Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Pirelli Angel Sport Touring  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/25/2011 10:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So after a streak of using Pirelli Diablo Strada, they have come to an end, both used up and being replaced by Pirelli Ange Sport Touring. The consumer's rating is high on these new tires and so is MC-USA's test of them even though a direct comparo was available:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/402/4716/Motorcycle-Article/Pirelli-Angel-ST-Tire-Review.aspx

I loved the Stradas giving me enough performance and still lasted roughly 50% longer than all the pure sport bike tires I have used through the years.

Any (changed from Amy, since El Sid does not know her) takers here? jumpin

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Post Edited (RedDog) : 7/25/2011 7:23:53 PM GMT

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/25/2011 10:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
LOL whos amy? I havent tried them yet rd but,Im thinking of heading out to tennessee and might just put them on the vfr before I go. Cant imagine they are a bad tire,and they seem to get good reviews,as you mentioned.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/25/2011 12:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You don't know Amy, El? My God, then you need to! LOL!

Tell us when you are heading out for TN, you never know, Amy and we may be over there besides some real good people on this site like Susan and Rob.

RedDog

Post Edited (RedDog) : 7/25/2011 7:25:50 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/25/2011 2:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Will do rd. Im thinking about leaving august 18th thursday and then arriving in chattanoga sometime during the weekend. Then stay down there till around wednesday the 24th,and ride up to motogp races in indy and stay for the weekend and go home monday. But I have a massive project for work to finish first,so Im in limbo.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/25/2011 3:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey, I can help you out with saving moneys and time: Find a TV for the Moto GP - or - subscribe for MotoGP that weekend.

Thus, you will save lots of money (min$500.00), and save time to explore the back roads of the Deal's Gap, the Snake, Devil's Triangle, etc.

This is what MotorCyclist concluded:

"We'll be able to tell you more about how well the Angels stick to dry pavement and how long they last once we spoon a set onto a long-term testbike. For the moment, it's safe to say they're a giant step ahead of the old Diablo Stradas for about the same price. If fast, aggressive track days are a big slice of your particular pie, there are probably better choices at the local purveyor of fine motorcycling rubber. If you expect one set of tires to handle just about anything else, put Pirelli's Angels on your short-list."

RedDog

Post Edited (RedDog) : 7/26/2011 12:23:55 AM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/25/2011 7:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah I know rd but Colin and Owen see the motogp race as dudes only weekend in the fastest place on earth, with the fastest bikes on earth, with thier heros riding them. So,yeah no dice on skipping that. My buddy wants to bring his bike so hes going to drive down with dudes and meet me there. We have a good time,seeing the dudes faces in shock at the speed is awesome.
On the tires Im going to try them for that trip,worst that could happen is I dont like them and I can change them over winter. Tires I have are just to the point where they are a touch flat through the center,its flat here bro,so in the interest of a nice transition from upright to lean,fresh rubber hoops.
I have a good amount of time,Im just blitzing I 75 down to Cincinnati and once in Kentucky,its alot of 2 lane. Im only staying in chattanoga one night. I have family all over N.C.,S.C.,TN&GA. So once I get to the mountians my options become entertaining. I can make indy in one day from chattanoga if I had too. Looking forward to it.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/26/2011 6:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nice to have friends/family in territories with great riding! We too have friends over there, even a key to a brand new home! We love it.

You know, tracks are different and one important aspect is what do you see? Even with huge monitors (Miller) it did not help much, Daytona sucks and Indy is somewhat better. I love shooting my own shots, a need to get close. I love Road America.

But a gathering of good MC friends around a big screen TV, some feed, some beer ---> Priceless (also price-less).

RedDog

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 7/26/2011 7:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
One day when I get a standard or ST type bike (or decide to do more touring type riding on the current bike at that time) I'll look into sport touring tires. Honestly I can my current tires (great bang for the buck) - Dunlop Q2 - for <$200/set, which is an absolute steal.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/27/2011 9:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I hear you -

But, like I have wined about before, is these roads we have down here, is like the roughest sand paper and the hassle of having to change rear tires after some few 1,500 miles +/- is too much. Thus, I am running/searching for the best ST tires.

I have been very happy with the Strada, now replaced by Angel. Sounds like they would fly, but the urge for finding some serious tests, is always there - and someone's actual road experience.

RedDog

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 7/27/2011 10:48 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RD, if you have doubts because of the lack of serious tests on the Angel, you could always go with the Michelin Pilot Road 2's. I had a set on the Z and they were great. Tests have been done on those and alot of people on another board swear by them. Just a thought.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"