Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Pirelli Angels.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 8/23/2011 6:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well, they are installed and on. Hung the hoops last nite with my little dudes. I was supposed to be touring the country right now but, just wasnt in the cards. I didnt realize how much new rubber makes a difference. My old tires (Pilots) werent flat spotted but werent exactly round either. Just in the 50 or so miles I did early this a.m. the difference is pretty big. They ride well,never really got a chance to push them as it was early,deer were everywhere,and people were starting to head to work. But on the cage blenders,(round abouts) they turned in well,and felt sticky. The look is well,corny to be honest....yes thats a headless angel scipped into the tire....rolleyes
But if they last I dont care. The ride of the bike feels better,but any new tire should improve the ride over old hoops. Going to try to rack up some miles around the Isle of Dan.(a select group of roads that actually have curves around metro detroit,a real oddity round here,guy named Dan figured out a nice route through them,hence the name.) Let ya all know how it goes. Side note,I had a bit of a problem getting the bead to set,more than likely me than the tire. $120 for the front $150 for the rear,the tires were taped up tight,so the sidewall was sorta flexed in ,bummer cause from what I had read,they were supposed to be an easy fit. Nothing the old bead blaster couldnt fix. Cool thing is I now can wear my Pirelli hat with pride.lol 

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/24/2011 4:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well they got some work in the rain last nite. I ws sitting on the couch when one of the kids exclaimed aww man its raining. I sprang from my seat,grabbed gear and was out the door. They worked well,felt better than the pilots again so,Im happy. Need new wet gloves though,its time,fall is on its way and the old fall/water gloves are no longer waterproof or comfortable. Does anyone have the Spidi Sport Alu-tech h2 out gloves? Kinda interested in them. I was looking at the Tourmaster Coldtex gloves but they look bulky and more like my snowboard gloves than anything else. Roads are dry today and wife gets off early,so I can get outta the metro area and get some miles in. I have to say that while Im not on a real vacation,hangin out with the kiddies during the day is fun.   

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 8/24/2011 8:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I just got my rear Angel too. I think the pattern is weird as well but with this 4.5-5 out of 5 ranking - it can't be bad.

Thanks for posting details, wear and tear, feel and performance. I have a Corsa III up front which was a great combo with the old Strada rear. I got some 3,000+ miles from them and do expect the same. Bear in mind that the asphalt down here is what they call chip'n seal and that is very, very rough on tires though it sticks.

No time for riding now, we're having classes MAST and MSF, but as soon as I get out there, we can compare notes.

Have fun with your Angels!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 8/24/2011 8:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Don't worry, the angel etchings won't last long :p

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 9/8/2011 5:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well,I have been in the cold wet rain,really windy as well. Tires performed real well. This evening went out as it stopped raining and a damp to dry road came out. worked well there too. However it was hot last friday,100 degrees,and with added weight and a 3lb extra to the tires,they felt squirmy. Never really got a chance to push them as it was a holiday and staying alive was foremost. Do you guys think 3lbs would be the reason for that? Still within manufactures specs. The added weight of the luggage? Soapster,faces are wearing quickly,real happy....

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 9/8/2011 5:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Let a little air out and see how they feel. How many miles do you have on them? I had to put about 200 miles on my Road 2's before they felt good and even then I took it easy in the canyons until I was sure.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 9/8/2011 5:41 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I dropped the pressures back once the luggage was gone and all is well,in the rain. Ive got right around 300 now since the change,I was at around 150 in the heat. Really hope it goes away and it was new skins and hot temps.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 9/9/2011 3:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was in Southgate, MI last Friday and that was nasty hot. It's been years since I felt humidity like that. That could have had something to do with it. Also being at 150 miles. Hopefully this rain stops and you can put some more miles on the tires and get a good feel for them.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 9/9/2011 4:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah bullet that was 2nd or third time this year it was hot like that. Still,I havent felt it like that in years either. I see dry pavement out the window right now. Saturday we are having twin boys and twin girls b days so limited riding until sunday. But sunday its on like donkey kong. My son Owen just called me from his saftey patrol spot for school, beggin for a vfr pick up this afternoon. Had to say no as he forgot his leather. Sunday however me and my riding buddy are taking Owen and Colin for a Isle of Dan run. I should be cleaning the house today,but I think I might take an hour for a Isle of Dan run alone,see what these babies will do. Temps right on the money for me.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 6:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok I've loaded up some miles now in varying weathers,good tires,borderline great. I like them,best Ive ever had in the way of a sporty tour tire.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/31/2011 5:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well the Angels,were watching over me on Sunday. Pulled me out of a tight fix I put myself in. See the thread started by andy named "low temps high side me", for the full read,and some really good tips all around. However, I really am fairly impressed, good grip, good wear. I have been riding diligently and racked up 2800 miles on them. Saved my arse, I think, the other day, I would rate them on an 8.5 outta ten,so far.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/3/2012 8:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for the update. 2,800 miles - and the wear?

If I get 2,800 on mine, I would be very happy. Down here in AR, I am happy to get over 2,000, over 3,000 if I ride outside of AR.

RedDog

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 1/3/2012 2:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thet are around 3k old rd. I would say another 1500 to 2k or so and roached. Thats about normal for my bike and style.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/3/2012 4:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
OK then. We focused on doing what we should have done the last 10 years on the ranch and very little riding was done last year, but that
I intend to change. Thus my Angels are still fresh.

RedDog