Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Events and Rallies > MY EVENTS WERE REMOVED  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

BREWHEAD
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 29

Posted 3/3/2011 10:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Can anyone explain why details about the Myrtle Beach Bike Week concert at Broadway Louie's and the Triple S Stage at Mountainfest were removed?

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 3/3/2011 12:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
From what I can see in the logs, they were seen as spam and deleted. There are times when users are exclusively posting things promoting their own sites but don't contribute on the site any where else; at that point the posts have a chance at being deleted. Unless you've discussed something with one of our sites editors or marketing department.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

BREWHEAD
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 29

Posted 3/4/2011 2:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich is there anything you can do? If not feel free to remove this entire post and maybe I just won't include a image with the post and see if that works

ROCK ON!

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 3/4/2011 2:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BREWHEAD said...
Rich is there anything you can do? If not feel free to remove this entire post and maybe I just won't include a image with the post and see if that works
He explained two things that will "work".

1) Contribute something that is not self-serving to the site.
2) Ask permission, in a private communication, to post some crass commercial "flyers".

If you chose to do neither, I don't feel too sorry for you.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 3/4/2011 3:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BREWHEAD said...

ROCK ON!
Easyrider is on the ball with this one. If users are going to promote their event or business they either need to contact our advertising department or have some sort of agreement with an editor. Beyond either one of those options a user would have to participate in the forums more than just posting their item or responding to a post in their own thread.

If you choose not to do any of these things you're still welcome to post your information but run the risk of it being deleted. shakehead

Nothing against you or your information but just rules we had to set in place to keep from being over run with solicitors and promoters.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com