Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Ride Reports > Around the West Coast on a Ducati Diavel and a CLS 63!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

motoGrapher
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 5

Posted 8/25/2011 10:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all! I have a motorcycle touring magazine and website back in India and I will be coming to the US for a ride on a Ducati Diavel coupled with an AMG Merc CLS 63. We started from LA on the 15th of August (Indian Independence Day) and will end back in LA around 3rd September.

The aim of the trip is to get as good photos as possible for an article in the first anniversary issue of the magazine. This will be my first time to US. Although I am just back from a trip with KTMs in Europe .

Have done 3500 so far and right now in Seattle! The car and the biker are performing absolutely fantastic.

Found crap weather most of the Highway 1 before we decided to hit inland from Winchester Bay and up to Seattle.

I will update regularly from now onwards and will try to take you guys on a feast of some great pictures, I

Here is the routes that we took so far:

LA-Carmel-Oakhurst-San Francisco-Seattle (via the Cascades). The remaining route is Seattle - Omak - Salt Lake City - Las Vegas - Furnace Creek - LA.

Some pictures from the trip:

Overlooking Mt Rainer:

The CLS trying to catch up with the Diavel!

Lots more to come! Stay tuned!

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 8/25/2011 2:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry, not a single button was pushed here. They are great machines, just lack any real power.

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 8/25/2011 2:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
cool, nice photos!

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 8/25/2011 2:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They are great photos. Let's just keep the Hypers on the Q.
jon said...
cool, nice photos!

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 8/25/2011 5:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Excellent!

I did not know the CLS 63 was already available.
Were you loaned the two vehicles? And why did you choose such disparate rides for this 'comparison'?

Børk! Børk! Børk!

motoGrapher
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 8/25/2011 9:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
@desmo: AMG and Ducati have a worldwide tie up, thats why. Also, we wanted to make things interesting and have a high performance car and a high performance bike together on the road. This is actually a full fledged roadtrip covering 7000 kms, and not a comparo.

Some more for today:

At Yosemite:

The CLS under drizzle in Winchester Bay

We will reach Salt Lake tommorrow!

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 8/26/2011 7:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Must be a crew shooting these great shots. You probably have some top gun photo equipment and SW with you.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

motoGrapher
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 8/26/2011 9:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
@redDog: the only crew is me :D.

Reached Salt Lake today after a 750 kms run from Hamilton, Idaho.

Was expecting lots of boring straights only, but was pleasantly surprised to ride through the rugged mountains in Montana en route. Reminded me of Ladakh back home in the Himalayas:

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/26/2011 10:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You only?

Then you need me to help out driving one of them beauties!

RedDog

motoGrapher
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 8/26/2011 10:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Where abouts are you located anyways?

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/26/2011 10:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In the Ozark Mountains, famous for some of the best MC roads in the US.

RedDog

motoGrapher
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011

Posted 8/26/2011 11:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have to do 800+ kms tommorrow, from Salt Lake to Las Vegas, but here is one more pic from Seattle a couple of days ago:

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/27/2011 7:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another nice shot.

RedDog