Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Motorcycle Superstore SUCKS!!!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
28 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

jhog1978
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 5/6/2011 8:55 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mad

So, I bought a Chatterbox XBi (which, by the way, ALSO sucks!) from Motorcycle Superstore (MS). I tried it out, and the volume (at max. volume for all components) for bluetoothing radio to headset (as it advertised that it could do) was so low I couldn't hear it when riding (could barely hear it when wearing the it inside my house!).

I called the Chatterbox people and dealt with them for about a week, and they said that there was nothing they could do, that the unit just didn't have sufficient volume (apparently they get this complaint a lot). They said to return the unit to MS for a refund. I contacted MS, got an return authorization (within the 60 refund policy date), and returned the item for a refund, as directed.

A week after they received it, I STILL hadn't gotten my refund, so I called MS, and they said that they had sent the unit back to the manufacturer, and that it would take up to EIGHT WEEKS to determine whether or not they were going to refund my money.

WTF?!?!?

Now they have my Chatterbox, my money, and my anger. I will NEVER deal with these scumbags again.

THEY SUCK!!!

mad

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 5/6/2011 10:08 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Never had any issues with the Superstore.

Perhaps the unit was not returned in perfect condition with all the original packaging??

Their return policy can be found here:

www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1002/MNGR/Returns-Info.aspx

Post Edited (GAJ) : 5/6/2011 6:11:10 PM GMT

MDGeorge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 856

Posted 5/11/2011 4:38 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think Motorcycle Superstoer is really good.
They always price match, No argument about returning something, Always open for phone order, and the web site works well.

Your first post is to bitch about the store. I think that is called "troll"... not sure.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 5/11/2011 6:47 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
MDGeorge said...

Your first post is to bitch about the store. I think that is called "troll"... not sure.

I doubt that he will listen to what we have to say because............
It's not likely that he was listening to what THEY were saying either.
It is possible that this is the policy of Chatterbox and not MSS.

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 5/11/2011 11:44 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been involved in many commercial disputes, both as an arbitrator and a consumer advocate. Without BOTH sides of the story it is impossible to make a fair judgement.

Some customers can bring you to tears w/ their stories. Then when the investigation get further the whole thing can take a complete turnaround.

The OP was venting... we will probably never know whether it was righteous or not.

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 5/11/2011 5:47 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Enuff said...
Some customers can bring you to tears w/ their stories. Then when the investigation get further the whole thing can take a complete turnaround.
In my experience, the intensity of indignation seems to correspond directly to the tendency to leave out important details........usually about one's own conduct in the matter.  rolleyes

Well Enuff

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 5/12/2011 7:39 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ER, would you like to work for me?

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 5/13/2011 3:40 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Enuff said...

Doing what ??

Incase you haven't noticed...........

Since I'm now retired, it kind of dawned on me that I really don't give a rats ass what anybody thinks SO.........now I find it rather fun to give the assholes of the world a BIG ration of crap whenever I get the chance.

I took a part time job as a security guard at an entertainment venue.

I'm loving it.  Makes me feel good to help people that need it......and to kick ass for those few who need that. :p

Well Enuff

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 5/13/2011 8:27 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Easy Rider 2 said...
Well Enuff said...

Doing what ??

Incase you haven't noticed...........

Since I'm now retired, it kind of dawned on me that I really don't give a rats ass what anybody thinks SO.........now I find it rather fun to give the assholes of the world a BIG ration of crap whenever I get the chance.

I took a part time job as a security guard at an entertainment venue.

I'm loving it.  Makes me feel good to help people that need it......and to kick ass for those few who need that. :p

Dang, ER. We got the same job! I retired in 2004 and worked security at the race track just because I like fast wheels. The KA part is fun, too. Although I have to admit the the Road America crowd is pretty sedate on the day shift. It's campers that give you fits at night. I stopped working there when they increased the shift lengths to 10+ hours. Now I am a volunteer. I work at the PD and teach shooting. Do work at the theater, too.

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 5/14/2011 7:17 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well Enuff said...
Dang, ER. We got the same job!
It's a small world after all.............smilewinkgrin

kschilk
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 15

Posted 5/14/2011 9:58 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've dealt alot with MC Superstore and never had any problems. Only once, did I have a problem with my order. I'd ordered a new rear tire for my full-sized dirt bike but instead of an 18 inch tire, I received a 12 inch pitbike tire. I was also only charged for the cheaper 14 inch tire. I called and told them of the error but asked them to simply send the tire I'd originally ordered and charge it to my account. I explained that I would keep and pay for both tires, since I also have a pitbike and actually needed a new tire for it, too. I'd planned to buy both, anyway but since they're not real cheap, I was going to get the pitbike tire later...just to spread it out a bit. I received my 18 inch a few days later but the bill read "NO CHARGE"...not even for shipping! smile Under the circumstances and considering that I got over $200 worth of rubber for about $70, I thought they were most generous. Also, in a case like this where it is a mfgr defect, it's possible that your refund may have to come directly from the mfgr and not from MC Superstore. I've run into this a few times before, mostly with electronic gear.

Well Enuff

Date Joined Jul 2006

Posted 5/15/2011 7:53 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

kschilk, that is the kind of story that will keep me coming back to the super store. Thanx for sharing.

--- btw, last year in March you were laid up w/ and injury. Are you fully recovered now?

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 5/17/2011 3:49 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No issues buying stuff from mo-superstore. Would not hesitate to use them again.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

kschilk
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2008
Total Posts : 15

Posted 5/17/2011 7:17 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Yeah, pretty much over that one but on the 4th of July, I took a nasty trip over the bars...broke my left collarbone and right thumb. I was back out riding by early September (my wife still isn't speaking to me). I should probably take it a li'l easier this year but...rolleyes ...figure the odds.

Well Enuff said...

kschilk, that is the kind of story that will keep me coming back to the super store. Thanx for sharing.

--- btw, last year in March you were laid up w/ and injury. Are you fully recovered now?

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 5/18/2011 5:41 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
kschilk said...
 I should probably take it a li'l easier this year but...rolleyes ...figure the odds.
In this case, like many things in life, you really MAKE your own odds with the choices you make.

I hope you will reconsider and actually DO take it a little easier........so that you don't take somebody else out with you the next time you crash. 

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 6/18/2011 10:43 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I have purchased from the superstore several times and things went smooth. Recently I made an order and things did not go so well.  I used the website to order a OEM style brake lever and a OEM stlye throttle sleeve and a few other non bike specific items.  I specified my bike then shopped for the parts like have done several time in the past.  When the stuff arrived the brake lever was for a different bike than mine, and the throttle sleeve was for a completely different bike than that.  They were all "Honda" variations but were not for mine.   I called customer service and long story short, they indicated that it was my fault and that thier computer system did not error and I would have to pay $6.99 for the return shipping label.  BS.. If I put in a different bike when I went into thier site, as they stated, how did I get parts on the same order for 2 different honda bikes?  Not an overlap in parts compatibility, one part is for a 2004-2010 CRF250-450 and the other part is for a 2004-2008 CRF80-100...  My bike is a 2004 CR250.  Something got messed up during the web order process and they would not even consider it could be an issue with the website. So I am out $6.99 for the return shipping, and if I re-ordered the correct parts, I would have to pay shipping since the "new order" was less than $100 even though my original order had free shipping because it was over $100.  Besides the $$ issue, and the snotty customer service rep, I cant go riding this weekend! 

Motorcycle superstore sucks!

kamo
1100 Honda saber

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 2061

Posted 7/16/2011 11:49 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I noticed the only 2 neg. post have 1 post each. hmmmmmmmmm

Kamo 07 1100 Honda Saber Candy Black Cherry. East Alabama If you need a smile, just turn the key and ride!

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 7/16/2011 6:14 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hmmmmm? Is there something weird about that?

With post like that no wonder your count is up rolleyes

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 7/17/2011 6:00 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mike12345 said...
Hmmmmm? Is there something weird about that?

With post like that no wonder your count is up rolleyes
As only your SECOND post here........
With posts like that, your count may never get over 5 !!!! nono

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 7/17/2011 9:01 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Like the original poster, I was trying to get to word out to other riders about getting burnt by MS.  So here you have 2 seperate 1 post count riders posting on the forum about thier bad experience with the same company and rather than considering that the company is not perfect you and others choose to put the blame on the consumer.      

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 7/17/2011 9:07 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Easy Rider 2 said...
As only your SECOND post here........
With posts like that, your count may never get over 5 !!!! nono

And what do you mean by that?  If I don't have a high post count, my opinion is not able to be expressed or posted here?  Is there a forum rule about me getting banned for that or was that a personal threat?  nono

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 7/17/2011 9:32 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Related to the topic
http://www.google.com/search?q=motorcycle+superstore+sucks&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=

mike12345
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011

Posted 7/17/2011 9:49 AM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
yeah POST COUNT 6 yeah  

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 7/17/2011 1:49 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
mike12345 said...
 Is there a forum rule about me getting banned for that or was that a personal threat?  nono
I can't make threats here as I have no authority.

Posts like I was referring to are personal insults, arguementative and add nothing useful to the discussion.
If you continue to make posts with those characteristics, others will kick your butt......and they do have the power to make it stick.

I was trying to give you a gentle hint to tone it down a bit.

AND......the point about the single post topics IS...........
Every company in the world ends up with customers who have a bad experience.  If your sales numbers are high enough, it has to happen sometime regardlesss of how hard you try to prevent it.

The available evidence says that when someone posts a rant about a company with an othewise good rep, that HE was a major contributing factor in creating the problem in the first place.  It also could just be bad luck.  The fact that nobody jumped in and said "hell yes" tends to indicate that it was an isolated incident and not an indication of a "bad" place for others to do business.

I hope you feel better after getting it off your chest but it doesn't appear that much of anybody agrees.
I suggest that you let it drop........or you may have a bad experience here too.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/17/2011 2:34 PM (GMT -8)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As a rule I never order anything unless Im getting free shipping. Sorry moto usa,but if its under a 100 quid,Im going to my local store,especially if its a throttle sleeve.
 I havent had any problems ordering from anyone,could be luck.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125