Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Bike Reviews > 2007 Star V-Star 1300 - First Ride  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
108 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

arless
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 9/11/2010 3:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I know this is old tech by now, and almost 2011 coming, Went down to the local motorcycle dealer and had a look around. Ask for a quote on a star 1300? and a quote on a 900 custom Vulcan. the dealer only had a couple of Vulcan 900"s so I will still l@@k around tomorrow for the big block V-13 wrfreaked

arless
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 9/14/2010 3:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hea Duke,
If you had a choice between the Vulcan 900 classic, or the Star, V-Star 1300 classic. both with in $200.00 to $400.00 dollars difference between them both. Which bike would you choose? thanks Wayne

PowerG
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2006
Total Posts : 1248

Posted 9/14/2010 5:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Both bikes are belt drive, liquid cooled, 4 valve per cylinder, but they are really in different displacement classes. The V-Star has significantly more power, and is significantly heavier. I REALLY like mine.

2007 V-Star 1300 

arless
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2009

Posted 10/6/2010 2:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
you can get the beautiful star v star 1300 for $7000.00 or the star v star 950 for $5795.00 both OTD at the said prices but the 2008 1300 and the 2009 950 left over but new bikes. If I was buying a new bike this is the time to do it prices will not be any lower for the left over models of your favorite brand of motorcycle.I love also the way the new for 2009 star 950 l@@ks also. but for myself at 240lbs and my wife at 277 the light middle weight 950 will not do so we need at least the 1300--- or a air cooled road star for our fat buts

2YS4U
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 1

Posted 12/1/2010 7:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Duke, loved the story, and the honesty. I just purchased this lovely and very satisfying motorcycle joins taken-career....first the back story..bought my first Yamaha in 93"FZR 400"..never ridden and no license..rode for three yrs....those three yrs.I road it more than I should have "out on date with then live-in..some even ask her to drive the car while I rode the bike...did not go over well..anyway sold it looking to buy bigger bike...stuff happen...fast forward...10yrs married..talk wife into purchase..get the green light and off I go..wanted the M109 for two yrs....but of course the wife set a limit...10K....so i go into the dealer a little not wanting anything but the M109...short story..the dealer dose not budge...I see the V13 sit on it ... think about for two days......I am so damn happier that I pulled the trigger on this bike_Sept2010.....Oh Yea..best part...it is a '07' is was just out the creat...got for under 8K.....back on the road again

Miche53
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2010
Total Posts : 27

Posted 12/7/2010 8:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have the 1300 and believe me it's like I didn't have my wife sitting behind. It's an excellent choice and so comfortable...

You're invited to navigate our website www.intmarketplus.com to fine products associated to motorcycles and more.

Angelray
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/1/2011 4:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jumpin
Hi guys I'm from Scotland and just joined this site today as I was viewing an xvs 1300 yesterday on the view to buying one I have the Yamaha (Star in USA) XVS 950 midnight star I only bought the XVS 950 a year ago when it came out as a new bike. now I want to go back up the engine size to 1300 so any info would be appreciated
Safe riding to all.

Angelray
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 12/1/2011 4:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hornett said...
Aye, I know about the Vulcan and it is a nice bike, as is the Suzuki C50, but I meant I wish that V-Star (Yamaha) would make a cruiser in the 800 - 900 range since the gap is so large between the 650 and 1100. :p

-- Hornet -- yeah

Hi there . they do make a 950 star really nice bike and easy ride also looks the part as it takes on a huge bike look.
I've owned the (Star)yamaha midnight star xvs 950 for just over a year since they first came out.
safe riding .