Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MCUSA Site/Forum Questions & Suggestions > more riders needed for the a class  Forum Quick Jump

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

funkymonkey
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/19/2011 6:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
freaked im out of riders in the a class. there are four riders that are hurt can we please move some more riders up from the b class pleasejumpin

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 8/20/2011 9:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
funkymonkey said...
freaked im out of riders in the a class. there are four riders that are hurt can we please move some more riders up from the b class pleasejumpin
What the hell is this all about ?????

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 8/20/2011 9:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, ER2, I can't help you. I am just beginning to be able to translate Smitty's posts. I don't have time to learn another language at my age.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 8/22/2011 10:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
funkymonkey said...
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately rider attrition is part of the game. Stratigically using picks for riders that may get injured.  Even moving up top B riders wouldn't do much good as many folks have maxed them out as well.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

Post Edited (Rich_S) : 8/22/2011 5:25:07 PM GMT

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 8/22/2011 7:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Let me guess 3 out of 4 of these riders were "moved up" to help the a class as well. Sounds like the a class is thinning itself out enough that eventually he will be able to make the b class the a class. lol Problem solved. No charge. 

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 12/15/2011 4:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

There is a lingo in many forms of sports to hobbies to you name it.  Like I decided our Gun Club need a new h/gun chairman, to sort of new blood & I was willing to be there each time, but he was in charge.  After all I had put some years in the Army reserve along with a lot of shooting as a normal joe.

So this thap kept on saying about a MAGAZINE in the world of CLIP. I pointed out that Clip was not the correct word & magazine was.  He felt MAGAZINE was to much of a word & CLIP was easy to say.

So I sent him an d-mail explaining what a MAGAZINE was compared to a clip.  Also at the executive, not as one with a vote, I put on the table a bandoleer with a number of CLIPS of 303 British ammo.  This is what we received & it was feed 10 rounds in the magazine of our Lee Engfield, to around 20 into a Bren Gun.  Though a week plus earlier he was teaching sort of beginners & they would go to a specific bench where the h/gun was for them to use.  They kept on asking me if I had a spare clip of 5 rounds & I told them mine was better for it was a mazine with 5 extra rounds in it.  Plus the not h/gun director counted so much on the rear sight & NOT the front blade, so they had to leaern over again & most of my shooter were better.

Anyway now he says MAGAZINE & not clip.  I am also correcting his father-in-law that he needs to keep his eyes on the front blade, forget the rear sight, & to SQUEEZE the gun, not the trigger only.  He is starting to improve.

So there is a bit about m/c or riding lingo.  The stuff I started to learn back in 1946 sy 16 yrs of age.  True the owner, two of the partners & head mechanic were all British SO when someone asked for a SPANNER they got it rather then asking for a WRENCH.  Also I say Aluminium like the Britsh do to if one asks for a TORCH that means a flashlight.  Just to name a few

Here in Canada & in so many countries especially Jpn they use the Metric system & reason their normal American sockets to spanner will not fit.  So even the pilots of fighter bombers are familiar with the metric system IN THE USA, to also if you are any armed forces you ask for an artillery group of 150mm howizers (strange is it not that even the USA says 150mm ) to aim their shells at the enemie & not at so many yds, feet or inches, but in METRIC distance.  SLOWLY the Metric system will become the way to measure of the language for most countries, except 100% of the Americans, will think & use the METRIC system. 

Lastly I had a board of general world wide conversation asked me to come on & tll them a bit about gauge, to bullets so just so many gauges for shotguns to calibers for h/guns or rifles.  Now they know the difference.  The North American way for rifle or h/gun loads to shotguns was confusing especially compared to METRIC.

I am continually using different powders to bullet tips so often in GRAINS rather then the metric of Grams, to .355" diameter for a 9mm bullet tip & same chap that did not believe .357" is okay for his 9mm ONLY to find out I was correct for both of us have CZ-75 9mm semi-autos & according to many SOF when forming an armed forced they want a Browning P-35 or Sig Sauer P-226, but the are expensive.  The CZ-75 is rifled a hair large & less in price.  So it has been nick-named "The Poor Army's Side-Arm" for the mionor few that will be also with a side-arm.   So DIFFERENT LINGOS in many fields INCLUDING m/cing.

For yes there is even a difference in a Cruiser, to a HD, to a sportbike, to also one only RIDES a m/c same as they rode a bicycle or a horse & did not DRIVE a m/c, bicycle, or a horse.

Surprise that the British speak ENGLISH, so do the Australians toi the New Zealanders & we have TWO main languages in Canada being English & French of with only 1/3 of the Cdns can mumble French.  Also remember so many of the immigrants that move to the USA learned ENGLISH though slightly different in some red necck States.  For when I am sending some money to a jazz program of jazz, the woman on the other end often says "you speack the same lauguage as us".

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Post Edited (Smitty) : 12/15/2011 11:34:15 PM GMT

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version

Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, April 30, 2017 1:38 PM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 500,924 posts in 39,661 threads.
In the last 3 days there were 0 new threads and 0 reply posts. View Active Threads
Who's Online
This forum has 21237 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, whhhhhaaaat.
1 Guest(s), 0 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details