Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Shorai Batteries  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

EdbearNZ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1190

Posted 8/30/2011 10:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am now the sole distributor for Shorai products in New Zealand and am actively looking for dealers and accessory stores to stock them here. I've been importing and selling them for about three months now and the reception has been amazing and they are now starting to take off as word spreads.

I have ahd very few issues, two appear to be duds but I'll, have ti return them to Shorai for testing before confirming that, and I've found that recommending the higher amperage of the two recommended as per the website, saves any questions about slow starting in the cold.

It appears that Shorai are having real difficulties meeting demand just for the US market, so my next order will be a huge one! I had to double my current order while waiting for it to be shipped out!

I'd be interested in hearing everyone's experiences with the batteries as the more I know about them the better able I will be to handle the marketing and distribution here.

My job is so secret if I ever find out what I'm doing I have to kill myself...

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 8/31/2011 12:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My next battery will be a Shorai.

On the F800ST it will knock like 7lbs off the weight which on most bikes wouldn't be noticeable but as the battery on the F800 is in the normal gas tank location up by the steering head it might improve flickability.

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/31/2011 1:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Good to hear from Ya EdBear :-)

Focus the forces, Be The Force

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 8/31/2011 3:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
EdbearNZ said...
I am now the sole distributor for Shorai products in New Zealand ...
good to know there's another option out there.

EdbearNZ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1190

Posted 8/31/2011 3:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...
Good to hear from Ya EdBear :-)

Hi matey!

I've been out of the loop for a while as I've been busy with recovery and building the business. I've been popping in from time to time just to peek at the site but haven't posted for a while.

I have my 6mth appointment with my surgeon next Wed. 7th so hopefullly everything is fine and I can get on with rebuilding my life. :-)

My job is so secret if I ever find out what I'm doing I have to kill myself...