Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Tires and rims  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Cityboy09
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 11/3/2011 12:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thinking aboutt changing my 2012 HD StreetGlide front tire from the stock to a 19 or 21 inch- undecided. Just looking for feedback as to if these will ruin the ride.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 11/3/2011 8:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cityboy09 said...
Thinking aboutt changing my 2012 HD StreetGlide front tire from the stock to a 19 or 21 inch- undecided. Just looking for feedback as to if these will ruin the ride.
StreetGlide pretty much equals a land yacht.

Why would you want to mess with the front tire size ??.......or much of anything else, for that matter.

I can't see anything good coming from it.  Where do you figure on getting a wheel that will fit properly ??
You do know that you can't just change the tire size without changing the rim, right ??

I suggest that if you want to have a customized "street rod", then get a different bike to tinker with.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 11/3/2011 11:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It will shift weight a bit further rearward resulting in less front end feel and vague turn in would be my guess...but most cruiser riders would likely not notice as this is a change for appearance only.

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346