Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > motorcyclist killed by woman painting her nails while driving  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

red head sue
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 52

Posted 5/17/2010 11:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hubby and I are members of American Motorcycle Association. Hubby found this article over the weekend, and shared it with me. I wanted to share it here, in hopes that spreading the word might prevent another needless death.

http://ama-cycle.org/news/story.asp?id=1952

red head sue

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted Yesterday 5:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hunt, a nurse, faces up to five years in prison when she is sentenced next month. I don't feel that justice was done here because she will be able to walk in five years or less. Everyday a motorcyclist gets killed or badly injured due to the fault of a stupid driver not paying attention because of distractions. This week an 18 yr. old kid past me doing 120 miles in his dad's corvette. Lucky, I was paying attention in my rear view mirror and notice his quick speed advance. I immediate got out of his way and I saw one of our policeman began to chase him. The boy finally ended up wreaking his fathers car and he of course went to jail and that was on Wednesday and happy to say he is still in jail because his parents will not bail him out that he needs to learn a lesson. He wreak in a school parking lot and thankful there were no children out at the time. Thanks Red Head Sue for sharing that peace of info. bc1

Live well, Love much and Laugh often!

FantasticJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2005
Total Posts : 1

Posted 8/13/2010 9:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just joined the Black Nail Brigade to help raise awareness about distracted driving.

red head sue
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 52

Posted 8/16/2010 12:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here's the link to her "sentencing":
http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=2136

red head sue

ABrons
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/25/2010 9:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Wow, what a tragedy. Hopefully this serves as a lesson to all distracted drivers