Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > Just say HOWDY...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
71 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 12/30/2005 8:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
New gals to mcusa, just drop a short introduction here, so you can be recognized. 

By all means, don't limit your 'visitation' to MotoGirls only. If you do, you'll miss the real meat of this site.

You can post up a duplicate introduction here: http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/default.aspx?f=17&m=214092

And post a picture of your ride here: http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/default.aspx?f=17&m=21588

To see all the headings, look HERE: http://forum.motorcycle-usa.com/default.aspx?c=28

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!

The men are quite well behaved on this site... just watch yourself in the War Room, it can get a bit rough in there.

Around the Campfire is for all the "Off Topic" stuff. Got some silliness to share, post it there.

Pam

Get on the MAP! http://www.frappr.com/motorcycleusa 

Post Edited (lionlady) : 1/16/2006 8:08:01 PM GMT

lionlady

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003

Posted 1/16/2006 2:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Guess I should put something here so folks can see who I am...

I'm Pam. I took the MSF in Oct '02. Currently riding a 2004 BMW R1150R Rockster - Limited Edition. This is my third motorcycle. Bought brand new in April of '05 and has 10K+ miles on the odometer now. I've got almost 20,000 miles under my wheels. I crashed two summers ago and came back. I dropped my current baby 3 times in one day... but I can't imagine giving up the joy that riding gives me. It is something I've discoverd that I do pretty well, and I'm proud of that.

I'm a mom and wife. Guitardad and I love going on day trips and weekend adventures together on our bikes. We're finally feeling confident enough to consider taking the kids along in the future.

My 'big' intro is in General Discussion.

Get on the MAP! http://www.frappr.com/motorcycleusa 

Patty D.
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2005
Total Posts : 58

Posted 1/16/2006 3:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi Pam and all,

My name's Patty.  I live in Shoreline, Washington, just north of Seattle, and work in Clinical Research at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.

After a 35 year hiatus, I decided to take up riding again.  A few months ago, I took the MSF Basic Riders Course and recently got my motorcycle endorsement.

At present, I have two bikes: a 1983 Yamaha RX50 and a 2004 Honda Rebel.

I really enjoy this forum; interacting with other riders and learning a LOT about bike wrenching, biking safety, you-name-it.

Ride safely!

Patty

Patty
Seattle, WA
1983 Yamaha RX50
2004 Honda Rebel

Windrider
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/21/2006 5:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Ladies,
My name is Vera and I am new here. I have a 2004 Lowrider. I have been riding on the back of motorcycles for 41 years now. In the summer of 2004 I bought a new Lowrider but still trying to learn how to ride it. Took the MSF and almost finished and then got pneumonia. Got over that and my mother who lives with me had heart surgery. SOOO comitted to taking the course again and learning how to ride this scoot. Looking forward to catching you on the boards.

GPXgirl kym
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 2

Posted 1/24/2006 9:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, im kym from Australia, I ride a GPX750R, 86 model, im a stay at home mum/wife, i have an 18 month old boy called sam, i also work at a servo part time for some extra pocket money. This is my third bike and i love it to bits, my husband has a GPZ1000rx, 85 model i think, and my son has a honda z50j, its so cute, he can only sit on he front and laugh while we ride it round the yard but he loves it already. Im realy excited to fin a place us girls can have a yarn. im pleased to meet you all. kym

gs650gl
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 9

Posted 2/3/2006 11:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone, I'm Mikkell and I'm from Rice Minnesota. My first time on a bike was about a year ago as a passenger and in oct of '05 I got a Suzuki GS650GL 1982. It needs a lot of work but I'm enjoying learning about bikes and working on my own, as it is now winter I really haven't had much riding time at all although I took the MSF course and missed my endorsement by 1 point. I hope to learn a lot from this site! drop me a line!

Wendy
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2005

Posted 2/4/2006 9:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Ladies,
I am at 19 months which still feels like a newbie. I rode on the back for a year several years ago. This hubby gave me courage that I could learn. Boy, was the Rebel big and scary. With over a year on the Rebel, I got a Sporty 883 upgraded to 1200 and a lowered seat. Now my hubby got me a Vulcan 500 for "fun". He also has a Triumph, which I can't ride. So we alternate the bikes by moods or rides.
I retired from teaching a year ago and ride every day I can. Here in Florida I can ride year round except for a few rainy/cold days. I ride mostly solo because we have to get a sitter for my Mom who lives with us for us to ride together.
Thanks for the ladies forum; it is a great place for getting to know other women riders and share experiences.
Wendy

motomom
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 5

Posted 2/9/2006 8:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi ladies!

I'm a 38 year old mother of a three month old and a three year old, and am a fairly new rider (one year, all while pregnant!!). I ride a 2004 Suzuki GS500F, and down the road have my eye on moving up to either a Triumph Bonneville or a 650 V-Strom.

Great to see all the other women out here...happy riding!

Catherine

2004 GS500F

akaMissy1961
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 2/23/2006 5:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Lisa and new to all of this in the chilly North East. I'm taking the MSF course in May, just received the confirmation letter smilewinkgrin and hope to have many enjoyable experiences motorcycling . The site is great !!! Lots of good info to digest

cjptbiker
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/19/2006 2:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

hop Hello ladies, I'm new to this site and I'm excited about it.  I took the MSF course in Jan. 2006 and really enjoy the course and rush. I have already received tips on purchasing my first bike.  I'm from the Rio Grande Valley in Texas. (flat) I'm looking forward to joining the rider's world.  I can't wait till I get my bike.  I'm leaning toward a HD 883.

Enjoy the ride and stay clear of crazy drivers on the road.turn

cjptbiker
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/20/2006 8:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

tongue Hello Lisa, you are going to love the MSF course.  I took the course in January 2006 and found it to be very informative.  We were a group of 12 and the ladies out numbered the men.  (8 to 4)  The instructors  were VERY good and patient.  It was a four day course.  Two days in the classroom and 2 days on the range.  We trained on the Buell Blast 500.  It was a great bike to learn on.  Not too heavy but had a great get up and GO.  I am new to this site.  I just joined in March and I have already received good tips.   I am still trying to decide what bike I want to purchase.  It is between a Vulcan 500 or Harley 883.  Anyway, hope you have a great MSF experience.

Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

akaMissy1961
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/23/2006 4:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks cjp. I'm looking forward to the course. Ours is 2 days, with classroom exercises in the am and the afternoons with riding exercises and practice. I got my permit a couple of weeks ago, but with 0 experience, I'm waiting for the class before I even try to decide about bikes...... This forum is great, chock full of great tips and advice. I'm counting down til May.... I'll keep you posted on how the class goes.

BikerBard
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 7

Posted 4/25/2006 9:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey y'all :)

I'm Donna G. I live in Highlands, TX and I currently ride a 1988 Ducati Paso 750. I'm also rebuilding my '79 Shovelhead.

1988 Ducati Paso 750 - Blue
1979 Shovelhead
1962 Triumph T100-C

debby
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2006
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/26/2006 3:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone,
I'm kinda jumping the gun a bit, but I'm really excited. I'm going to take the MSF in a few weeks. At the college here by my house they have it every weekend. it's a 3day course, friday evening the sat and sun 7:30-3:30. I sent my friend a email with a picture of a motorcycle that i wanted and a week later she called me and she & her son were going to look at motorcycles!! she said I gave them the motorcycle fever!!! She's leaning towards the Honda Rebel, but I keep eyeballing the new vento vthunder, in the ocean blue, of course they're all on backoder for 30-45 days, but I keep looking at others and I keep coming back to that one. I read a few threads on here of them, I might email some of the guys that bought one and ask more questions. Hope to learn lots from ya'll. can't wait to actually get to ride!!

Debby

lionlady

Date Joined Sep 2003

Posted 5/26/2006 4:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HI! Welcome!!

P

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery. 

DEEJAYGABB
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/25/2006 5:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, My name is Gabi. I'm 29, no kids, not married. I bought my first bike earlier this month. Although I've riden before, other people's bikes, and of course on the back, this is my first. It's a 2006 Honda Shadow VLX. I got the small 600 cc didn't want to overwhelm myself. But I'm already aching for more. Next year I tell myself, I have to get this one down pat... and I must say, I can't get off of it. I only know guys that ride, and of course, they're all in clubs... one is even a Mongol.. so he's not "allowed" to ride with me. The others have crotch rockets so they're not allowed with me either.. at least not to be seen on Sundays, when all the bikes around here ride together. So, I ride alone. Mostly around the beach. I live in Long Beach CA. I guess it makes sense, since I live alone, I ride alone. But it would be nice to find a group of gals to ride with. But I'm sure glad I can relate with the chicas in here. So ride on and be safe.

Mundane
'00 GS500e

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 87

Posted 11/7/2006 10:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Rory, I'm 24, and I ride a motorcycle.

I always wanted to ride, so I took the MSF a year ago.

I bought a GS500 the day after I passed.

In the year since, I've really only gotten in about six months of riding (less, if you take out all of the parking lot practice in the beginning). I'm at a little over 600 miles currently.

I don't know anyone who rides, so it's usually just me out there, trying to figure it out. But that's alright. It's how I do most things.

Proud to be a part of the community of women motorcyclists...

Sarah
Girl Wonder

Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 4

Posted 11/29/2006 9:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just saying hello.

I'm Sarah, 32.

I ride an '89 Honda GB 500 on the road, and I race a '03 CSR Formula 1 Sidecar in Superside America.

Sarah

Bad Cat Racing - www.badcatracing.com     ~     James Cornell Fund - www.jamescornellfund.org
Vampires MC - www.vampiresmc.com          ~     Superside America - www.superside-america.com 

Chromequeen
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 1/5/2007 11:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Girls!
I'm Chromie.... AKA Louisa.
I'm the happily married mother of 3. Took the MSF course in 03 and I'm picking up my second bike, a 1999 Vstar 1100 custom on the 29th of this month, and I can't wait!!! I'm passionate about bikes, both cruisers and sporbikes, but choose the cruisers for comfort and the ultimately exciting sound of a sexy sounding set of pipes...
Looking forward to getting to know ya.....

Post Edited (Chromequeen) : 1/5/2007 9:40:06 PM GMT

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 1/5/2007 6:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Chromie I just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. I'm from Al and I ride a Honda 600 vlx delux. I'm a 53 year
old newbie and I've also been stricken with the bike bug. I ride ever chance I get. I can understand why you want your
husband to ride. My husband Kamo taught me and we have a lot of fun riding everywhere together. I guess you have pretty
good weather to ride in Florida now, and it will be a while before we get decent weather to ride in. Be sure to post your bike
picture in the garage section. Back at ya! scool

600 vlx delux red and sassay

Chromequeen
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 13

Posted 1/5/2007 7:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Hello Bikerchix!
Thanks for the warm welcome!
Yep,  weather is nice,  and I'm counting down the days.
TTYS!

phantomsgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/22/2007 8:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Howdy from Texas!

I ride pillion with Phantomstar.  I joined the forum to try and get more of a feel for bikes and the excitement around them.  I have been a pillion rider since I was a kid w/my dad and have no desire to hold the handlebars.  I don't how many in here are like me, but I have questions out the wahzoo.......if I get brave enough to put them out there.

See ya around!

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 1/24/2007 5:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Phantoms girl: I rode with my hubby kamo for a long time and I enjoyed every minute, but the thrill of riding your own bike is such an experience you have to experience it your self. All my girl friends ride their own bike and I rode with my hubby. I had fun but I didn't quit connect the motor cycle term until I started riding my own bike. I could tell everyone about the beautiful scenery I saw but that was about it. lol I never was interested in riding until I sat on a 125 Suzuki and rode it around the yard. Next thing you know I was riding in the yard like a 53yr old nut. lol But I faced it, I was hooked. I now have a Honda 600 VLX delux that some would call a good newbie bike. I'm still considered a newbie but I love it. Whether you ride with Phantom or try to ride your self the
importance of it all is to have a good time. Just don't wait till your old as me. Just ask all the questions you want because there is
so many experience riders on this forum and you can learn a lot from them. I've overcome several obstacles thru this forum before
I actually joined. Just ask awaaaaay. bc1 :-)

600 vlx delux red and sassay

phantomsgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007

Posted 1/25/2007 9:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Thanks for the reply bc1!!!!!

I understand about the not connecting thing.....hubby can't wait till it quits raining here in TX so he can ride.  All I think about is I got to put on the helmet and the jacket and the gloves and I will be hot and uncomfortable and is my rear going to hurt so much I can't get off the bike.  It takes alot of effort for me to get into riding.  Not that I have to go with him, but we enjoy doing things together....... I don't know......."cry me a river or something".  I guess this isn't a chat for the Howdy thread.  I think I'll start a new thread about  my rear hurting so much.  Look for it, maybe you can help.

Later & thanks again,

PGturn

BBC Gal
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 39

Posted 1/29/2007 3:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Ladies,
I'm Gayle (aka BBC Gal) from the Denver Colorado area. I've been riding for about 6 years now. I waited until my kids were grown and on their own before buying my first bike. I currently have 2 bikes...a 2000 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 which is up for sale ($3800 if anyone's interested) and I just bought a Big Bear Venom Prostreet Custom in Oct. I'm addicted to riding and if there isn't snow and ice on the road will take a scoot just about any time. I'm looking forward to "chatting" with anyone on this site that wants to contact me.
Keep the rubber side down!
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Bike6.jpg
  389KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 279 time(s).