Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > How'd you come up with your screen name?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
45 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Wixxy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2005
Total Posts : 1080

Posted 11/30/2009 9:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Shortly after transferring from the police department to the fire department, I started exploring the internet on Prodigy and AOL. On both services, the screen name 911 and call911 were taken. I immediately thought of a bumper sticker that I loved when I was a police officer: "Call 911 and make a cop come!"

Well, changed the C to an F and it was more appropriate. Been using that nick for years across just about all my online accounts.

'08 Ducati 848
'99 Ducati 750 SS (half converted to full)
'95 BMW 318is
'95 Dalmatian
'06 Ford/Pierce Contender Rescue Truck (currently bumped down to a Sutphen Pumper...bleh...hate riding 'big' fire trucks)

Instructor for Accident Scene Management, Inc., an organization dedicated to teaching emergency first aid and other safety measures to motorcyclists. Ask me about it!

636ADAM
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 2110

Posted 11/30/2009 10:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
.......My mother named me Adam after a guy on a little tv show some of you may remember named....Bonanza! no lie. Then upon going to buy a new Yamaha r6 in 2005 there was this beautiful Red 636 with orange metal flake on the floor. The first one my dealer had. He forced it me by selling it $800.00 cheaper than the r6.

p.s. Im so glad my name is not Hoss! lol

The Nancy Boys that whined lol were halarious lol This is priceless.

Tradewinds
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 60

Posted 12/5/2009 5:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"CaddmannQ rhymes with Kathmandu. At work I am the Computer Aided Drafting & Design MANager & my initial is Q, so CADD MANN Q. "

Somebody has to ask.......... What does the Q stand for?

Tradewinds
London, UK

bmwr100r
Airhead

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 1455

Posted 12/5/2009 7:19 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't remember where I got my screen name blush

Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged.
Ronald Reagan

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1926

Posted 12/6/2009 2:44 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Real name is Indian Dave. The 1913 Indian took first place at all the shows. Rode it daily for a while, tired of being pulled over. The 47 had the same problems.

Asphalt the greatest tattoo remover.

iman501
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 1022

Posted 12/11/2009 10:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
woohoo i like this as a sticky!

bikes dont leak oil, they mark their territory

Sledge
Registered Member

Date Joined May 2008
Total Posts : 101

Posted 2/10/2010 11:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My screen name is not as creative as most... Sledge is my last name and it's what I'm known by to most everybody I've worked with. It started in the military and it's just stuck. I frequent a few other forums and my screen names usually have a "13" in them. For some reason, 13 is my number.

1st bike:  2005 Hyosung GV250... "Eve"

Current Bike: 2009 Yamaha V Star 950T

"All good is hard. All evil is easy. Dying, losing, cheating, and mediocrity is easy. Stay away from easy." -Scott Alexander

Globalmotorbikes
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 11

Posted 3/3/2010 4:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mine is a reference to another motorbike forum here in Ireland, where we can chat without prejudice and with a real freedom of speech....

www.globalmotorbikes.com/forums/index.php

turn lol

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 3/4/2010 4:41:25 PM GMT

bearshark52
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 45

Posted 4/8/2010 1:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bears and sharks are my favorite. so is 52 =]

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 5/29/2010 11:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got my nickname back in 1986 when I was in boot camp. Shaved head courtesy of The Marine Corps. Someone said my head looked like a bullet. It stuck.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Hermit
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 41

Posted 6/12/2010 8:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Part of my e-mail addy and I am somewhat of a loner.

Smokey Joe
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 9/21/2010 8:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The first day I was hosting a local sports talk radio show, a listener called in and said, "You sound like the guy who does the 'Only you can prevent wildfires" guy!" (No, I am not Sam Elliott.)

First name's Joe so Smokey Joe was born.

Plus I smoke...so there's that.

HelmerGTS
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2010
Total Posts : 26

Posted 9/24/2010 10:53 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
First post on the forums. Helmer is my username/handle for most anything i do.. in places where Helmer is already registered, i started adding GTS to the end (i was driving a celica GTS at the time)

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/16/2010 4:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It is a nickname from freinds at work, we were doing a trackday and all of our customers had left ,we had stashed a 100cc gocart in our trailer and we decided to get it out for some hot laps. I was third in line so when my turn came up i got in and gave it hell,, well, unfortunately, half way into my lap the plastic cap for radiator had come off so the cooolant left at which time it properly seized the engine. One of the guys I worked with started calling me sid seizer, time went buy and it actually happened again at whichtime they decided to name me, the sid, which didnt have enough flair ,so it morped into el sid. sid stands for Source of Imminate Destruction. i know imminate is spelled eminate, it is what it is, still funny

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Post Edited (el SID) : 4/16/2011 11:41:26 AM GMT

sober1
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 71

Posted 4/8/2011 3:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If me and a drunk were standing on a corner, I'm the sober one. (sober1) I've been in recovery since Jan 8, 1990

2008 Suzuki C50/Special Edition/T

Fish.
Doesn't Really Talk Much

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 112

Posted 4/15/2011 9:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I was dubbed with this nickname in college.

My actual name is Cody.
If you drop the y you get Cod (another nickname)
With Cod you get CodFish. (another nickname)
From CodFish you get just Fish.

"When the people lead, the leaders will follow." - Gandhi

EmperorGonzo
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 3

Posted 4/16/2011 4:27 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Mine has a two meanings. The first is Emperor, its my favorite black metal band. My second part is Gonzo after the late and great Hunter S. Thompson.

Oznay
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted 4/22/2011 10:55 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Back in'64,while taking a machinist course in Winnipeg,a guy called Beaver,stuck me with "Nose" Oznay's just pig latin...

Vulcan93
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2003
Total Posts : 50

Posted 11/12/2011 4:37 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
guess,,lol

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 11/13/2011 12:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Vulcan93 said...
guess,,lol

Would a good guess be that you graduated from the University of Hawaii at Hilo in 1993?