Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > 2008 Isle of Man TT +++ Links added - Please look +++  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
40 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Manx
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2007
Total Posts : 79

Posted 6/4/2008 1:36 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A few more from today:

Manx
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2007

Posted 6/6/2008 8:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
First ones from today - all Ducatis :-)

Parade Lap

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 6/6/2008 8:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

German rider Karsten Schmidt in action:

Duc exhibition by the grandstand:

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 6/6/2008 8:13 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 6/6/2008 8:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

More later...

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 8211

Posted 6/6/2008 1:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great pics and I'm glad you posted thumbnails instead of biggies. Also I appreciate that you haven't let any results slip out as I haven't downloaded the Senior yet.

After their success at Stonehenge the scientists continued to uncover the secrets of the ancient world, with Easter Island proving an early triumph.

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 6/7/2008 5:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ianisme said...
Great pics and I'm glad you posted thumbnails instead of biggies. Also I appreciate that you haven't let any results slip out as I haven't downloaded the Senior yet.

I hope you've watched it by now - the pics below give it away slightly :-)

Last batch from me for this year:

Senior TT

Blink of an eye

The inevitable tottishot

Mats Nilsson - bugger drives a gorgeous CLK 63 AMG Merc - envy....

Just after his Senior TT win:

John McGi...McGuih..Mc..I'll just call him John...

Stunts on the Prom

Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

and now they're all gone again...

Hope you liked my little picture trail through one of the most fascinating sporting events on earth today - if you haven't seen it live yet, do it! It won't be here forever but simply must be seen for real to be believed.

If you wanna use any of the pics for private purposes ( private websites, torturing the in-laws on rainy evenings, pics for the bike shed, etc..) then that's ok with me. If you want them for any kind of commercial website or purpose, then please contact me first.

Amadeus over and out... (I need a break..where's my beer?...)

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 6/7/2008 7:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Awesome job. MCUSA should pay you to cover next year's event.

I watched the Senior and it was a brilliant race. McGuinness maybe got lucky but he was due some after his poor luck earlier in the week. Ansty really looks like he could go on doing this for years and Cameron McDonald had a fantastic week. I don't even mind that he's an Aussie as he is not the usual in-yer-face type from down under.

Janey really is a dipshit!

After their success at Stonehenge the scientists continued to uncover the secrets of the ancient world, with Easter Island proving an early triumph.

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 7/9/2008 2:55 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just me again - decided to continue the quest and eventually get a photographic journey around the course. Some experimental bits:

How's that for a sunset? Taken the other week from the top of Johnny Watterson's lane

Lonely spectator...

Two more experimental ones - Steve Hislop memorial & Joey

Had an idea for a shot of Kates the other week and spent an hour getting there (think Benny Hill style walking through fields & gorse with camera and tripod...), only to find that the light wouldn't play ball - that was interesting :laughcont:

Decided to sell a few of the prints to get costs back - getting the old Merc to locations is a bit expensive at the moment... Don't really like doing that, but if it pays for fuel and bits here and there, then that's something. So, I really won't do many as it's not my job and I'm not after profit or commercial - just stuck a few on ebay - will really only be a few, though - I'm not pro and don't do that as any kind of business - but if you want a really nice version of some of them (and help to ensure a future supply of new piccies), then that would be an option...

Still chasing a shot of Union Mills as well - tried three times now, and still didn't get anything I liked - oh well, time enough

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 7/9/2008 7:08 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm going to sticky this thread so that people can see your link. Thank you for your brilliant coverage and photos and don't wait until next year to post again. If you have any more auctions etc then just add them to this thread.

In a sign of increasingly difficult times, even great masterpieces have to work for a living.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/9/2008 7:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
All that makes me want to go back again. Good beer too!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me!

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 7/10/2008 9:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ianisme said...
I'm going to sticky this thread so that people can see your link. Thank you for your brilliant coverage and photos and don't wait until next year to post again. If you have any more auctions etc then just add them to this thread.

Wow - thanks for that! I'm not planning to be really commercial - just trying not to lose cash :-)

Will see how it goes - there'll sure be more pics in the future but I would never rush things. Ideas come when they come....

Or the light just happens to be there, like with these two shots from Dukes / 32nd milestone.

Manx
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2007

Posted 11/8/2008 7:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's been a while, but I think you could call this my "commercial break" - the Grandstand in the morning shot is now in the Duke catalogue :-)

Didn't really plan for this - just kinda got noticed by the right people I guess. Won't make me rich, but it's a nice start and hopefully helps to pay towards some new photo kit, so sorry for the shameless self plug, but here it is:

www.dukevideo.com/Bikes/Gifts.aspx

www.dukevideo.com/Bikes/Gifts/TT/TT-Grandstand-Canvas-Print-A3.aspx

Also working on a new site and more - latest by next TT there should be some more stuff to look at.

All the Best from the IOM!

Amadeus

roberto53
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2009
Total Posts : 1

Posted 1/19/2009 5:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
how come those wankers at the speed channel don't show any isle coverage?  not everyone wants to watch 4wheel vehicles make nothing but lefts or oversized trucks roll over cars.  what happened to motorsport mondial with irish road racing, rally car etc.?  is there anywhere on tv or the web for 2wheel enthusiasts to see the isle, british superbike and the likes?

ianisme
Typical Bloody Brit!

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 1/19/2009 8:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Look at the sticky thread showing how to download the races. I watch all of those throughout the season via the miracle of bit torrents.

For a brief moment Tufty was tempted to make a remark about hidden nuts and happy endings