Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Racing > Isle of Man  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 12/14/2011 10:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not being a racing fan, I thought this was cool. Therefore, I assume you racing fans may enjoy as well.

My apologies if this has been shown before. It's new to me.

www.break.com/index/isle-of-man-motorcycle-race-highlights-2269392

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people"

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/14/2011 5:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are you a fan now? Yeah,been posted. But no apologies necessary,far as Im concerned. I watched the whole thing again. Real Good Stuff. Those lads have rather large attachments......

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 12/14/2011 7:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This type of racing through the city streets is more appealing than track racing for me, by far and IMO, seems to require much bigger attachments. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people"

Racer1
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 2119

Posted 12/15/2011 11:12 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can attest to the fact that true TT racing requires huge balls (bigger than mine!) and a very different type of approach and mindset to track racing. These guys are heros in my eyes, every year there is at least one - usually more than one - death at the Island, and they race with the ever present knowledge of that risk. With average lap speeds (Senior) around 130mph and hitting speeds of 175-180mph in parts, they deserve every ounce of respect you can muster.

Track racing by comparison is very safe, with run off areas, gravel traps and only 2 to 3 miles to learn. The surface is devoid of potholes and broken up pavement and the mindset is very different. For me the risk / benefit doesn't work for real road racing - I love the Island, have ridden the course many times, run Mad Sunday and know that it's not for me (I actually turned down a novice ride there MANY years back with a dealer sponsored bike - I've never regretted it).

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 12/15/2011 1:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Meanie_Intruder said...
This type of racing through the city streets is more appealing than track racing for me, by far and IMO, seems to require much bigger attachments. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it.

It's simular to what I do (and the hard edged, no forgiveness, intensity of concentration) is why I do it.

My ride isn't on old city streets, though, it's on old wagon trail, mountain passes that got a hard surface put on them.  They are narrow (no center line, no guard rails,...rock wall on one side, drop off on the other).

I'm not fast like those guys are either, I just go as fast as I can, within the bounds of sightline and knowing what that tells me.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Post Edited (louemc) : 12/16/2011 4:57:10 PM GMT

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/15/2011 4:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They clocked Keith Amor(?) at 190mph this year. Thats really really really,fast. My heros as well. The testicular fortitude required comes from a very few individuals.
Also meanie,There are a few posts with good footage,as well as some vids tucked in the race pic of the day. About 5 months till the nutters return to the isle.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Ulster Chris
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 16

Posted 1/6/2012 1:30 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Have been to IOM a couple of times but only once for racing. I marshalled the Senior TT last year at the Brandywell which is pretty much the highest point on the circuit. My view allowed me to see the riders approaching from about a mile away as tiny dots until they passed me. Breathtaking. Having to learn over 230 corners and hit them at massive speeds is incredible. So looking forward to this year. Feel free to have a nosey at my blog where I have written a short report on my trip to the TT and also where I am writting up an interview with a guy who has raced the Manx Grand Prix many times.

Keeping between the hedges - www.nomidlifecrisis.wordpress.com