Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > Hey Girls, A ton of questions....  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Hermit
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 41

Posted 6/18/2010 4:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have noticed on this forum, a strange quiet.......so I figured I would post a bunch of questions to get you girls talking again!jumpin

1. How long have you ridden?  Over 18 years.

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group?  Alone.

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both?  Both.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations?  Used to and would like to again.

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most?  The "Ride Like a Pro" videos. Also platform boots.

6. Are you a sportbike rider or cruiser?  Cruiser.

7. What is the one thing you would like to acomplish the most with your riding?  To travel and to encourage other petite women to ride.

Well I think I will leave it there, only because I cannot think of any more questions at this time....LOL. Hope this post takes off and MotoGirls is saved.

Hermit.

itsertime
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 67

Posted 6/18/2010 5:50 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
great posting im getting back into it after 7yrs off so im a little nervous but basically cant wait i got a ninja 250. I like riding alone mostly back roads i would love to get those videos u mentioned. take care, Erica

talon
she rides

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 688

Posted 6/21/2010 1:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1. Been riding since 1982. Little over 200,000 miles now.
2. I enjoy riding alone or with my husband. Two bikes is big enough group for me.
3. I enjoy two lane back roads or local four-lanes. 90 mph slab, not so much.
4. I belong to no organizations.
5. Learning from my mistakes has improved my riding the most. Stupid hurts.
6. Currently I'm riding a 2008 Suzuki C50 Boulevard. I've owned eight motorcycles.
7. Not looking to accomplish anything but keeping the rubber side down while stacking up miles :-)

Great post!

Ride it like you want to ride tomorrow.

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 6/22/2010 4:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, its riding season! Pretty much ALL moto-forums go very quiet as spring becomes summer.

P

ATGATT: Because walking away in disgust, beats riding away in an ambulance.

Zuki Rider
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 6/22/2010 9:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1. How long have you ridden? 3 years

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? both

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? I like back roads, there are no highways here.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? No

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? I took the BRC which helped me get on a bike for the first time. But just getting out and riding has helped with my ability as well as confidence.

6. Are you a sportbike rider or cruiser? Cruiser.

7. What is the one thing you would like to acomplish the most with your riding? Just getting on a bike is an accomplishment for me.

:p

It's a great day for riding.....

Hermit
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010

Posted 6/24/2010 10:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
lionlady said...
Hey, its riding season! Pretty much ALL moto-forums go very quiet as spring becomes summer.

P

So true Lionlady!! Just didn't want this forum to dissappear! Enjoy a summer full of riding!
Hermit.

jesi22
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/1/2010 4:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Hi!! My name is Jesi, and I'm new in this forum. I'm here cause I need to find a jacket which it's very important for me. My girlfriend is looking for this jacket from many time but she doesnt find nobody, no shop that send her. Soon its her birthday, and it will be perfect that it was my present for her, so I need that pleeease!!!! if somebody can tell where I can find it its very very important. I know that I'm new here, and nobody knows me, but I need you colaboration, please. Sorry, if its not the adecuate place to say this, but my english its not good that you can see, because I'm from spain. the name of the jacket is ICON WOMENS MERC 3 SUZUKI JACKET, I put here some photos. If domebody wants to help me, you can contact with me in the e-mail jesica.morales@hotmail.es thanks for reading this, thanks a lot.

Post Edited (jesi22) : 7/2/2010 12:00:45 AM GMT

bikerchix1
1100 Honda Ace

Date Joined Dec 2006
Total Posts : 864

Posted 7/2/2010 10:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have been riding approximately 4 years and I ride a 1100 cruiser. I will ride alone but I perfer to ride with my husband Kamo. I like to ride with 6 riders or less but not in large groups because I consider it a safety issue. I do not belong to any Women's organization but I have been considering it. I have watched ride like a pro and it taught me that practicing the manuvers with a better rider. Even season riders take time out for practice. One important thing I would like to master is left hand turning from a stop and tight turns. bc1

Live well, Love much and Laugh often!

TigerLily
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 32

Posted 7/3/2010 10:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I started 5 years ago at age 44. I'm now 49 and have ridden about 100,000 miles. I retired as a registered nurse and now I ride all over the country. I ride a Victory Kingpin - and enjoy riding with my husband, or in groups, but I think more than anything I enjoy riding alone.

p.s.  How do I post a pic so that it is visible on the message?

Not living is scarier than dying.

Post Edited (TigerLily) : 7/3/2010 5:15:33 PM GMT

red head sue
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 52

Posted 7/6/2010 2:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

1. riding for a little over 2 yrs
2. prefer to ride alone, or with hubby
3. all roads are fine - although I draw the line at gravel
4. only group I belong to is the AMA
5. taking the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course. Best money spent
6. cruiser
7. I ride for enjoyment, so every day that I get to ride I'm reaching my goal. I get to ride to work most mornings, so most days are good. :)

red head sue

All4Blakey
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 347

Posted 7/7/2010 2:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1. How long have you ridden? 2.33 years

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? Alone.

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Both. I don't ride freeways much unless I'm on a trip.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? No. Just a general AMA member.

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? BRC. Planning on an ERC sometime within the next year.

6. Are you a sportbike rider or cruiser? Standard. I don't fit into either of these. I ride a BMW R1150R.

7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? Just keep improving and get more basic mechanical knowledge to do all maintenance on my bike.

2004 BMW R1150R (Otto)
2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic (Mo)
Newbodometer: 10100 miles

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 7/26/2010 11:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sorry  to tell you t his bit, but once Winter has arrived or time to put away the bikes then even less will be on this m/c board or any board.  It just seems to be the way things go.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

jasm
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 7/29/2010 5:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How long have you ridden? Over 18 years.

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? Alone.

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Both.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? no only in this forum

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? ride more

7. What is the one thing you would like to acomplish the most with your riding? for purposes like going shop, cinemahall etc.

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 7/29/2010 3:41:18 PM GMT

thatgirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 8/6/2010 2:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't answer this yet sad

Oh, wait, I can. I can answer #5 I belong to this forum.

Quicklimegirl
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2004
Total Posts : 828

Posted 8/6/2010 8:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Used to hang out here a bunch several years ago...decided to check it out again to see what's going on......

1. How long have you ridden? 34 years on the street; 7 years prior in dirt & trails (52 years old)

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? Alone, or with my BF Kevin. I don't really like group rides.

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Backroad & mountain twisties. Slabs SUCK.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? A couple loosely off & on.

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? Just riding a lot of twisties at whatever pace I am most comfortable with on a given day.

6. Are you a sportbike rider or cruiser? Naked/Standard Sportbike ('03 Z1000) and 2 stroke Cafe Racers

7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? Have fun and stay alive. Do trackdays if I can get my RZ350 to pass inspection.

'03 Z1000 Kawasaki
'85 RZ350 Yamaha Kenny Roberts Special
'79 RD400F Daytona Special
'76 RD400C Stock
'75 RD350 Mildly Cafe'd
'74 RD350 Wildly Cafe'd (Avatar)
'75 RD125 Stock
'73 RD60 Stock
'72 G5 100 Kawasaki - Restoration of first new bike, street legal enduro
'66 Suzuki 250 X-6 Hustler

Post Edited (Quicklimegirl) : 8/7/2010 3:17:55 AM GMT

CBRchick
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 13

Posted 6/6/2011 9:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Currnetly ride CBR1000rr and I prefer it alone on a long fast road. I belong to no organizations. I would prefer to elevate the level of female riding to a point that there is no distinction. Get enough of us out there and people will stop noticing. I want my daughters generation not to get harrassed and stopped like I did 20 some years ago. The one thing that improved my riding ability most is that I always count on some idiot paying more attention to their cell phone than to where I am on the road.

carlabunga
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 3

Posted 6/9/2011 7:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi everyone, I am new here and am glad this is a women only area. It's nice to talk with other women riders.

1. How long have you ridden? On and off for 33 years.

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? I have rode in both and I think I prefer groups.

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Both.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? No and I just joined a riding group who works with the patriot guards and I am very excited.

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? Experience.

6. Are you a sport bike rider or cruiser? Started with a sport bike in California and have gone to a Cruiser in New York.

7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? To go on a long ride that lasted for days, like in the movie with Tim Allen, Wild Hogs.

Carla

Beauty is not caused. It is.
Emily Dickinson

Jewel
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 6/29/2011 4:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1. How long have you ridden? 12 years
2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? most likely with my bf or alone....
3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? back roads, that have a lot of turns.

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? Experience. Not intimidated either...

6. Are you a sport bike rider or cruiser? Cruiser
7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? good question!

witt1031
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011

Posted 10/17/2011 4:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi, everyone. I am a new member.
1. How long have you ridden? 7 years, I started after age 50...

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? alone for commuting, often with my bf for fun.... I agree that large groups have safety issues.
3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Yes.

4. Do you belong to any Woman's riding organizations? I have in the past, but I do not at this time
5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? Practice, and becoming an MSF instructor, which means a lot more practice...

6. Are you a sport bike rider or cruiser? Yes.
7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? It's another aspect of a life well-lived.

AtvMinibike
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 35

Posted 11/2/2011 4:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Welcome Witt1031! Been riding for 8 years now and started in my mid 30's. Glad to hear from a hot riding Momma like you. To answer your question I ride with a group that's every friday night after work catching up with friends. Ad prefer backroads during a long holiday.

Bikerider
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/14/2011 6:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
1. How long have you ridden? 7 years

2. Do you ride alone or prefer a group? Along with my husband mostly. Sometimes alone

3. Do you prefer back roads, highways, or both? Prefer back roads. Interstates as little as possible

5. What is the one thing that you feel improved your riding ability the most? Just riding, riding and riding. Best experience is the hands on kind and reading opinions of other and accounts of their accidents, etc.

6. Are you a sportbike rider or cruiser? Cruiser.

7. What is the one thing you would like to accomplish the most with your riding? Staying on 2 wheels. I try to watch everything that moves and be prepared. Also have a good distance between me and every other vehicle.