progression and expansion of color availability for '08. If you haven't test ridden one, which is very easy to do, IMOP, they're the best riding cruisers out there, in terms of power, smoothness and handling and general fun factor. Little 'spensive, though, unless you buy used.

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/25/2008 10:40 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like the Kingpin 8-ball; very cool!

I still think their touring bike looks like hell though. :p

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 7/25/2008 11:35 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Man I love the paint job on the 09 Vision. What a gorgeous red.
Reverse gear is a nice update. Much better than having your g/f get off and push (don't ask me how I know!). Shame about it's implementation though. Looks like an afterthought.
I hope Victory weathers this economic storm though. My local shop in the LA area just closed down...

Børk! Børk! Børk!

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 7/25/2008 6:17 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

I hope Victory weathers this economic storm though. My local shop in the LA area just closed down...

Victory will be fine. Bike sales are a bit slow, but thanks to a great farm economy Polaris (parent company) is making lots of money. For the last year or so they have been working on weeding out some underperforming dealers. Dunno if that is what happened with yours, but possible.
Mark

1982 Honda CB750f

Jay Mack
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 497

Posted 7/26/2008 6:34 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Victory tries to maintain a proud face, but I have nagging doubts about the actual numbers they're selling. I just don't see them out there and VIctory dealers have a bad habit of not staying in business. THey dont seem to take in used bikes on trade and they don't seem to keep much of I stockpile on hand.

If you go to the VIctory website, they have a great 'build your VIctory' program, and the options and bikes look really great. I hope they make it.

mcassill
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007

Posted 7/26/2008 7:34 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Last numbers I saw were somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 bikes sold last year. 50,000 in 10 years. I see one out on the road once in a while, among the sea of Ultra Glides and Gold Wings out on the highways. Dealers I have been to here do have a nice selection and do take trades; mine had some nice Harleys for sale for a while last summer.
Mark

1982 Honda CB750f

Bonton
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 418

Posted 7/26/2008 9:30 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Tros said...
I like the Kingpin 8-ball; very cool!

I still think their touring bike looks like hell though. :p

I agree, we have a couple of the 8-balls in a groiup I meet with and they are nice looking and go good.  After mkt pipes help a lot.  Gonna take some getting used to to like the Vision but we have an owner also in my group and he love his.  Smooth cruiser he says.

Treat every thing like a dog.   If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Vin44
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/27/2008 5:10 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I own a 2007 Victory Vegas and absolutly love it! Prior to owning a Victory I owned a Suzuki and had ridden other bikes including Harley's. My first test ride on a Victory totally blew me away. Incredible handling and power like nothing else I had experienced. Every Victory owner I ride with (Triangle Victory Riders) swears they will never go back to any other bike. It's really exciting to see where Victory is heading with their 2009 lineup. Victory needs to step up their marketing. They have an exceptional product that is not getting out enough to the public. If you have never test ridden a Victory you are missing out!

freebird
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 93

Posted 8/15/2008 11:38 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mcassill said...
Last numbers I saw were somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 bikes sold last year.

Nope.

Victory currently sells 6-7,000 units annually and they will never break the 10,000 unit mark. They have ONE engine and are stuck in the same niche market as New Indian, OCC, Big Dog, Big Bear, etc. Wake me up when they build a modern engine and bolt it to a bike with a wheelbase shorter than 60-inches.

HogWild
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2006
Total Posts : 5123

Posted 8/15/2008 8:33 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...
Man I love the paint job on the 09 Vision. What a gorgeous red.
Reverse gear is a nice update. Much better than having your g/f get off and push (don't ask me how I know!). Shame about it's implementation though. Looks like an afterthought.

The Polaris dealer here has had a complete work over and they are now selling Victory. I have some Polaris machines and the folks that run the place are great. I must admit their new line is rock solid in looks.