Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > He wants new saddlebags  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

RescueGirl
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/15/2011 12:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I got my husband a honda shadow this year and it has some old saddlebags on it but they are in pretty poor condition. He had mentioned that he would like to have new ones and I thought it would be a good birthday present for him but I don't know much about what would look best on the bike. I found some nice looking ones on autowarninglights.com but would like to know what others suggest

mrmarklin
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2011
Total Posts : 299

Posted 4/16/2011 2:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lots of good stuff out there.

Try this: http://www.t-bags.com/company.aspx

Decent quality stuff.

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u114/mrmarklin/IMG_6125.jpg[/IMG]

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 4/16/2011 4:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RescueGirl said...
I got my husband a honda shadow this year and it has some old saddlebags on it but they are in pretty poor condition.
What does he want them FOR ?

To carry just the bare necessities.....like jacket liner and rain suit and a few odds land ends.......or big enough to carry a 12 pack ??  smilewinkgrin

I like bags.....but as small as you can get away with.
Easier to mount, often without special brackets and look better, I think.

Let's see if I can get a picture to work............

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Creek.JPG
  427KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 822 time(s).

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 4/16/2011 6:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Sorry gal for since 1946 I have never had saddle bags or any proper form of carrying gear.  Ever since '48 most of my street irons have had a small, but decent petrol tank bag.

I am sure some of the others will come up with suggestions as so many DO have them in some form or another.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 4/17/2011 5:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
here you go easy. Those are rather nifty.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 4/17/2011 8:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
here you go easy. Those are rather nifty.
You reposted that because.......you think some readers are too lazy to click on the attachment ??? smilewinkgrin

On this particular bike, I ended up going that way because the bag brackets were a royal pain.
I still need to rework the seat bracket to get the yoke under the seat.
Figure on doing that when I get my new Russel seat.

Sledge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 101

Posted 4/25/2011 5:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Rescuegirl,

You may have already found some bags for your husband, but if you haven't-
There have been some good questions asked of you already. The purpose of the bags would help you pick some out and if he wants the bags to be pretty easily removeable or not. I say this because I have hardbags on my bike that I don't plan on taking off.

Also, does he have a sissybar on his bike? There are alot of options for adding a bag to hang on the sissybar. Just another option to consider.

Here's a link to leatherupdotcom. I haven't bought saddlebags from there, but have purchased a few other items. I feel that if you ordered something from them and it's not right for his bike they'll let you return them easy.

1st bike:  2005 Hyosung GV250... "Eve"

Current Bike: 2009 Yamaha V Star 950T

"All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy." -Scott Alexander

larrywoods
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/10/2011 1:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
i want saddlebags for my bike, that would look stylish and could carry some heavy gear as well. any suggestions where I should visit? Any site suggestioin? PLEASE HELP !!!

Gone in 60
Lone Commuter of the Apocalypse

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 657

Posted 11/10/2011 2:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just a thought, everyone... A bike owner, especially a cruiser owner like someone with a Shadow, often chooses accessories based not only on how they function, but how they look on the bike as well. When I chose the saddlebags for my VTX, I looked at hundreds of 'em before I decided on the ones I bought, because I wanted a specific style - sloped to match the curve of my fender, no frills or buckles, a certain size, etc.

Rescuegirl, I don't know if your husband just wants pure function for his saddlebags - if so, nylon cheapies from Wal Mart would fit the bill. However, since bags are a very visible part of the bike, he might want to look at a bunch of options to decide what he think looks cool. It's very nice that you want to buy him new saddlebags, but, just thinkin', the gift could be to let him pick out the bags he wants, and buy them for him.

Work to ride, Ride to work
Honda VTX 1300R & 750 Nighthawk