Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Bike Reviews > 2012 Victory Cross Country First Ride  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 10/17/2011 11:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
From its potent 1731cc Freedom 106 engine to its capable chassis, the 2012 Victory Cross Country has the power and handling to match its striking good looks.

Check out the full report: 2012 Victory Cross Country First Ride

jon
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 10/17/2011 11:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
better looking than the vision imo. 106" motor standard is a nice touch for vic.

jclax01
The world is ruled by Damned Dirty Apes

Date Joined Jan 2008
Total Posts : 5244

Posted 10/17/2011 1:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think the vision may go the way of the dodo bird with the new victory tourers. im not sure how the vision did in terms of sales, but its just too odd looking for the touring cruiser crowd out there. Polaris is going right for the neck with the cross country (street glide) and cross country tour (ultra glide). I personally think they look way better than the comparable harleys.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88
2007 Piago (my wifes punk ass 50cc scooter) 
1986 kaw Vulcan 750(rebooted and reloaded)

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5507

Posted 10/17/2011 2:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jclax01 said...
 im not sure how the vision did in terms of sales
I've seen more Visions on the road than the Honda VFR1200, Dullville NTV650 or DN-01.
So there is that....

Børk! Børk! Børk!

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 10/17/2011 2:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

im not sure how the vision did in terms of salesI've seen more Visions on the road than the Honda VFR1200, Dullville NTV650 or DN-01.
So there is that....

same here. i've seen the nt once and the vfr a few times but never the dn-01. between a vision and dn-01, i would take the vision anyday in terms of looks. the dn-01has been out for about 3 years now and i have not seen any on raod, seems like honda has failed.

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 10/17/2011 4:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...
I've seen more Visions on the road than the Honda VFR1200, Dullville NTV650 or DN-01.
So there is that....

hell just seeing one vision means I would have seen more visions than the brands you mentioned. Is honda even trying to sell the DN-01 anymore?

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 10/18/2011 4:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I woulda bought a DN01 if it was priced at $8K new, which is what it's worth.
$15K? Is Honda trying to see how stupid people are?

Victory is now the # 2 seller of cruisers. Pretty amazing given the fact they have been doing it for only about 10 years, while the Japanese mfgs have been doing it for much much longer.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/18/2011 4:33 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I still havent seen a new vfr on the road. Ive seen them in dealers with orange red green tags on them with the words rebate or discount,but not rollin down the road.
Nice lookin rig,not for me.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 10/18/2011 9:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

Victory is now the # 2 seller of cruisers. Pretty amazing given the fact they have been doing it for only about 10 years, while the Japanese mfgs have been doing it for much much longer.

$8k??? that's still too much for the dn-01 imo.

good for vic for being number 2 at the *big* cruiser market but i'm not surprised since all of their bikes come with the 106" motor standard (very nice touch btw) and they have like 13 big cruiser models. i don't think any of the big 4 brands offer more than 5 big cruiser in their line up.

jclax01

Date Joined Jan 2008

Posted 10/19/2011 7:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
there still is that large buy american crowd (which I have no problem with). I think people are just happy to have an alternative to the OTHER american brand. Add to that the victory's run circles around harleys IMO. I bet most of the victory owners are former harley owners.

Ride Hard or Stay home

1994 Kaw Vulcan 88

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/19/2011 7:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am confused a bit with this,maybe someone sees a train of thought I am missing. Victory just bought Indian,and this bike starts at 18,999. Where exactly is the Indian going to fit in? Is Indian going to go for the throat on the screamin eagle bikes? Its just kinda odd,I guess. If I were looking into a bike like this Id condsider it.
 Every time I see a decked out Victory it just makes me wonder. I really hope that the Indian isnt going to be a over priced Victory,I guess.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 10/19/2011 12:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
jon said...
Desmolicious said...

$8k??? that's still too much for the dn-01 imo.
That's less than the Yamaha Tmax super scoot.  The Yam has the advantage of storage the Honda does not.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 10/19/2011 8:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like the bike, and even the styling is tolerable, but I don't care for the goofy crashbars.

I'll bet they cost a fortune if you ding one up.

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
qmann at asdiengr dot com
http://hooligancruisers.proboards102.com

KevinLNicholson
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 12

Posted 10/20/2011 1:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Saddle bags can take care of any storage problems

Be blessed in all your rides.

Desmolicious
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004

Posted 10/20/2011 11:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KevinLNicholson said...
Saddle bags can take care of any storage problems

You seen a DN01 with saddlebags?  Wider than a car.

Plus your missing the point.  This thing is double the price of the competition with much less features.

No wonder it was a complete and total failure.

Børk! Børk! Børk!

slopoke
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 90

Posted 10/25/2011 4:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
CaddmannQ said...
I like the bike, and even the styling is tolerable, but I don't care for the goofy crashbars.

I'll bet they cost a fortune if you ding one up.

I can understand how you feel about the crash bars. I own this bike and still not sure I care for them. But the rest of the bike is fantastic.

A dog did bounce its head off them, 3 days after I bought the bike.

2011 Victory Crosscountry

slopoke
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2009
Total Posts : 90

Posted 10/25/2011 4:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Desmolicious said...

I think its number 2 in 1400cc + crusiers.

2011 Victory Crosscountry