Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Product Reviews > Best Scorpion Helmet?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Dismantled.Repaired.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 11/24/2011 12:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm a new rider, I'm going to buy a bike over Christmas break. I've been looking around at a lot of helmets and I think I've narrowed my search down to a Scorpion. My problem is this: I don't know the differences between all the Scorpion models, and which one would be the best to get. Can anyone tell me the differences between the EXO-400, 500, 700, 750, 900, 1000, and 1100? Obviously the higher numbers must have more features or something because they generally cost more, but I can't figure out specific reasons.

Thanks!

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 11/24/2011 2:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Scorpion is a pretty fine product over-all, but I really lke their helmet line in that the offerings are a god mix of price/performance and different feature sets per model so that you are not trying make one helmet do it all. For myself I rock the EXO-1000 because I ride more of a commute/Sport tour style and the EXO-1000 is designed to serve that purpose. The inner visor feature on this lid is great for when you are doing long-haul and get into changing light conditions.

Go to the scorpionusa.com site and check it out. They break it down really well for you so that you can pick the model that best suits your needs. Good luck on that bike hunt as well! You'll have to report back which machine you end up getting.

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 11/24/2011 2:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Go onto the Scorpion website and you should be able to find out.

Incidently, I like the look of Scorpion helmets and when I was shopping for a new helmet recently I had it in mind to buy one of the ones with an integral sun visor. However, I found that the visor is either up or down, you can't get it to stay in a position where it will shade the eyes without having to look through it. So I bought something else.

I was like the wife in a dress shop, I spent ages trying various helmets until I found one that suited. It does prove the adage 'try before you buy'.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 11/24/2011 3:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Richard47 said...

Go onto the Scorpion website and you should be able to find out.

LOL Richard, great minds think alike!

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe