Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > Just say HOWDY...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
71 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

rebelrouser
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/29/2008 9:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Everyone,
My name is Amy. I just bought my first bike today. A Honda Rebel 2007, nice and red! I rode a Shadow after I learned to drive but it scared me as I am very petite and short so I decided to let my friend keep it and got my own. People think I was a little silly getting something little but I feel soooooo much better and I just need to learn and be out on it. The other one scared me so much I only took it out once!

So I can't wait to get going. I have a disability in my right leg and I am waiting for the engine guard to come before I ride. I also have Lupus and I think this will make me happier than I am even on a rough day.

So I'm happy to be here and will be at least lurking around and about.

Namaste,
Amy

lulublue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 6/11/2008 1:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm Laura, living in Portland, Oregon. I bought a 2008 Honda Shadow Sabre 750 this year. Technically it's my second bike (the first being a 1999 Honda Magna 750), but the Magna is living without me in Mexico, and I never really drove her, mostly let my man drive her around with me on the back.

I love love love my Shadow, but haven't named her just yet. The weather here in Portland has been really poor this year for driving (it's June and we're still in the mid-60's with overcast skies!), but it's given me a lot of opportunities to get more comfortable on my moto. I'm a newbie to driving motos (only got my endorsement in December of last year), but hate to admit it. I'm one of those tom-boy girls who people always assume has been riding for years. Nice to have that response, but my pride makes me try to live up to it (only in conversation, btw, I'm no fool on the road!).

If there are any other women in the Pdx area, please contact me - I'd love to have some other women to ride with! The boyfriend has two motos too, but they are both currently in Mexico, so I am a solo rider these days.

See ya in the chats...

Laura

Post Edited (lulublue) : 6/11/2008 8:29:08 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
my750.jpg
  396KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 397 time(s).

Math Teacher
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 8

Posted 8/11/2008 2:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Ladies,
New to the riding and to the forum. I live in Texas and man is it hot right now but I'm still practicing. Got the MSF course scheduled for first of Sept. Nice to see so many ladies riding. I have since found several ladies at my school that ride. It's a real ice breaker. People seem to either be envious or think your crazy. Been a passenger for a while, but being the driver really gives a new perspective. Even when in my four wheeler, I drive different. I am always on the lookout for bikes. Having fun with the hubby though and he is really happy I am learning to ride.

Just bought a 2007 Yamaha V-Star 650.

appylover
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 6

Posted 8/11/2008 8:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hello, I'm Deborah and live in Oregon. I will turn 50 in October, married with one daughter and proud Grandmother to three boys. Four year old twins and a 6 month old. Will be taking my BRT class next week. Have never rode a bike before but have been a passenger behind my husband. Bought my first bike a couple weeks ago a "2009" Yamaha V Star 650 Custom. Husband has been taking me on rides and can't wait to start riding it myself. Oh, I have ordered a Engine Guard which hubby will have installed for me. Probably order Mustang Seats soon. The passenger seat kills my rear after about 30 minutes. smile   Nice meeting everybody..........  

"2009" Yamaha V Star 650 Custom

Rebel Rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 115

Posted 8/24/2008 3:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello I live in Portland Oregon, I bought my Honda REbel motorcycle used from the dealer, it only had alittle over 1,000 miles on it and the dealer offered warranty so it followed me home. I am just now getting comfortable on the bike. It has been a real learning experience and I really didn't know how much I would fall in love with the feeling of riding my motorcycle. When you are on the motorcycle with a streach of rode out front of you, you get the gears rigth everything just clicks. I think you know what I mean that feeling is very addictive.

reda355
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/31/2008 2:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well just found the website, very bored today to yucky to ride. I live in Vermillion, SD. I took the motorcycle safety course back in 2000 and bought a Vstar 650 for about a month then rode my husbands vstar 1100 and sold the 650 and had him get a new bike. But this year actually in Sturgis I bought a new bike 05 American Ironhorse Chopper, it is alittle different ride but loving it so far :). I will try to figure out how to post pics at some point. Riding jut feels so natural and I to find every excuse to find....

Nice to meet everyone.

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 9/1/2008 3:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to the forum Reda355 and glad you found us. You will enjoy this forum, we all have a great time expressing our opinions and giving our two cents worth. lol Took over Hubby's ride huh, that a girl and now your own Chopper. Yes, do post a pic when you can. Welcome again from Bc1 from Alabama. cool bc1

Live well, Love much and Laugh often!

matter
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 5

Posted 9/15/2008 1:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi all! I live in NW Los Angeles (the Valley to locals, but don't judge me for it!), and I currently ride a Yamaha Vino 125. I've had it over a year, and I love it, even after riding it through Pittsburgh, PA in ice, which I don't recommend! Since it turns out I don't have the CA version of the Vino, I think I'll wind up trading it in for something different. I waited almost ten years since I first got my M endorsement to buy my first bike. I'd say that was long enough, so I'm hoping to get back on the road asap. Now I'll have to decide whether to stick with a scooter or switch to a true motorcycle.

kmcrab
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2009

Posted 4/26/2009 4:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi All,

My name is Karen.  I live in the KCMO area and have been riding/racing dirtbikes since I was 8.  I just found this site and am very excited about it.  I have several vintage Honda minibikes and one vintage Suzuki Enduro that I have restored and I love to ride.  I only have one street bike, a 1969 all original Honda. I own a Sign/Graphics company, so I am able to incorporate my love of all things vintage in my work with restoration.  I am looking to buy a larger street bike in the near future as I would really like to take some trips on a bike, I have never done that.  If anyone has any input on a bike that is comfortable,durable and somewhat sporty please give me your opinions.  I am open to all brands, have looked at HD's and Honda and like them both.  I am not interested in anything new or a sportbike.  As you can probably tell I like vintage, but I realize that on a long trip vintage might not be the best or most comfortabe choice.  I really know very little on street bikes as far as what would be the best for what I want to do.  Dealerships have been very little help so far.  Thanks and I am stoked to find this site!!  Karen

Karen
Vintage Bike Lover

CowGurl
Lady Biker

Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 9

Posted 7/28/2009 12:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi

This is the part I do worst so bear with me.

My name is Anne Elizabeth but everyone calls me Anna Beth. I've been riding bikes on the street for nearly 6 years now with several years of dirt bikes before that. . However, this Ladies area is what drew me to this forum. It gets so tiring riding with the guys all the time. I get a lot of trash for riding and esp. about my bike. The guys are envious of my Custom Fat Boy and keep telling me that it isn't a little girls bike. Like I'm going to give my baby to one of them.

Hubby and I are going to ride up to Sturgis in a few days with the crew from the shop and their wifes and girlfriends. From there, a group of us women are going to ride to the Women's Conference. So if you see the bike or me, wave.

Anyway, hope to meet you all...

Anna Beth

"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons."
- The Alien Invaders, The Simpsons

2007/2009 Custom Fat Boy

Linda
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/8/2009 1:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey ya'll. My name is Linda and I live in Virginia.  I've been riding on the back with my husband for about 6 years, and have been riding my own bike for 3 years.  I just now completed the safety course, and yes, I have named my bike---it's "baby bike," because all the guys commented on how its a little 250.  Its big enough for me for now, and both my feet touch the ground, which is a "feat" by itself.  I logged on here to see whats what as far as highway riding (haven't got the courage yet), and jumped into the women's forum--I don't have any other close riding girls around, so its soo refreshing to read all the posts, and meet some rider chicks!  Yay us!

deborah
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2010
Total Posts : 5

Posted 3/30/2010 11:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi from across the pond, Deborah 47 years old been biking for 7 years. First bike was a Suzuki 650 followed by a Honda CBR 600 and my present bike is Aprillia Tuono 1000. At 6 ft I am lucky to be able to touch the floor on anything .
Jamie spent 2 holidays in Nashville, loved it .

Photo taken in Southern Germany last year
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
geoff 003.jpg
  1.30Mb (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 314 time(s).

SnowangelX
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 5/16/2010 1:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
turn

Hello Ladies!

My name is Sara, I live in Denver, CO and I just bought my first bike, an 04 Suzuki RM 100. It needed some crankshaft work so right now my boyfriend is fixing it, he has a KTM and loves working on bikes. It should be good to go in a few weeks.

I had been looking for a Suzuki and fell in love when I saw this one...found out later that the RM100 was actually a Kawasaki KX100 with Suzuki plastics and have gotten some flack with "real" Suzuki bike owners on other sites, hehe :) Oh well. I love my bike, it's my baby and I can't wait to get on the trails with it. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Post Edited (SnowangelX) : 5/16/2010 8:52:34 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
mybike.jpg
  333KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 243 time(s).

Hermit
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 41

Posted 6/1/2010 8:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Girls!
 I am Hermit, real name Lisa. I have been riding motorcycles for over 18 years and can feel those years catching up to me! LOL
I love riding and meeting new friends, so I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

All4Blakey
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 347

Posted 6/3/2010 7:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome to everyone who has recently posted.

Sorry, but this board has become a bit slow in the last several months. There was even debate by the guys as to whether or not they should get rid of it.

Hopefully more female riders will start posting and we can get this thing going again.

2004 BMW R1150R (Otto)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic (Mo)
Newbodometer: 8600 miles

thatgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/6/2010 1:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Another newbie saying hello!
I don't have a bike or license to ride one yet but working on both. In a couple of weeks I will be taking a coarse to learn to ride and hopefully will pass and get my endorsement. I have rode mini-bikes when I was a kid. I have a scooter now that we use as a pit bike when we are racing and I rode ATV's for years but never a full fledged bike before so I'm a little nervous about it. Hopefully I can learn a few tips here to help me out along the way.

And oh my goodness! Don't get rid of this section as I just found it smile  

jrexg
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 11/2/2010 2:52 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
name is Rex, just wanna say hi to everyone here ! :)

Gale Thorstone
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011

Posted 3/28/2011 5:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello! I’m Gale from WV. I had a bike for a short period over 20 years ago, then got another just last year. First week I put almost 1000 miles on it. It is a small one, 2000 Honda Rebel 250, but I love it. Just got a great inexpensive sissy bar bag for it and not-so-inexpensive saddle bags. Am planning on going on some long trips this summer. Right now I am anxiously awaiting its return from the shop, where it is being repaired after our last lay down--she got it worse than I did... Anyone belong to the bike club Women in the Wind?

Helga
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 9

Posted 4/24/2011 7:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That is a tough looking bike, Gayle!

Suecoho
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 6/9/2011 2:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Everyone,

I just bought my 2nd motorcycle about 2 weeks ago, a Yamaha XT250. I had a TTR230 dirt bike but only got about 5 hours of riding on that one since the closest place to ride was about 20 miles away. I've put almost 200 miles on my XT already, practicing to take the skills test and get my endorsement. I get butterflies every time I think about that!

Anyway, I live on the beautiful central Oregon coast, where we actually get a few really nice riding days each year. I can't wait to start riding my bike to work, especially with the price of gas and my Jeep gets 10mpg!

If anyone has any advice for me about the skills test, I'd be thrilled to hear it. I have a real hard time with the U turn (after the cones), almost dropped Bert (the bike) and got a really nice bruise on my right calf for my troubles.

Sue

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 11/19/2011 4:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
UPdated pic of my bike:

ATGATT: Because walking away in disgust, beats riding away in an ambulance.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
  40KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 241 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
P8200051.JPG
  1.46Mb (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 225 time(s).