Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Eating Humble Pie...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

OldCoot
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/2/2010 6:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I had some problems with my Tourmaster Synergy Jacket and complained about Tourmaster's customer service. They didn't answer my emails or call me. Whine, whine.

But they did something better. Much better. They sent me a brand new jacket!!!

Thank you guys!!!

smilewinkgrin smilewinkgrin smilewinkgrin smilewinkgrin smilewinkgrin smilewinkgrin

2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

thunderhousecycles
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 18

Posted 11/6/2010 12:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Did you get the jacket directly from them? or a dealer? If you got it from the dealer they should be able to help you out with the problems your having.

OldCoot
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2010
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/6/2010 1:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Actually, the motorcycle dealer where I bought it went out of business. (It was Cape Fear BMW in Wilmington, NC.) Someone on another forum told me how to contact Tourmaster directly, so I did, and they sent me a whole new Synergy jacket liner -- FREE!

Very cool.

2008 Black Suzuki Boulevard S50

mtnbikerusa
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 3

Posted 12/19/2010 6:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My buddy bought a Tourmaster/Synergy heated jacket from Coleman Powersports and the lied to him about what it would do at what set up he could do as far as heat adjustment, gloves, etc.
He bought the Gerbing from another store. We will see how he likes it. I have the Warm and Safe/First Gear and so far I like it.
I have had some Very bad experiences with Coleman also. Both of us refuse to shop there any longer! We have since spent thousands of dollars in gear and bought other motorcycles at Valley Cycles, Manassas Honda. We have also spent some at 2 other local shops. Because the other shops have treated us well we will continue to support them. We will also continue to tell people how bad and what the bad companies have done to us.
We both strongly believe in supporting our local store when possible. We want to continue to have local choices VS internet/phone only!
I have also had very bad experience with BMW and their dealers also. I am now in the process of going through the BBB, Consumer Protection Agency and if those two do not work, I will sue them.
I think finding at least one good local dealer is VERY important because they will take care of you properly. I know some people do not have a choice or a good choice of a good local dealer though.
I am fortunate to have 6 dealers within a hour drive.
Another problem with BMW is that the dealers are so dang far to go to! I waste a whole day just going to and from. Another big problem I have experienced is with BMW dealers they call and say the motorcycle is ready and it is NOT! I do not know if you can imagine how pissed off this makes me and my friends that have wasted our time effort and money. BMW Motorrad does not care and they have lied to me about compensation for the hassle and money they have us.
I also see Tourmaster sent you a new jacket. How is it going/working?
Merry Christmas!

Be careful when buying a BMW!!
If you must buy one ONLY buy from a VERY good dealer that will take care of you. IF you can find one!!!!!

Post Edited (mtnbikerusa) : 12/19/2010 2:17:11 PM GMT

Deacon Blues
The Imaginary Director

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2946

Posted 9/30/2011 3:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In regards to dealers ... it's better to find/join a local (or internet!) enthusiast group for whatever brand of bike you have, and then find reputable mechanics thru the group.

Dealers are out to make money. Which means you pay thru the nose for service, parts, AND you may not get things done right, cos their guys are cutting corners to save costs.

If you should find a dealership that breaks the trend? Stick with them, buy from them, keep them in business, because they will undoubtedly go under when forced to compete with the unscrupulous types!

"Lane splitting will never be accepted in those areas where driving is considered a martial art."