Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > MotoGirls > New girl....bike soon to come  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Nikkim83
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 5

Posted 7/12/2011 10:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello Moto-Peeps! I am new to the forums, and new to riding in general. As a matter of fact, I go in for my motorcycle training class the end of the month, and will be walking away with a license to ride (I hope and pray)!!! I have dated many men that have bikes, so I am all too familiar with being on a bike, its the navigation portion of riding that I am not so familiar with yet. I am looking forward to this more and more each day. I have always wanted a bike, just never had the time or money to actually jump in and go.

In my thought process, I have narrowed down a few options for what I would like to start off with as far as bikes are concerned. 250 is too weak for me, and a cruiser is what my eyes keep going back to. I am thinking I will either jump on a Honda Shadow Spirit, or a VTX. However, going tomorrow to really window shop and then again next weekend. I am sure I will change my mind about a million times, but when the time comes to purchase my bike, I have been told, I will know.

Anyways, I wanted to jump into a forum and get involved with other riders out there to get the most out of anyone willing to give me advice. So please, feel free to throw your thoughts out there for me. I promise I will listen!!

Look forward to talking to you all soon!

-Nichole

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 7/12/2011 11:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Don't decide that a 250 is too weak. Wait until you get to ride one... in the MSF. Most folks don't really understand how much power is enough (or too much). For now (once you pass the class, anyhow) get a used bike. Don't fret over buying someone else's problems. You aren't going to own it for more than 6 months to a year anyhow. Enough to hammer in the newly learned skills. In the mean time you can keep your eyes peeled for your dream bike. It isn't uncommon for folks to realize that the bike they thought they lusted after doesn't work for their actual riding style.

... it sucks to be stuck making payments on a bike you don't like to ride.

P

ATGATT: Because walking away in disgust, beats riding away in an ambulance.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 7/12/2011 12:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nikkim83 said...
Anyways, I wanted to jump into a forum and get involved with other riders out there to get the most out of anyone willing to give me advice.
You do realize that men are forbidden to post in this sub-forum, right ??
Oops.........nono

lionlady
-----Mistress of Novices. -Total miles: 85,000+

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 2759

Posted 7/13/2011 3:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Easy Rider 2 said...
Nikkim83 said...

Anyways, I wanted to jump into a forum and get involved with other riders out there to get the most out of anyone willing to give me advice. You do realize that men are forbidden to post in this sub-forum, right ??
Oops......... nono

I'd say that Nichole is fine posting here.

P

ATGATT: Because walking away in disgust, beats riding away in an ambulance.

Nikkim83
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2011

Posted 7/14/2011 1:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'd sure hope I am okay to post in here considering Nikki is a lady, and by getting involved with other riders, just meant, involved in conversation from the ladies. Sorry should have said that a bit different.

Thanks for the advice. I must say, after posting that, yesterday I went bike shopping and found a bike that I love the feel of and look of. I am going to wait until after the course to specifically spell it out as the one I am getting, but I will throw it out there that I did fall in love with the Yamaha FZ6R. Felt great sitting on it.

I am counting down the days....I am excited.

Whoops, in my excitement I spelled out the name of the bike wrong. Im such a newb!!!

Post Edited (Nikkim83) : 7/19/2011 1:43:10 PM GMT

Nikkim83
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2011

Posted 8/2/2011 6:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just thought I would swing back through and post a picture of my bike. Picked her up a week ago, and got to ride her for the first time on Sunday. I had such a great time. I realized just how much I love being on a bike over the weekend. Anyways....here is a picture, or a few...of her!!!

PS. Went through the course over the weekend, passed and now....have my license.
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
273120_147334268679883_100002099323647_300896_1695684_o.jpg
  190KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 559 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
279916_147384708674839_100002099323647_300947_2361243_o.jpg
  194KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 398 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
277421_147384558674854_100002099323647_300945_1823223_o.jpg
  213KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 217 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
279577_147384288674881_100002099323647_300944_1193667_o.jpg
  182KB (image/jpeg)
This image has been viewed 219 time(s).

Israeli_Boy
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 10

Posted 8/28/2011 3:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That is one beutiful machine.
Enjoy it and most importantly ride safe :).

Bikerider
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/14/2011 7:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Certainly is a good looking bike. Be safe.