Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Custom/Cruiser > BIG AIR INTAKE. NIGHT TRAIN  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

636ADAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2110

Posted 7/15/2011 6:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey guys, my friend has a 03 night train fxstbi , fuel injected with aftermarket exhaust. he has a screaming eagle big breather for it.      can he just put it on and drive it? or will it require new mapping or other work?

The Nancy Boys that whined lol were halarious lol This is priceless.

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 7/15/2011 6:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
it needs mapping. I have heard that EFI will adjust to the new pipes and air intake eventually. I am not so sure about that. he needs to basically do it right and have the bike mapped for the exhaust and air intake IMO.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/15/2011 10:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Harley Dealership should give him the answer...and know that combo...and...there should be a Screamin Eagle map for that.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 7/15/2011 6:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
636ADAM said...
can he just put it on and drive it?
He can try.

The first stop then probably will be a dealer to find out what to do next and how much $$$ it will cost him to gain basically nothing in the end........except maybe a different "look" and a slightly different sound.......and more dust into the engine.

(I am biased, in that I don't believe amateurs should be messing with their engines.)

636ADAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 8/2/2011 8:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

good to hear your replies     thank you.

i think he needs a power commander, but his other friend is saying he needs to calibrate his ECM....wtf?    is that even possible?

i thought thats what after market fuel managment systems like bazaaz and power commanders did.   he is waiting on advie from here.  

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 8/2/2011 10:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
636ADAM said...

he is waiting on advie from here.  

Lou already gave you the best advice.

And I told you what I think of the proposal.......so I agree with Lou......IF he really thinks he HAS to do it.

That's about as good as it gets here......as we have VERY few Harley owners persent.

636ADAM
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2005

Posted 8/13/2011 9:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, he got a map from harley.

Bonton
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 418

Posted 11/9/2011 9:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I put screaming eagle pipes on my Hardly Deuce to make it sound bettah and style and probably have about 65 h.p. On those days I want 180 at the rear wheel I bot a Suzuki B King and did a stage one mod and can scare my self in any gear.

Give me liberty or I will fight you to the death.   Le Bonton Rollie 
08 Suzuki 1340 B-King
03 Harley "Deuce" Soft tail.
2000 Suzuki 1400
1989 Yamaha V Max
1981 650 Yamaha XS