Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > Just say HOWDY...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
71 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 1/30/2007 1:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, BBC Gal, welcome! Love your bike!!

P

Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery. 

BBC Gal
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 39

Posted 1/30/2007 2:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you. I'm glad I stumbled upon this site. There are some really great people here.
Thanks for the compliment on the bike too. I love it!!! It's loads of fun to ride and the guys usually end up being impressed that a chic is riding a bike like that. lol. Now if we could just get some good riding weather. I bought the bike in Oct and haven't gotten to ride it much lately because of all the snow and cold weather we've been having.

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 1/30/2007 6:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to the forum BBC Gal, I really dig your bike. Look forward to chatting with you on the forum. bc1 :-)

600 vlx delux red and sassay

KiwiMax
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 210

Posted 1/30/2007 8:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HI there

My name is Maxine and I'm a 46 year old New Zealander, and I've been riding for 31 years. I currently have a Suzuki 650 LS Savage, which I bought on the UK eBay a couple of years ago while I was living there. Bought it as a wreck, did it up (real labour of love) and its a great little machine for one so short as myself.
In process of separating after 10 years of marriage, and my plan this coming summer is to come the US and fulfil a long cherished dream of riding from New York to LA over a couple of months. I plan to start in New York and head West. Since all I'll have to start out with (apart from a bike of some description!!!) is my courage, my Rough Guide and a road map, I'm keen to hook into conversations with fellow two-wheeled women who can either appreciate the dream and cheer me on, or who might even be interested in keeping me company for a few miles somewhere along the way, at various stages between July and August 07, as I head through where some of you might be based.
Respond if you're up for chatting, I'd love to hear from you.
Cheers.
Max

BBC Gal
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 39

Posted 1/31/2007 7:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks bc1. I look forward to chatting with you.
Hey Max! Good for you!! I'll be your cheering section for sure. I admire you for what you are about to embark on. When you come through Colorado, please be sure to give me a hollar as I'm sure we can hook up at least for some coffee or a meal.

KiwiMax
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2007
Total Posts : 210

Posted 1/31/2007 7:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BBC Gal, nice to get a response from you! Colorado is definitely on the list, been there once before, many years ago, and remember staying in an old bordello and watching a spectactular mock gunfight in the streets of Silverton! Whats Colorado like in the middle of August? I'm a coffee hound, so a cuppa sounds pretty good. Keep in touch!

SportyHD
Lowrider

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 23

Posted 2/19/2007 3:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi Everybody - newbie here, to both the forum and bike riding. My name is Petra, I am 38, and live in the sunny south on the border of Ga and SC. I am a GA Peach by birth and a yankee at heart. I even married a "Main-a) cool

I took the intro safety class this past weekend and now am looking for the "one". I want an 883L Sportster - not new, a couple years old. Anyone with experience with this bike??

My history with bikes is that they either didn't have an engine (bicycle), or riding in the "back". I did ride a moped a couple times when I was about 13, but thats the extent of it. (Don't pick on me too badnono .) It's time for me to change all that, and I am hoping to learn lots from you gals.

Ride on!

~ petra

I'ts all about the ride..............

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 2/19/2007 6:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi SportyHD, welcome to the forum. I also welcome you under my hubbies post Kamo under the newbies. I hope you enjoy the forum like I do. It is very informative and I have taken some of the riders advices and it has improved my riding skills. I am from east Alabama about 60 miles from Atlanta, Ga. I am also a newbie and I hope you will read the information I posted under Kamo that I feel will help some of your questions. Back at ya! bc1

600 vlx delux red and sassay

SportyHD
Lowrider

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 23

Posted 2/20/2007 8:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BC1 - thanks for the clarification - thought you and Kamo were one in the same.... close enough :-)

I'ts all about the ride..............

Kristen
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2007
Total Posts : 8

Posted 2/26/2007 12:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Everyone,

My name is Kristen and I live in Orange County California, and I've been riding just about a year now. After riding with my guy on the back of his Victory for about a year, we decided to "look" at bikes that might fit me and that I felt comfortable on. We weren't planning on purchasing, but we walked out that with a new V Star 650 Classic Black! I think I fell in love with "Stella" (my bikes name!) from the moment my rear touched the seat! I absolutely love my bike and riding and everything that goes with it, but the cleaning! : ) I think I keep buying more accesories and upgrades so I won't have to clean the old ones. I'm still learning lots about my abilities and my bike but will make my first trip ever to the Laughlin River Run this April! I love the look of the forum and hope to learn more here!

Good Wishes,

Kristen

Kristen

2006 V Star 650 Classic "Stella"

Elle
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 74

Posted 4/12/2007 8:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi I'm Elle and I have a Virago 250. I rode motocross about 25 years ago as a kid and did not ride again until 2000 when I bought a Honda Reflex with which I was really pretty satisfied (Also took the MSF course and passed with the best grade in the class). Had the 'Flex about a year and a half and decided to upgrade to a maxiscooter and got the Honda Silverwing which is a 650 cc bike. While riding down the highway with a friend (and going 110 mph) I decided that maybe having that much power was not a good thing for me. I downgraded to a Genuine Stella (which I am now selling) and after a year decided that 150 cc is not enough. I decided to try motorcycles again and bought a 2006 Virago. Now if it would just warm up enough to let me take it out for a test run. I have had it a week tomorrow and have not had a chance to ride....

MCLady
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/15/2007 3:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Whhhooo Hooooo!  Is this bike riding fun!  Just took my class and passed.  I smiled so much during the first day of training that my cheeks hurt.  Can't believe I waiting 39 years to do this!  Anyway, my name is Lisa (MCLady - couldn't think of anything more creative) and I live in Jax, FL.  I'm married and have one boy who is 21.  Glad I found this forum, just reading it prior to my class helped me pass.  You girls ROCK.  Look forward to continued reading.

Craftycat
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 2

Posted 4/17/2007 4:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi there, my name's Craftycat and I am a Brit living in France!! I ride a Cagiva Raptor 1000, off to take a look around the site and see whats what!!

Post Edited (Craftycat) : 4/17/2007 11:19:12 PM GMT

JessiRox
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 11

Posted 4/26/2007 3:45 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey everyone!! I'm Jessi and I'm new to the message board. In fact, I joined yesterday! (c: I took the MSF course about three weeks ago and bought a 2007 Yamaha V Star in Pearl White the next week! (c: I love it!!! So anyhow.. hello to everyone!

red rs
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 9

Posted 5/2/2007 10:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi everyone!

My name is Becky (red rs). Started riding at age 6, last bike at age 18. Took the MSF with my hubby 2 years ago and then got a VTX1300. Didn't like that so I sold it . Rode hubby's GoldWing several times ( really, really liked that:-) ) , but he said no need for 2 wings just now so I just bought a 2007 Royal Star Tour Deluxe. Between the rain and work I really haven't had much time to ride it yet!

Happened upon this site and thought that I would say "hello".

Looking forward to chatting with all of you sometime!

MissHell
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 7

Posted 5/2/2007 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aloha,

My name is Michelle, I started riding in 1999. I completed MSF, ERC and participated in a few track days.
I am one of the founders of an all female motorcycle group in Hawaii, stop by our website and visit.

RadarO'Riley
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 18

Posted 5/14/2007 10:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, I'm RadarO'Riley, I live west of Weatherford, Texas, I'm 64, a great-grandmother, & I have been riding motorcycles off & on for most of my life. I have two daughters who also ride. My hubby is not a rider, but doesn't object to me doing it. I have owned several bikes through the years but now have a Suzuki Savage & am getting a Suzuki C-50 tomorrow. The Savage is a great "dancer", I can weave all the white lines on our country roads with no problem at all. My hubby keeps teasing that I am going to sell the Savage, but am buying the bigger bike in order to do some highway traveling with my girls. My Savage has the Texas flag on the tank and when I ride with the chopper crowd, I usually get as many comments as they do.

RadarO'Riley

michivious
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/27/2007 8:48 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello, Michelle Here,
I just signed up to the forum. I am a 38 yr old mother of one girl age 6. I just got my 4th motorcycle Yamaha V-Star 650. All the previous ones were offroad enduro bikes. I always wanted a street bike and I finally got one! One thing I am a bit peeved about is when I bought this bike I thought it was going to be big for me but didn't know it wasn't till I already bought it. The dealer wouldn't let me go for a test ride so I couldn't compare. And, of course, being a girl didn't help matters. They think we don't know anything. I have been riding all my life! Anyway, I am still happy I got it. I may just trade it in next year for a bigger Yamaha or even a Harley. The only thing with harleys that scare me is the weight. I am 5'2" and all the bikes before this one were way to high for me. That didn't stop me but it was a challenge. At least I could pick them up if I dropped them. Having a road bike that I can reach the ground flatfooted really does make a difference when it comes to weight. I just wonder how much will be too much. Plus the fact that I may not be able to try my next bike either before I buy it. Any suggestions on bikes are welcome. I know the Vstar comes in an 1100. That would be a good one but as far as the Harley's I have no clue.
ANYWAY, A big hello to all the girl riders out there. I have seen a few around my area of Rochester, NY but none while riding :-( I would like to find out if there is a club or something. I just moved to the area not too long ago from Florida and I am still meeting people. So let me know!
M.

sunset
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2007

Posted 6/28/2007 12:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
howdy all...just found this site...very cool..
my baby is a hd 03 deuce (3rd bike) 
i'm 53 and long ago decided to start on "mid-life crisis" because it looked so fun...why wait?!
been  riding 7 years...just took the experienced riders course.
i live in nor cal.
i'm heading up to idaho next week for a paint job (2 murals). 
plan on taking 2 days to get there and 3 weeks to get back via montana, wyoming and so. idaho.
can't wait!

sunset

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
fallpic.jpg
  233KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 451 time(s).

Marti
HD Woman Rider

Date Joined Jun 2007
Total Posts : 27

Posted 6/30/2007 8:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I'm Marti, 44-year old full-time wife of a motorcycle riding guy, mom of 12-year old boy who rides on the back of Dad's bike.  We live in Minnesota, USA.

I'm a part-time artist (potter and jewelry — see my website for a peek at my work ).

Learned to ride 3 years ago.  My current bike is a Harley-Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.

I have reached an age when if someone tells me to wear socks I don't have to.
--Albert Einstein

StargazerXT12
HD 883 Custom Sportster

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/8/2007 1:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey Everyone. I'm Joan. I am a mother of 2 grown daughters, living in Western Washington. Tacoma to be exact.

In April I finally got my first motorcycle (life got in the way), a 2007 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 Custom. I took the MSF course and have been riding at every opportunity since. I just love being able to ride and find Any excuse.
The StargazerXT12 from my other passion... astronomy.  I own an Orion XT 12 (the size of the mirror... 12 inches) Dobsonian telescope which I use quite often. 

Hope to meet lots of new, interesting people here. It looks like a great forum.

Joan
StargazerXT12

Post Edited (StargazerXT12) : 8/8/2007 8:47:40 PM GMT

Lady Rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 19

Posted 8/8/2007 7:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello everyone.  I'm Dot and grandmother to the cutest little boys.  My husband and and I both ride Yamaha VStar 650's, his a classic and mine a custom.  I love it--short enough to fit my 5' height and the weight is not bad either.  I would like a little more horsepower but worry about more weight.  We ride every chance we get.  In May we took a road trip to the Smokey mtns and a few weeks later went to the Ozarks in Northwest Arkansas.  When we retire in a couple of years we plan to do a lot of riding and would love to see all lower 48.

Nice to meet you all.  Be safe...

awalker
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007
Total Posts : 14

Posted 8/15/2007 5:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello!  My name is Adrienne.  I am married (6 years this November) and we have a 5 year old daughter.  My father had a motorcycle my entire life so I always knew I wanted one of my own and not just to be passenger any longer.  I bought a Honda Shadow Spirit VT750DC, but it was too heavy. I am only 5'4". Even though I could ride it, I was not comfortable.  I just traded it for a Ninja 250.  Something I can get comfortable on and eventually graduate to a Harley Sportser 883L.

My husband also rides.  He started on a Honda CBR600RR, but recently purchased a Yamaha R6. They are both too tall for me, so I guess I won't be riding my hubby's bike. :)

Nice "meeting" everyone!

Yohun
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2007

Posted 8/15/2007 12:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello ladies.  I am a brand spanking new biker, from Dayton, OH and have wanted to ride for a very long time.  I just recently purchased a 2007 Suzuki GS500F and will be taking the BRC next month.  I am excited and inspired to see so many female bikers.  I look forward to all of the advice and experiences.  Everyone be safe and enjoy the ride!

Exquisite_Paine
Suzuki C50

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 15

Posted 9/21/2007 7:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Ladies!

New here, I ride a Suzuki C50 Silver/Grey. I have been riding most of my life, nearly 45yrs old. Raised six kids, I taught them to ride motorcycles before they had bicycles, all are grown now and am divorced and living with my girlfriend in Arkansas (soon to be moving to MA). Love my bike and as soon as I get moved back east I am going to build myself a chopper too.

I am a flatbed truck driver, currently haul steel, have done it all, steel, concrete slabs, oversized, general dryvan, including operating heavy equipment.

|^^^^^^^^^^^|\
|EXQUISITE ______| '|""";.., ___.
|_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)