Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Race pic of the day.....One for the ditch...LOL  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
230 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

Richard47
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 7/25/2011 3:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
He's got some courage, has Jorge and it's far from the first time it's happened to him. I don't think I'd fancy racing again after three or four high siders like that, as he has had. Respect!

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Racer1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 2119

Posted 7/25/2011 3:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Richard47 said...
He's got some courage, has Jorge and it's far from the first time it's happened to him. I don't think I'd fancy racing again after three or four high siders like that, as he has had. Respect!

I'd love to see the data sheets from that run - it was a relatively slow high side, not on a fast lap or at 100%+ - I have to believe the TC screwed up. Not the kind of information they share, but this is not something that should be happening to a rider of his caliber on a bike that is electronically equipped to the nines. When riders assume the TC is working fine and it fails, this is what happens - you override the bike, expecting that forgiveness, only to discover that it didn't have your back after all!

My R6 doesn't have TC obviously (although I am seriously looking at the Bazzaz aftermarket system), but I have ridden bikes that are equipped (mostly the BMW S1000RR). It's an amazing technology and totally changes your confidence level on the edge once you get used to it and learn to trust it. However, I imagine that if you are used to relying on it, and it fails, things would go real bad, real quick.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/26/2011 4:36 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
marco on the 250 back when two strokes were told they were going to be killed by the new moto2 formula.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 7/26/2011 10:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm a confirmed ring dinger, you can't beat all that blue smoke, and I will miss the 125's when they go. But I have to say that the racing in Moto2 has been better than the 250 class, good as it used to be. I wish they would do something similar for the big class.

That's a cool helmet design IMO. Simple is better.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/27/2011 4:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No idea whos riding here,but the man has brass conterweights between his legs. Rain,lemans,and getting dark,oh and they will continue for 24hrs,awesome.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 7/27/2011 4:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Randy de Puniet showing his Bike Surfing skills and why hes the champ.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

Racer1
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 2119

Posted 7/27/2011 7:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said...

Randy de Puniet showing his Bike Surfing skills and why hes the champ.

To be fair, he gets more practice than most...

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 7/27/2011 8:02 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That qualifies for the picture of the week, ehe?

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 7/28/2011 9:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

The Pramac Ducati creates some gnarly pavement waves, a bit too much for Randy as he's bucked from his ride. Few races left in the season to defend his title.

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
6u2o3258.jpg
  44KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 7641 time(s).

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/1/2011 1:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bye bye yamaha.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/2/2011 8:29 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A couple of years ago, I thought MotoGP was toast, few entries, less than 18 according to their new rules, etc. - and the fact that they came close and got a strict warning from WSBK. I actually started to pay more attention to WSBK.

AMA just dropped, racers migrating to WSBK, etc. - But except for Ben, not so good.

Now, WSBK is reduced, forces goes back to MotoGP ...

Hang in there for the rest of the story.

RedDog

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/2/2011 9:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Tough job to be Spies.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/3/2011 7:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

suzuka 8 hr,gsxr1000,pretty horny track hack huh? Aoyama(I think) on his way to victory.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Post Edited (el SID) : 1/22/2012 12:18:58 AM GMT

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/3/2011 8:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Dam, you nailed it, El Sid, for me! I love red bikes and I and I love the GSX-Rs, but in recent years, the red has not been an option. The one on the pictures, is awesome! I need one, ship it over!

Me need that in full flavor/resolution.

RedDog

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/3/2011 8:48 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If I did a replica race bike it would have to be an endurance racer,It lends itself to the road due to headlights and such. I dig the headlight on this just cause it gets rid of the
mustache light from the factory. Plus Im sick of the usual rizzla ,repsol,fiat,etc reps.

another favorite....

Cameron Donald on the tt legends honda. Looks the business. John Mcguinness also rode with Cam this year

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 8/3/2011 3:53:00 PM GMT

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/3/2011 8:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Me like them 24 hour races. These races are getting closer to the street with lights and endurance of an engine being pushed for 24 straight hours. Like Bol d'Or.

RedDog

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/3/2011 9:00 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Oh and heres your umbrella girls,mama hen may not approve... lol I know it wouldnt go well in my coup.lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/3/2011 9:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
He he!

As long as I eat at home, El. She fully understand that I am a man. But that one, was way too kiddish/dollish for me mug of beer.

RedDog

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/3/2011 9:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Id be distracted at the start of the race ,for a second,then it would be over. She is a bit skinny,I like curves. lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/3/2011 9:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4nB1ahUb8M&feature=related
Speaking of the Bol d'Hor, pit stops are exciting. Love the front wheel stand.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/3/2011 10:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I wish we could have a setup like that at the local dealer - including umbrella girls. Changing tires would become a breeze!

RedDog

Phil B
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 126

Posted 8/4/2011 9:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4nB1ahUb8M&feature=related
Speaking of the Bol d'Hor, pit stops are exciting. Love the front wheel stand.

I like the double tube "push and go" refuel dohickey :)

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/4/2011 12:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Make sure every thing is tight before you hit the road!

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 8/4/2011 1:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great shot! Just amazing how a wheel can come off like that.

RedDog

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 8/4/2011 2:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Betting the guy in back is sayin... Hello inside line, This is going to be easy, lol

Focus the forces, Be The Force