Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Race pic of the day.....One for the ditch...LOL  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
230 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/13/2011 11:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
eye candy for the junkies. I will try to make this a daily occurrence.
Here's Guy Martin at the southern 100 Notice his eyes,and the massive wall,and the lack of a billiard smooth racetrack. Can you say compliant race bike?

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Post Edited (el SID) : 1/24/2012 2:20:18 AM GMT

el SID

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/14/2011 6:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Greatest rider imho to watch,such a talent,made me want a motorcycle so bad I could taste it when I was in middle/high school.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/15/2011 10:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sweet shot. too bad hes having a shocker of a weekend,ducati cant be that bad can it?

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Bonton
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 418

Posted 7/16/2011 1:29 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nice pics. Thanks

Give me liberty or I will fight you to the death.   Le Bonton Rollie 
08 Suzuki 1340 B-King
03 Harley "Deuce" Soft tail.
2000 Suzuki 1400
1989 Yamaha V Max
1981 650 Yamaha XS

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/17/2011 6:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Barry Sheene,when racing was dangerous and sex was safe..... the good old days..... rip barry.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/18/2011 8:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

You were wondering how long it would be before I put my sons name up here werent you? lol Colin Edwards mid turn portugual. epic

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 7/19/2011 8:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Randy De Puniet - 4 time bike surfing champion.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/19/2011 11:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

lmao.

Bayliss leaving haga dreaming of a ride at ducati.....a year later he would get one,only to be the bridesmaid again. Always liked the 999r xerox bike.Superman patches do the photo "justice" lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 7/20/2011 8:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...

Bayliss leaving haga dreaming of a ride at ducati.....a year later he would get one,only to be the bridesmaid again. Always liked the 999r xerox bike.Superman patches do the photo "justice" lol

And hes getting it again this year. He's off Ducati and they're winning the championship at the moment. lol

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/21/2011 3:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
heres mick runnin the #4 plate so circa 1994 i think
Proving that body position is just a theroy. lol crazy talent the aussie was,the nsr helped too.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/21/2011 3:14 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

And the pic I really wanted of mick. rain? its just drizzling a little.

awesome. thats a 500 gp motorcycle,on full wets,with a freakin hero aboard it boys and girls,it can kill you faster than a bolt of lightning.
Its supposed to rain today and be 100 degrees.
I needed some inspiration sorta speak. This should do nicely.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 7/21/2011 5:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Oh yeah. Forgot to mention that Mick is staying with us right now!

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
DSCN1640.JPG
  716KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 331 time(s).

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/21/2011 5:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for sharing all these mighty fine pictures El!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Phil B
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 126

Posted 7/22/2011 8:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
heres mick runnin the #4 plate so circa 1994 i think

Proving that body position is just a theroy. lol crazy talent the aussie was,the nsr helped too.

Nah, see what happened was, his manager said, "Get yer arse out on the track!!", and Mick took him a bit too literally...

lol

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/22/2011 9:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
California girls......
so great.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/22/2011 9:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
throttle control. totally awesome.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/23/2011 9:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great pictures El CID :-)

Got anything with both wheels in the air...maybe Isle of Man?

Focus the forces, Be The Force

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/23/2011 12:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Racer1
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 2119

Posted 7/23/2011 3:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...

Sweet shot. too bad hes having a shocker of a weekend,ducati cant be that bad can it?

My theory... The 800cc Duc is developed out - done. Honda and Yamaha had headroom in their designs (and they had the money to extract the remaining 5-10%) and these last 800cc seasons belong to the big two Japanese corporations. It's impossible for Ducati to build next years 1000cc bike at the same time as trying to keep their 800cc bike competitive in its last year.

I think that Ducati have accepted that the 2011 final 800cc season is a lost cause and are concentrating on a return to strength in 2012 with the new 1000cc bike. Rossi has been running the 800cc motor in the 1000cc chassis at race practice to develop that chassis in anticipation for next year as his rivals duke it out at the front on their perfected 2011 800cc bikes. That alone speaks volumes - using race practice to test and refine next years bike is not standard operating procedure!

It's crazy for a small Italian company to waste all their resources on the last 800cc season when Yamaha and Honda are throwing money at their teams to try and clinch the championship and they still have money left to develop their 1000s.

Also, everyone loves a comeback - both for Rossi and Ducati - next year will be interesting...

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 7/23/2011 3:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cricky 37 :-)  yeah

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Post Edited (louemc) : 7/23/2011 10:41:55 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/23/2011 4:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The golden color near the bottom of the bodywork says im fast and hot. Love that pic. not really a standard swingarm there by the looks of it either.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/24/2011 8:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rainey Doohan 1991. I had Rainey replica helmet just like his. Always wanted a doohan rep,but I was a broke teenager. Great pic. Had to be early in the race,
notice the scuff mark on Micks nsr just below the N in honda. Same with Raineys under the B&O in marlboro. By the end of the race there were holes.
I was neve a huge Rainey fan,always was a Schwantz fan. But the effectiveness of the ysr500 did have an influence on my first roadbike,1989 fzr 600r,
Rode it everywhere for 3 years.
One more for one of the eternal greats of the greatest gp erea of anytime imho. Ran the marlboro team from 1994 to 1998 while in a
wheelchair,red blooded racer here folks.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/24/2011 8:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Racer,I agree but I think rossi and company are at a crossroads with the development of the 1000 chassis. His bike ,imho, doesnt look like its handling

any better,with addition of the supposedly much more powerful 1000cc motor hes going to have his hands full if the bike doesnt want to slow down

and turn in well. We will see if his development of next years bike is on the right track later today,as Hayden gets the gp11.1 today for the race.

Its a smart move to move forward and scrap the 2011 season for 2012. Winning a title in the last year of a race formula isnt as impressive as winning

it for the year of a new formula.IMHO  Everybodys starting fresh,however if Ducati get d!cked next year,its embarrassing,no two ways about it.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/25/2011 4:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
world champ hits the ground hard and returns the next day to finish 2nd. He races motegi. stoners got momentum again. that 1 race win would bring
within reach. massive fall,couldnt believe he came back,much less finish 2nd.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/25/2011 7:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Amazing shots! Amazingly he did not get hurt!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!