Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Race pic of the day.....One for the ditch...LOL  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
230 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/13/2011 7:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Aww come on Lou. Nothing like gettin close and leaving a competitor behind. I enjoy close quarter combat in the woods. Its where your real skills can be
shown. Invent new lines,show the slow the way through. Ive only had 3rides in the desert. So fun, wide open comparatively to the woods. Dirt, rock,sand,water
Love it all.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Racer1
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 2119

Posted 10/13/2011 9:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I won't do group rides - nothing processional and three bikes is the max for me (inc. mine).

On the track however I love tight quarters racing, the noise, the fairing bashing the fighting for the same 6 inches of tarmac... There is no adrenaline rush like it - being hyper aware of your surroundings - keeping your line but being ready to deviate if someone locks up, cuts your line or washes out.... Clicking off fast laps is fun and all, like a trackday / practice session, but racing to me means racing and I love being in the thick of it and (hopefully) moving forward....

Stoner is the epitome of the metronic, inch perfect, consistent fast lap guy, but I think I much prefer Rossi because he loves a scrap and the adrenaline of the rough and tumble.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 10/13/2011 11:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Aww come on Lou. Nothing like gettin close and leaving a competitor behind. I enjoy close quarter combat in the woods. Its where your real skills can be
shown. Invent new lines,show the slow the way through. Ive only had 3rides in the desert. So fun, wide open comparatively to the woods. Dirt, rock,sand,water
Love it all.

I can relate to what Your sayin el SID.  Just My Contest was with myself...Reading what was in front, in the surface, and doing it better than the others.
Desert or Woods...and some of the Desert courses, included mountains with woods.  I had to pass lots of competitors that were doing all they could do.   I was #3 at the time, on my KTM 495  (that's a two stroke).
The #1 guy, (Husky Sponsored) clued me in on a porting trick, and The #2 guy (also Husky Sponsored) taught me how to ride fast over rough ground, and read the land.
An ISDT Competitor slipped me a special shock that KTM sent him...and...Simmons sent me Forks. 
(The OEM Zook forks and Fox shock, were a disaster that put the riders in the hospital).
I didn't like MX racing or Pavement, Road racing... it just wasn't my thing.
What was my thing...was a "nothing like",  just not like what most others like.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Post Edited (louemc) : 10/13/2011 6:41:18 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/17/2011 5:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

hurray for the chump!... I mean champ.

\

even his wife and himself cant stand the moaning....

great shot.

Congrats casey,you are now the world chumpion. lol.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 10/17/2011 7:37 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Now, now, Sid. Give the boy a little credit. He may be a moaning little scrote but he sure knows how to ride that Honda, and he was the only rider to be really effective on the Ducati. Apart from Lorenzo he is the only rider to have impressed me this season.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/17/2011 7:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah I know Richard,he was head and shoulders, better than everyone else. When you win a championship piror to the season being finished,you dominated,no doubt. It just a shame he can talk thats all.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/17/2011 7:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Richard47 said...
Now, now, Sid. Give the boy a little credit. He may be a moaning little scrote but he sure knows how to ride that Honda, and he was the only rider to be really effective on the Ducati. Apart from Lorenzo he is the only rider to have impressed me this season.

It was very fitting, the way Stoner handled the sketchy traction at that track...and clinching the title, especially (but not limited to) the rain in the last part of it.

But I'm with el SID, It's a shame he gets to talk.....When he said he was testing the track for everyone else...becouse he was in front....I don't think the rest of the field was thinking...Thank God for Stoner, if we didn't have him, we couldn't of done what we did.

Racer1
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 10/17/2011 1:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...

It was very fitting, the way Stoner handled the sketchy traction at that track...and clinching the title, especially (but not limited to) the rain in the last part of it.

But I'm with el SID, It's a shame he gets to talk.....When he said he was testing the track for everyone else...becouse he was in front....I don't think the rest of the field was thinking...Thank God for Stoner, if we didn't have him, we couldn't of done what we did.

You'd be a fool not to respect Stoners skills and abilities - he can ride the wheels of that bike and he is riding against a pretty heavy field of talent. While there are better racers out there, he is up there with the best technical riders of all time, no doubt.

That said - what a total dick. Even in victory he manages to belittle the opposition and aggrandize himself... it takes a particular kind of twat to be a poor loser AND a poor winner (whiner?).

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/18/2011 5:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ok first time for these boys to show here. Im going to try to make it special.

like most things moto,yes there is a sidecar division...wtf
IN case you think you have skills,check this....
just sick,makes me sick,awesome talents.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/18/2011 11:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The second and Third pictures look like the Trials at Donner, in the Sierra,
Where Boulders are like that.

Just beyond belief to see them launch off one boulder to splat (that's an actual term) against the vertical face of another boulder, and climb to the top of it. Stop (feet up of course) hop to set up the direction, and Bunny hop/ spring across a gap to the top of another Boulder, and ride down a steep face.

It's a real family sport as well.

Post Edited (louemc) : 10/19/2011 2:42:40 PM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/19/2011 7:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I honestly dont know what to post today. There maybe a repeat here,my apologies. Here is Mr McGuinness trying his d@mnedest to control

the insect population on the IOM mountian.

I cant explain to you how beautiful this machiene is to me. Classic hrc colors,its just a shame no gold wheels. Gold wheels highlight how hard the rider is working. Same with white. But for photos teams want the bike to look clean. Heaven forbid they have a pic of white wheels with brake dust.
One of motorcyclings greatest losses,was the loss of this man,John Britten. Look at those head pipes. Look at the front end. The bike alone needs a static shot. So here you go. Possibly the greatest moto of all time. It was sooooo far ahead of everything at the time. Notice the front brake,totally different in these shots,a constant evolution,just like a rider,you should always evole and progress.I could go on and on. But I imagine you all already know. Losing the plot getting on track....
Another ringer IMHO the KTM Super Duke R Battle. Love this bike.
848 endurance racer. Took a while to find this on the web. Apparently they raced a 1098r as well.Another very pleasing paint scheme.

Apparently this is for sale......
Yeah,or it was at some point. I tried real hard to find a pic of Mc Coy riding the thing. All I got was HOLY CRAP! McCOYS GP BIKE IS FOR SALE!
Oh this is the NSR 500V which in case you didnt know was an experimental experimental. Basically,in the mid 90s(?) 250s were catching 500s,and the general wave of thought at honda was if they could make a v twin 500, its corner speed could make up the difference in the lack of horse power. It made podiums. But was flawed. Once 4 strokes came onto the scene,project was scrapped. I just wiki'ed it. heres a pic. Also of note,honda sold these bikes,unlike the v 4s which were leased.
File:Tadayuki Okada 1996 JapanGP.JPG
Tadayuki Okada shown here.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSR500V   for more fun facts.
 Yep thats a v5......
Utterly wasted on the vfr. Not in the rc 211v however.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Post Edited (el SID) : 1/22/2012 12:53:39 AM GMT

Cookie32
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2011
Total Posts : 5

Posted 10/19/2011 10:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Just got home from the Oz GP, and after enjoying a lengthy chat with Casey in the pits after he had returned from the the medical unit at the track, I was quite amazed at the level of concern he showed for Lorenzo's health.
He was deeply compassionate in regards to his well-being, and was sickened at the thought of the crash, and it's outcome.
Casey is a true competitor, and enjoys being able to compete with the best on the best, so with both Spies and Lorenzo out, he did say that if a great result on his behalf was to happen, it would be tarnished with their absence.

So after reading your posts on his comments during the weekend, I thought it would be worth you hearing his views from a privite conversation, other than what the media reports and quotes on.

By the way, both Colin and Nicky have a big following down here in Australia, and I hope Nicky can put the Duke up the pointy end, at Sepang!!

Cheers, from down under.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/20/2011 9:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This post was originally supposed to just be a supermoto free for all. Once I got going I just had to throw in a history lesson too. lol sorry if its boring..... 
Jeff Ward (shown above 3X) was a massive talent back in the day in motocross. 
heres the stats....
  • 1984—Won AMA 125cc national motocross title.
  • 1985—Won AMA national 250cc motocross and Supercross titles.
  • 1987—Won second AMA national 250cc Supercross championship.
  • 1988—Captured second AMA national 250cc motocross title.
  • 1989—Won AMA national 500cc motocross championship to become first rider in history to win every major AMA national motocross title.
  • 1990—Won second consecutive AMA national 500cc motocross championship.
  • 2004—Won AMA Supermoto Championship at 43 years of age.
  • 2006—Won X-Games Supermoto Championship at 45 years of age.
  • 2006—Won AMA Supermoto Championship (second title)
  • 2008—Won X-Games Supermoto Championship at 47 years of age (second title).

Notice hes a 125,250 and 500 champion. The first ever to do it. For all of you youngsters who only know 4 strokes,the 500cc motocross title was the premier class ever in mx. An absolute animal of a mx bike the 500cc bikes were. If you ever have a chance to ride a 500,take it! Its an experience that you will never ever forget. Just be careful,every single person I have ever known that has owned one and rode it proper,broke the femur bone in their leg. Its big,bad,and eats p*ssies for lunch. A real mans mans bike. I miss them dearly. Can you guess what tommorrows post will be about? 

Now Wardy is old. But guess what,he still rips,as the record shows. Most non mutants would be lucky to qualify for the super moto championship,let alone win it at the age of 47....... TALENT
 Wardy (3x) is fully commitmented to going for the inside line here on a unsuspecting frenchmen... Couple of things of note in this pic,notice how tidy Wardy is,feet on the pegs shoulders squared up,just all around very neat and tidy. This guy was a childhood hero,who I was fortunate enough to meet a few years back. Great guy,down to earth,funny. Everything you would expect from a motocross legend.
As you can see there is quite a gap inbetween his moto carreers,heres why.
Indy Racing League Accomplishments
  • 1997—Finished third at Indianapolis 500 in maiden effort, finished 30th in IRL season point standings.
  • 1998—Earned career-first pole position at Phoenix IRL race, four top five finishes, finished career-best 6th in IRL season point standings.
  • 1999—Finished career-best second at Indianapolis 500, three top five finishes, finished 11th in IRL season point standings.
  • 2000—Finished fourth at Indianapolis 500, two top five finishes, finished 11th in IRL season point standings.
  • 2001—Two top five finishes, finished 11th in IRL season point standings.
  • 2002—Winner of Boomtown 500 at Texas Motor Speedway, finished ninth at Indianapolis 500, two top five finishes, finished 11th in IRL season point standings.

as well as Indianapolis 500
Rookie of the Year
1997 finished third.

Ok couldnt resist,had to give the junkies something special,right. Its Friday fer gods sakes. Here we go,Nicky hayden,Mad Max Biaggi,And Mike "the godfather" Metzger mixing it up supermoto style.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpHC8HQyKgE

from the riders point of view,Dani Ribalta,chasing David Checca... and yeah,thats Manowar,tricycles of steel,in the back ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmSIgVb9sM4&feature=related

Best track I have ever seen.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJHQYvqqNk

Yes thats a concrete berm,whoops and tabletop.... epic.  

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 10/21/2011 4:51:36 AM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/23/2011 7:11 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Rest In Peace Marco. May God welcome into his graces,and give peace to your family in this time of tragedy.

Had to post the pic of the 250,he was an awesome rider to watch. Such an unfortunate set of events.

A few more for a fallen hero.

Here he is wrestling the big bike.

have to post it,burnout on scoot,awesome.

RIP

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 10/24/2011 10:53:31 AM GMT

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/24/2011 3:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

New world champion was crowned over the weekend. Greg Hancock has won the Speedway GP Championship.

Hes an American doing the deed overseas. Take a ride with the world champ.
Good job Greg,I know its hard work in this series.
3 1/2 hours here of speedway footage,loads of those crazy speedway umbrella girls doing dances on track. Quality.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/25/2011 9:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 10/25/2011 12:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...

Rest In Peace Marco. May God welcome into his graces,and give peace to your family in this time of tragedy.

Had to post the pic of the 250,he was an awesome rider to watch. Such an unfortunate set of events.

A few more for a fallen hero.

Here he is wrestling the big bike.

have to post it,burnout on scoot,awesome.

RIP

Thanks for collecting and posting these great pictures of Marco
This loss is so great,  there aren't words, for it.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 10/25/2011 2:30 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We posted up a gallery of all the Simoncelli photos from the past two MotoGP seasons. Check them out here:

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/26/2011 4:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

hey thanks Lou,

A rider at Skerries in Ireland.

William Dunlop.

No clue who it is,like the shot though.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 10/26/2011 11:40 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...

Neil Hodgson I believe.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/27/2011 4:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Lawson on the kawaker.
Just stumbled onto this one via the internet,A very young eddie lawson loading his bike into a ranchero. A gem.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/28/2011 7:51 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Ok Friday..... Going with an animal.

Little back ground noise for you fellas. Dude isnt half bad either. Great sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TJGKOfpDic

David bailey shown above.

Ron Leichen on the 125 shown,great pic had too.

David Bailey once said If you dont have a honda you dont have a chance.......

Its friday,had too. Its not the 500 I was after here. I thought I would give a pic of quads......

Jeff Stanton.

Stanton Muscling Liechen

Can you say bottomed out
Wardy
Ahh 500s,so mean and nasty. Have a good day Junkies.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Racer1
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003

Posted 10/28/2011 9:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Great pics as always Sid, and as always, much appreciated.

Loved the shot of a young Eddie Lawson - priceless!

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 10/29/2011 10:34 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 10/30/2011 2:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like the helmet, a 'jet' helmet before we had jet helmets!

Toilet Brush Dog Owner