Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Kawasaki customer service SUX BIG TIME!!!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

BadNomad
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/9/2011 4:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
First, they won't respond for months. Then when they do it's only to insult you! The funny thing is it's this way by design. Complaints to Kawasaki corporate fall on deaf ears. Supervisors are selected from a group of snakes to train more snakes. The good thing that came out of this is I'm now the proud owner of a Harley Davidson Road King. What a nice bike. Thanks to the lack of customer service from Kawasaki I'm now riding one of the nicest motorcycles I've ever owned. Had it not been for Nathan and Rick I'd still be riding my POS (Piece Of s**t) kawasaki. I've put a lot of trouble-free miles on Yamaha's & Honda's. Then I buy my first Kawasaki and am warned by several other motorcycle enthusiast that I should get the extended warranty. That was a good thing for awhile. The big V-twin vulcan's have several design flaws. The 05-06 have a 150 series tire on the front and Kawasaki did nothing to beef up the triple tree = hammered triple tree bearings that are not cheap to replace. Shift shaft lever seals leak and need to be replaced about every 25,000 miles... that's every 10 months for me. I've had three different motorcycles (Yamaha 650 Maxim, Honda 750 Shadow & 1100 Shadow) that I commuted on for about 5years & 150,000 miles each and each of these motorcycles were still running reliably when I sold them. The kawasaki it is sad to say is headed for the bone yard. The only way I can respond to the lack of service that I received from Kawasaki customer service is to share this experience with everyone that I can. Thanks to Rick and Nathan I'll never purchase another Kawasaki again!!!

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 8/9/2011 6:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BadNomad said...

Thanks to Rick and Nathan I'll never purchase another Kawasaki again!!!
And thanks to YOU for coming here for the sole purpose of venting.  nono

Do you feel better now ??

I doubt it.

My bet is that you won't win any "customer of the year" awards either..  rolleyes

Been there, done that, seen it ALL.  Big yawn.  :p

BadNomad
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/10/2011 7:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
And my guess is that you are the customer service rep for kawasuki? Get lost creep!

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 8/10/2011 9:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BadNomad said...
And my guess is that you are the customer service rep for kawasuki?

And you would be wrong about that too.

Aside from owning ONE during my lifetime, which I was perfectly happy with, I have no ties to Kawasaki.

I have, however, had to deal with a LOT of people with an attitude problem, and it sounds like you would be a poster boy.

Get over it.  Move on.  You will live longer and happier if you let it go.

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 8/11/2011 2:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you telling me that your 150,000 mile bikes never had anything go wrong? And do you expect that your Harley is going to be a paragon of reliability? You may be disappointed. Motor vehicles are machines and machines sometimes have issues, you have to expect it.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 8/11/2011 3:56 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got a heads up for you then,your king is going to need valve tensioners before 30k,and that's not cheap either. The ones you have are plastic and will fail. Get the s&s gear driven cam deal,when its time,way more reliable. Just letting you know. As far as Kawasaki goes,What exactly was the problem? You never described it? If its just front bearings give me a break. Your shift shaft seal leaked? just wait,you are going to be pulling your hair out with the Harley. Sounds like you dont like maintenance and the bills that go with ownership of a motorcycle to me.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 8/11/2011 1:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I have heard that Kawi's customer service wasn't to good either and warning people is fine. Warning them about the customer service that is. I too have owned Honda, Kawi and Suzuki. Never had a problem with any of them. In fact my first bike was a 1981 Kawi 750 LTD. I bought it in the late 90's and it still ran like a champ. If I was posting a warning to people on a MC board, it would have been a little different.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 8/11/2011 3:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Bullet said...

If I was posting a warning to people on a MC board, it would have been a little different.  

NO, really ????  :p

lol lol

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 8/11/2011 9:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
25k miles in 10 months? That's a lot of hard riding. I'm guessing you had a 1600cc Nomad, shaft drive. Your the first one that I know of with a complaint with a dead reliable bike. The Road King is a very good machine. Your not getting some peer pressure from your riding buds are you? Your only free to ride if you ride what is your choice.  

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.