Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Events and Rallies > 2010 MUM -Ozark Mountain - Motorcycle USA Meeting Sept. 3-6th  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Momma Hen
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 128

Posted 7/21/2009 8:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Watch a video riding through Arkansas and the Ozark Mountains, compliments of the AR Tourism dept. Hope you will come to meet some of us that chat with each other & ride with each other on this website. 

Little Misery - This route will take us north into Missouri for a little ride through the Mark Twain National Forest and east along 160 then south to Mountain Home, Arkansas where we'll ride PMR and head for Russellville. This also happens to be the longest route too. So it's called 'Little Misery' for a couple of reasons. I'm thinking about running this one on Wednesday. :)

AR-7 north to Harrison
US-65 north to MO-86
MO-86 west to MO-13
MO-13 north to Reeds Spring
MO-248 east to MO-160
MO-160 east to MO-5
MO-5/AR-5 south to Norfolk
AR-341 south to AR-14
AR-14 north to Harriet
AR-27 south to Tilly
AR-16 west to St. Paul
AR-23 south to I-40
I-40 east to Russellville

Push Mountain Road - This route takes us north to the beginning of highway 14 and southeast to Push Mountain Road. PMR has been termed as Arkansas' Tail of the Dragon. I try to find an excuse to run this area everytime I go to Arkansas. PMR alone is worth a trip to Arkansas. We'll also ride a stretch of highway 9 that is simply amazing and a must-do stretch of road for anyone on two-wheels.

AR-7 north to Dover
AR-27 north to Marshall
US-65 north to Harrison
AR-7 north to AR-281
AR-281 north to AR-14
AR-14 south to Big Flat
AR-341 north to AR-5
AR-5 south to Calico Rock
AR-223 north to AR-56
AR-56 east to Brockwell
AR-9 south to Clinton
AR-16 west to AR-27
AR-27 south to Hector
AR-105 south to AR-124
AR-124 south to Russellville

The Pig Trail - This route will take us north into Missouri and west over to the beginning of highway 23. We'll ride 23 from the Missouri/Arkansas border to I-40 where we'll pass through the famous and magical Pig Trail.

AR-7 north to AR-164
AR-164 west to AR-123
AR-123 north to Vendor
AR-74 west to Ponca
AR-43 north to Harrison
AR-7 north to Bergman
AR-281 north to AR-14
AR-14 west to Omaha
US-65 north to MO-86
MO-86 west to MO-P (Turns into AR-23 when crossing the border)
MO-P/AR-23 south to I-40
AR-23 north to AR-215
AR-215 east to AR-21
AR-21 north to AR-16
AR-16 east to AR-7
AR-7 south to Russellville

Talimena Scenic Byway - This route will take us southeast to Mena, the Skyline Cafe and the Talimena Scenic Byway. If you've never ridden the Talimena, this is a good route. We'll be riding it twice. :)

AR-7 south to Jessieville
AR-298 west to Story
AR-27 south to Norman
AR-8 west to Mena
AR-88/OK-1 west to US-271 (This is the Talimena)
OK-1/AR-88 east to Mena
US-71 north to Boles
AR-28 east to Rover
AR-27 north to Danville
AR-10 west to Havana
AR-390 north to Paris
AR-22 east to Dardanelle
AR-7 north to Russellville

Arkansas Highway 7: Arkansas state highway 7 is the spinal column of the Ozarks and the likely route of most tourist traffic through the Hot Springs area and points northward all the way to its end just a few miles from the Missouri border in Diamond City, AR. This road is best traveled during the week with the best sections experienced from just north of Hot Springs in Jessieville all the way north for 160 miles to Diamond City.

Arkansas Highway 16: AR-16 from St. Paul, AR all the way over to Clinton, AR is one of the best roads through the Ozarks. Long sweepers, sharp curves and steep grades are combined with good roads that stretch for 130 miles through the Ozarks. I hate to sound like a recording, but this is a must-do stretch of road while you're in the region. Don't be foolish and not make this

Arkansas Highway 9: There's a stretch of AR-9 that is mezmerizing both in terms of road traveled and scenery. It runs the 25 miles between Melbourne, AR and Mountain View, AR. After running Push Mountain Road, drop down and over to Melbourne and run this stretch of AR-9.

Push Mountain Road: Push Mountain road is known as Arkansas' Dragon. I'm not too sure about that, but I am sure that if you don't run this stretch of road, you will live to regret it and hate yourself when you finally run it sometime in the future. The road itself runs along AR-314 between Big Flat, AR and Norfolk, AR for 25 spectacular miles of twists, climbs and decents. Don't miss it. Note that in some mapping software I've seen the road designated as AR-77 or AR-79, but the signage along the highway indicates AR-314.

Sit back & enjoy the ride. 

Hope to see some of you Sept. 3-6th, 2010 at Franklin, AR where the Motorcycle USA meeting will be taking place.  MUM 2010 will NOT be at Russelville, AR... it will be in Franklin, AR. 

Got questions... post them here or in the General Motorcycle Chat on the 2010 MUM (Motorcycle USA Meeting) thread.
MH

Old deputy dawg
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 21

Posted 6/14/2010 11:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was hoping to make the trip but my job may keep me from it.  If i don't make it, I hope all of you will have a great time.jumpin

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 6/15/2010 4:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's too bad. There is still a lot of time to plan the trip. There is FREE camping and $15 per person per night bunkhouse beds(limited number) available at the gathering/rally location. For rent is a Motel/hotel close and 5 star Resort close. (within 5 mile) Local diner is 1 mile from location. Food and prepared meals available to purchase at the gathering location. The actual gathering location is on an 80 acre ranch in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains by Franklin, Arkansas. Activities to include: A trip to enjoy the folk music of the Ozarks in Mountain View. An Arkansas Gap ride... which you can do every day if you want. An Arkansas Grand Canyon ride with a lunch stop in the historic Jasper... if lucky, we'll see the elk along the river. Bon-fire with campfire stories in the evening, fresh free range ranch eggs for breakfast cowboy style, a ride to a designated historic lunch location, back to the ranch for a dip in the Japanese hot tub or cold tub (depending on temp) before the bon-fire and campfire stories start again.

Hope some of you come and join in the fun.
Momma Hen

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/19/2010 11:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmmm ....

Back from 3 months in Europe and no replies here. Where are the pioneering MC-USA riders/bikers from last year that attended this MUM last year? Cause that's what it is, a MC-USA Meeting, now at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas.

RedDog

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 7/22/2010 10:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RedDog said...
Hmmm ....

Back from 3 months in Europe and no replies here. Where are the pioneering MC-USA riders/bikers from last year that attended this MUM last year? Cause that's what it is, a MC-USA Meeting, now at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas.

Turns out I can't make it after all...but perhaps you should post this in General as you did last year...get more replies that way.

Some awfully nice rides you all have planned out.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/22/2010 12:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We'll be here no matter how many comes.

RedDog

PeeWee
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2006
Total Posts : 19

Posted 8/13/2010 8:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmmm... where is everyone. Lots of good riding just waiting for you, any of you to come. Anyone wanting a bed in the bunkhouse, please do take contact by email.

PeeWee
Ride Safe & Have Fun!

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 9/4/2010 8:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't see anyone out here this morning, except for 7 deer munching on some peaches.

RedDog

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 9/4/2010 6:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RedDog said...
I don't see anyone out here this morning, except for 7 deer munching on some peaches.

sorry to hear RD. people that said they are in initially should really try to make an effort to be there given the effort you and Momma Hen have put out to set up the event. hopefully not everyone that said they were in initially are flakes since there's still a few days left for the event. don't know about you but i'm not a big fan of flakers since i've dealt with a few myself in regards to motorcycle runs.

anyways, enjoy what you can and do a ride report with photos of the MUM event if you can. thanks!

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 9/5/2010 8:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Jon, not much to report. I have had a contact with some and something came in the way for many. On the other hand, we didn't market hard either, it was never meant too though all that want to come from MC USA are welcome. It has been in the 100s here and we finally got a break.

Riders are coming in here to the ranch several times a year especially from WI, MO, TN and OK. So there will be more opportunities. For the first time in 9 years, me and Momma Hen has been just hanging out and enjoyed Labor Day weekend, fishing, swimming, bonfire. It's been relaxing.

RedDog