Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Ride Reports > Riding Arizona  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Roadscout
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 13

Posted 10/24/2010 5:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Arizona has a lot of great rides, I try to do them all and I document them at www.arizonaroadadventures.com for other riders to use for information if they are planning to ride here. Check it out.

Road scout

RoadScout

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Sept 24 2010 192.jpg
  951KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 299 time(s).

OldCoot
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 6

Posted 10/27/2010 12:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Cool web site.

I took a nice ride a couple of years ago through Arizona. Hope to do it again someday. Next time I'll use your website as a resource. Thanks.

smile 

2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/27/2010 6:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

OldCoot,

Glad you like the web site, I try to update it frequently with ride reports and pictures. Its cooling down a bit now so the riding will be even more enjoyable.

Roadscout

www.arizonaroadadventures.com

RoadScout

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 10/31/2010 7:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had a terrific ride today, out the door at 8AM back at 5PM with 375 miles logged on the trip to Globe,ShowLow, Payson and back to Scottsdale. I lingered at the Salt River Canyon and took some shots that I will post tomorrow. Great trip, great weather and great roads.

RoadScout

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 11/1/2010 5:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I attached some shots from my ride through the Salt River Canyon yesterday. This Canyon is not a big as the Grand Canyon, but you can't ride the Grand Canyon- this is 10 miles of sheer excitment as you decend the south wall and then climb up the north wall. The elevation change is awesome, the road snakes down one side and up the other.

RoadScout

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_2325.jpg
  137KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 278 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_2890.jpg
  1.14Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 303 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_2909.jpg
  1.16Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 289 time(s).

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 11/7/2010 7:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Another spectacular day for riding in Arizona. Went with two other riders out to Tortilla Flats (east of Phoenix) via Rio Verde, Fountain Hills, Bee Line, Bush Highway, and the Apache Trail. Great ride through the lower Salt River Canyon and the Superstition foothills. A series of tight turns and great views. We were there with what seemed like hundreds of bikers. At times it was like a parade. Great ride but nice weather on a Sunday draws a lot of traffic to the Apache Trail.

RoadScout

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 11/7/2010 10:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Obviously some nice places in AZ for riding with a view. Thanks for sharing.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 12/7/2010 2:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

watching the weather reports from around the country this week makes me feel fortunate to live in AZ and have year round riding weather. This past weekend I was able to break away and ride from Scottsdale up to Wickenburg-Yarnell-Prescott-Jerome and back. The ride to Wickenburg is not so wondeful but 89A up to Yarnell and on to Prescott and Jerome is one of the best rides in the state. The trip up Mingus Mountain to get to Jerome for lunch makes a fantastic morning of riding. The return trip, retracing the route, is also a great way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon. Tempd in the 70s and cler dry roads were heavenly.  

For a description and pictures of the route check it out at  http://arizonaroadadventures.com/Prescott-Jerome-Sedona.html

The Haunted Burger and chili made an excellant lunch!  

RoadScout

RoadScout

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Jerome 005.jpg
  46KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 259 time(s).

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 4/23/2011 11:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Finally got away for a ride to Southern Arizona. Rode the back way from Scottsdale to Buckeye, then down to Gila Bend and Ajo enroute to Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and the border with Mexico at Lukeville, AZ. Great ride in nice weather and good road conditions. The trip took me about 5 hours each way and made for a great day. The National Monumant is a great place for camping under the stars but I was not able to do it this trip. Maybe next time. 

Visit http://www.arizonaroadadventures.com/OrganPipe.html for picture and a detailed description of the trip and the route. www.arizoanroadadventure.com is my web site for documenting road trips throughout Arizona and readers can use the reports for planning their own trips.

Roadscout

RoadScout

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
IMG_3068.jpg
  28KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 290 time(s).

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 4/23/2011 11:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nice photos; you might want to consider posting a few each week in the General section in the thread entitled Photo of the week.

Roadscout
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010

Posted 4/25/2011 1:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Good idea, thank you for the tip!!

Road Scout

RoadScout

Stone-man
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/22/2011 8:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just returned from a great trip through the Southwest. Here is my blog: www.usamotorcyclerides.com

JamieC
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/13/2011 10:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, there are some great pictures here! I work with Competition Accessories and we actually did a blog post recently that includes the top motorcycle roads in AZ and other areas of the Southwest, here is the list: blog.compacc.com/2011/07/top-20-motorcycle-roads-in-the-southwest/

Post Edited (JamieC) : 7/19/2011 4:10:05 PM GMT