Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Race pic of the day.....One for the ditch...LOL  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
230 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 9/26/2011 4:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

For singles only....

Roland sands has these for 14k,yes it comes with foot contrlos. Yzf 450 motor and frame,r6 wheels and fork,endless abilities. Dead on cool. me want...
more singles,looks like a laugh to me.
Sounds of singles race....
OK here it is,the only track bike you will ever need. This is hondas new moto3 bike,the nsf250r. Paint the wheels gold and its good as far as Im concerned.
Cant seem to find a price,Rich? Who cares its worth it. 35hp 185lbs.... 450s make 50hp and weigh 10lbs more... heart transplant???

Pic says all you need to know I think.
since there isnt a good race pic,here you go...

This bike is rare folks,real rare. this bike shown is one of 30 made in 1993. so prety.
hondas rs125,
Mike D'megglio aprilla rs125.
Kyle Ryde from richards side of the pond. Dig the lid,St.Georges cross.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 9/29/2011 6:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

something different today....

All of these are available at yamaha.
enjoy.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 9/30/2011 5:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I did enjoy, thanks Sid.
How many names can you put to the riders on that line up? I can start with Ivy, Duff, Read, Anderson, Robb, Bryans. Any advance on those?

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 9/30/2011 6:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Better than me richard. I had ivy,read,anderson.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/4/2011 4:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bored today? goggle image cadwell park mountian. It will cheer you up a bit.....
johnny rea explaining proper technique....

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/5/2011 6:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
141 0603 Ww Ice Race 15 Z Canada Motorcycle yes its a side car....
epic lean.
Has to be photo shoped or just before he throws it away right?
best photo I can find of studs....gotta be 20lbs of studs in that tire.
angle of the screw matters,alot. Its a science all of its own.
Different types,I only know the first and second are cold cutters.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/6/2011 5:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This man is about to win his first championship......
dudes ridden about everything trying to get a championship...
he has won suzuka 8hr which is a feat in and of itself.
having an off
Taking a drink and taking his title... lol

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 10/6/2011 10:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On the ice series...el SID, have you seen the picture that came out of the school in Sweden several years ago...
of the guy on a studded GIXXR 1000, coming out of a corner crossed up a bit, front wheel in the air, and picture sharp as a tack, you can see his eyes...

The picture was out on the web, like it was part of the advertizing of the school...and the school was to teach methods of road racing.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/6/2011 11:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I thought I put it in there Lou. Its what got me all giddy about it in the firstplace lol
Love the spent leathers he has on. Wonder if hes runnin heated grips....
good heads up.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/6/2011 12:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for posting that one up, el SID....That Picture just hits a deep spot inside me...Love that feeling it gives me.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/7/2011 5:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
guess who?
This is about all he did for a year....or two...
figured it out yet?
I mean this dude crashed his brains out.
A far cry from his winning ways on 4 wheels...

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004

Posted 10/7/2011 6:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Seems to have lost his winning ways on four wheels too. Can't even beat his (much under-rated IMO) team mate.

There comes a time when even the best should know when to quit. Does this apply to the GOAT right now? Probably.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/10/2011 5:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ahhh cross country racing. Love it.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/10/2011 11:47 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Me too...it should be a requirement for getting a Motorcycle endorsement to a drivers license. To prove you can handle traffic, and nasty conditions, at the same time.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/11/2011 5:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

some racing I dont get to see.... but some of the best riding I have ever done.

gotta remind yourself sometimes....
looks smooth to me.
i know i know its a quad,but you try baja 1000 tell me you dont have to be hard as nails to ride it on a quad. plus the shots really awesome.
wouldnt be fair not show a checkpoint of 40 years.... Hotel rosario.
look at this guy,having the time of his life.
this dudes won baja 1000 12 times
Larry Roesler
Look out! Dogs, ditches, flat tires,attrition,mans mans racing..

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/12/2011 3:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

todays soundtrack provided by hondas world conquering nsr500r....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7V6_GfrjhU&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL5F36A6930BDD552D

when used properly the nsr was a weapon used to slice the throats of many gp hopefuls,mick doohan demonstrates.
When used improperly,it kicked your @ss,as the doctor demonstrates here.
Powerplant on display. me oh my OH words cannot explain how wonderful the 2 stroke is too me. A mechainical demon.
The K.I.S.S. mantra lives and breathes here.. k.eep i.t s.imple s.tupid........
Wayne gardner riding one.
Chris "stalker" walker riding an nsr
eddie lawson...
wayne again...knee down nsr screaming.....

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004

Posted 10/12/2011 6:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like two strokes, as you know, Sid. But they weren't simple really. The basic concept is simple, and something like a crappy old Villiers 9E was simple, but that NSR is most certainly not simple. To get that level of reliable power from 500cc requires a level of sophistication beyond the imagination of Mr Villiers (if there was such a person). It's gorgeous but it ain't simple.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/12/2011 7:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My definition of simple must be different than yours richard. Simple in my mind is exactly like you put it. Simple engineering. Comparatively to the current
4 strokes its very simple. No pneumatic valves etc. just plain and simple,oil,air,gas,spark, kaboom..... Is it hard to make it run at its highest level yes. But thats a
different vane of thought all together. I was referring to the formula. Not the execution of the formula...

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004

Posted 10/12/2011 8:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It has valves, Sid, all worked by a little servo motor. You can see the linkages. Reed valves too (I assume) in the induction. And those lovely exhausts aren't simple, they don't get to be that way by chance. Pistons that don't get to be round until they reach operating temperature. Water cooling that has to be just so. That crankcase looks to be far from simple, what a masterpiece of engineering that is. I can take my old Suzuki's to bits without a second thought, I wouldn't care to touch that motor, way out of my league. It's like saying the Wright Flyer is simple like a Flying Fortress. Same aeronautical principles but poles apart.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/12/2011 12:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ok look how many welds do you count? I count 26 give or take, just to the expansion chambers. not the hangers etc. This is a very simple exhaust.
Look at the 2 and 4 chambers. They go straight out....
Now,was there a complex, very detailed, manner to get the to this shape so the pulses are in time and used to produce epic levels of power? yes.
But in its execution it has been made complex. In its theroy its very, very ,simple. But this bad boy shown is a complex,highly refined,career ender.
As far as the valves go my dirtbike has a powervalve. Carbon reeds too. Next time I have them out I will take pics. real cool.
 Most if not all high performance 2 strokes since the late 80s had power valves,didnt they? They had stupid monkier names too. like kps,or whatever.
89 rgv 250s had a three way valve I believe as well. So again nothing wild,fairly simple.
The engineering and fabrication,in this beast is mega. I know that,I get it. But again its the basic principle of operation I was referring too.
Hell,that motor at one time ,was a million quid in engineering. Always covered never pictured,like a mythical unicorn.
If I had the money,and some one was selling,It would be the center peice in my living room. Id be divorced cause of it,but it might just be worth it.
 I can see it now,an IV bag with klotz and turbo blue,running in the garage. for no reason whatsoever. just because it sounds cool. lol
Oh wait no, I could use it to control the mosquito population in the summer.
Sorry I implied that this particular motor was a simple peice of kit Richard.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 10/12/2011 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That engine would be better than a Picasso!

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/13/2011 4:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/13/2011 7:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

That's why I did Desert racing lol , Ace the start, and it doesn't take long, till Your alone out there.

I can't hack being in close quarters with others.  freaked

Post Edited (louemc) : 10/13/2011 2:31:45 PM GMT

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 10/13/2011 7:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not so crowded ehe, spaced out a bit :)

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/13/2011 7:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
^^^ really, I don't do group rides either, and avoid riding on weekends....because normal people are out in the best places to ride, on the weekends. :-)