Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > Laser Light Show anyone????  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 2944

Posted 8/17/2005 12:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ever been to the Laser Light show at the Pacific Science Center??

I've been to the one in Tampa FL, and it was Pink Floyds "Dark Side of the Moon" Laser Light Show.  It was pretty dang cool.  So, I'm gonna take my little gurls to see "Laser Beatles Anthology" Thursday evening.  I know.......Dark Side is much better, but it runs tooooo late for my babies. 

I'm thinkin we're gonna have a great time.

Miki
scool smurf scool

Devilishly Disastrous!!!

DJoplin
05' R1

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 1268

Posted 8/17/2005 11:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yep, we did it last year. Cannot remember which one though.

BTW, I still like playing tourist, even though I live here now. Doing things that I didn't get a chance to do years ago when I lived further up north.

Mine is the faster REDDER R1......

Joe Merchant
I can't explain the likes of me.

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1872

Posted 8/17/2005 1:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mikimoto said...

I've been to the one in Tampa FL, and it was Pink Floyds "Dark Side of the Moon" Laser Light Show.

You talkin' bout the Bishop Planetarium shows?

Sure I've got a permit. It's called the Second Amendment. - Ted Nugent

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 8/17/2005 2:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Joe Merchant said...

Yup, that'd be da one!!  Was lot's o' fun!

Miki

Joe Merchant
I can't explain the likes of me.

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 1872

Posted 8/17/2005 8:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mikimoto said...
Joe Merchant said...

Yup, that'd be da one!! Was lot's o' fun!

Miki

'Tis gone now. Sorta. The entire Bishop complex has been upgraded bigtime. Now it's the South Florida Museum. The music shows are back, but they're not laser-centric anymore... from what I gather anyways.

Man, I used to love those shows way back in the day. Boston, Zepplin, Floyd, etc.

Sure I've got a permit. It's called the Second Amendment. - Ted Nugent

LunaZ
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 136

Posted 8/18/2005 1:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sounds like fun. Haven't been to a laser light show since...well, let's just leave it at that, otherwise people will laugh, since Thomas Dolby was the music attraction at the time!

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 8/18/2005 10:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

LunaZ -

I think the gurls are gonna luv it.  EXCEPT for one thing.....................when I told them that it was the Beatles they said "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".

I told them to give it a chance, that it'll be fun.

Miki

cool smurf cool

PS - I think we're gonna hit Dick's Drive In afterwards for milkshakes!!!!!! 

Bimota rider
"AGE" victim

Date Joined May 2005
Total Posts : 941

Posted 8/18/2005 10:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Miki said...when I told them that it was the Beatles they said "EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW".
Did they think you meant some bugs? lol

IMO: The laser Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" would be the one to see.

I know something about everything.....but I don't know everything, about anything.

Post Edited (Bimota rider) : 8/18/2005 5:56:25 PM GMT

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 8/18/2005 11:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bimota rider said..
Did they think you meant some bugs? lol

IMO: The laser Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" would be the one to see.

Hey BMBoy -

What's the quickest way to turn a kid OFF of a certain band or type of music???? 

MAKE THEM LISTEN TO IT AT SCHOOL!!!! 
Their music teacher must be a Beatles fan, cuz he's always making the class listen to their songs.

I wanted to do the Pink Floyd show, but it starts way toooo late for them.

Miki
scool smurf scool

Linzi
SV650, CB-1, Super Sherpa

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 313

Posted 8/18/2005 12:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm thinking Pink Floyd + laser show = unavoidable trance-like state of being. :)

LunaZ
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 136

Posted 8/18/2005 12:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Love them Beatles! I wish I had known about this sooner. I would've gone...oh, it's like that eh Miki! rolleyes

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 8/18/2005 12:42 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
LunaZ said...
Love them Beatles! I wish I had known about this sooner. I would've gone...oh, it's like that eh Miki! rolleyes
LZ -

The gurls luv going to the Pacific Science Center - we've probably gone 7 times this year..........so far.  We also go to the Planetarium for star gazing.

But our NUMBER ONE favorite thing to see, is the:

LIVE BUTTERFLY EXHIBIT!!!

It's almost magical, standing in there with the butterflies fluttering all around you and landing on your sleeves, watching them eat fruit.........it's just incredible.

Miki
 smurf 

DJoplin
05' R1

Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 1268

Posted 8/18/2005 1:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, but it's so damn hot and humid in that place. I'm breakin into a sweat just thinkin about it. Yep, been there too. Told ya I was a hometown tourist. Space Needle too. Waterfront.....geeze what else. Of course Pike place, more that a few times. Ferry rides for no particular reason. Museum of flight.....

BTW, it was Lazer Floyd that we went too. Daughter just didn't get it.

RAIN SUX!!!!!!

mikimoto
Anti-Sheanderthal

Date Joined Oct 2004

Posted 8/18/2005 11:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Well...........................THAT SUCKED!!!

We went down there, and were told at the Ticket Booth that they had cancelled tonights shows.

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I told the gurls that we'll go next week Thursday (and yes I confirmed that they would be running next week).

Miki

rolleyes smurf rolleyes