Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Anyone try a Motorized License Plate Hide Kit?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

BoostedR1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 2/9/2011 11:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
One of my friends down from FL just told me about them and I thought it was cool. I found a few on google just not sure if its worth the money.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 2/10/2011 4:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What's cool about them?

Børk! Børk! Børk!

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 2/11/2011 12:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have only seen one by the head mechinic at a shop.  This was his own design for the flat positioned LP would lift up so no one could recognize it, if they wanted to report him.  ALSO he had a red signal light on the switch telling him the LP was STILL up.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 2/11/2011 3:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Where I live you would get busted for using one. And anyway you would get caught on camera sooner or later and the fuzz would get you that way, unless you plan on changing you and your bikes appearance frequently.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1926

Posted 2/12/2011 8:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hiding my licence plate would not mark well if someone on a bike blew all the laws and I get the blame. Not to worry mr. squid the law knows me well and I have no need to hide my plate.

Asphalt the greatest tattoo remover.

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 2/13/2011 9:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'd rather use it to release spiked jacks to flatten the tires of those idiots who tailgate me.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people"

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 2/14/2011 4:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BoostedR1 said...
One of my friends down from FL just told me about them and I thought it was cool. I found a few on google just not sure if its worth the money.
This new member's other 3 posts seem to have disappeared.
I wonder why ???

I strongly suspect that device is illegal in all 50 states.........and under some circumstances might get your ride impounded.

Does your handle mean that your "boosted" R1 is stolen ??  rolleyes

techx4
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 7/12/2011 9:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I, personally, try to take every precaution necessary to avoid being opened in the public. Even for something as little as a license plate number can go a long way. If you accidentally cut someone off or see that you may pass a red light accidently, why not protect your plate number, even for a quick second. I purchased an undercover plate to make that easier. ( www.undercoverplate.com )
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it is worth it for me to protect my identity if I accidently made someone mad on the road. what if that person has road rage or has a revengeful mindset. Never know these days.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/12/2011 10:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Who are you trying to kid tech x4? Give me a break,oops I blew a red light? come on man,nobody here is that stupid. The only reason you need to hide your plate is because you were doing something illegal. If a cop sees a plate fold up or pulls you with your plate up, more than likely bike impounded. Thats what your liscense plate is for,so when you do something stupid like cut someone off and cause an accident,people can write down your plate # and the authorites can deal with you. Not fooling anybody with your troll/spam post. Ride responsibly and you dont need a plate flipper.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Deacon Blues
The Imaginary Director

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2946

Posted 9/30/2011 3:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
About the only reason I'd want to obscure a plate, would be when the vehicle is PARKED. This would be to keep potential scam artists/thieves from researching the vehicle with a telephoto lens (yes you could possibly see the VIN from far away, but it's a lot harder).

They make a plate cover that is designed expressly for this purpose - when the vehicle is running (or just has power on), the plate is visible. Turn the ignition off, and the plate cover turns white and obscures the plate.

And yes, hooking in a cutoff switch would be ILLEGAL for this application. Just as a plate-hider mechanism is ILLEGAL when operated on public roads/streets.

"Lane splitting will never be accepted in those areas where driving is considered a martial art."