Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Coming Soon: MCUSA Forum Upgrade  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
65 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 4/29/2011 8:50 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Treefort said...
I registered for the new forum but when I clicked on the forum button, it sent me back here. I take it that this happened because it is not ready yet? (I know my registration worked b/c when I attempted to re-register, I was told that my username was taken.)

Yes, thats because theres no new forum yet.  smilewinkgrin

We're still fixing some bugs and getting features dialed in. Just wanted to get you guys all prepared so theres no confusion when it does go up. When ever that may be.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 4/29/2011 11:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said...
so theres no confusion when it does go up.
That's what I like, an optomist.
You KNOW there will be confusion, despite your best efforts.
No reason to stop trying though !!! smilewinkgrin

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 5/19/2011 1:57 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Things are getting closer to done with the new forum. Tech guys are itching to move on to a new project so it could be done soon.

Be sure to get your self registered with MCUSA MyMoto to ensure an easy transition to the new forum.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/MyMotoUSA/register.aspx

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 7/14/2011 7:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Got a date yet rich? just curious.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Tros
Global Moderator

Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 7/19/2011 10:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Agreed. We are all curious :-)

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 7/20/2011 8:41 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They're currently finishing a side project related to the forum but at this point since the bulk of it has been finished they've left it with one or two guys and they keep pulling them off for other projects.

It's looking closer to being finished in the next month or two I hope.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 7/21/2011 2:38 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So next octember great looking forward too it.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 7/21/2011 1:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said...
Things are getting closer to done with the new forum. Tech guys are itching to move on to a new project so it could be done soon.

Be sure to get your self registered with MCUSA MyMoto to ensure an easy transition to the new forum.

Some doosh got my Username.  Dammit.  cry

Just registered, I'm "CasperO" now I guess.

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

Post Edited (Casper) : 7/21/2011 8:40:09 PM GMT

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 7/21/2011 3:07 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Casper said...
Rich_S said...

Some doosh got my Username.  Dammit.  cry

Just registered, I'm "CasperO" now I guess.

There are password and user name recovery tools just incase you made an account and forgot. lol  

You can still get your name by changing your display name for the forum.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/22/2011 2:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
An update on the forum.

We're moving in to the next stage of testing, having some external users offering feedback. At the moment this has been extended to moderators.

At the moment the primary issues we're addressing are User Interface things, button placements and message boxes. Making things more user friendly while also catering to the more advanced forum users.

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005
Total Posts : 666

Posted 8/22/2011 4:00 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This was a good chance to test my log-in on the MC-USA site. Worked like a charm, so i assume I'm OK to go when the change over takes place.

--Trav

"Man's mind, stretched by a new idea, never goes back to its original dimensions."

O.W.H., JR.

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/22/2011 4:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but I think you should consider bringing back the "War Room", with the following changes:

1. Make it a subscription forum only with no public access or viewing; so if you didn't want to see it - you wouldn't have to;

2. Make it available only after a member has a minimum number of posts, say 100; so as to keep out the spammers and trolls;

3. Make the subscription subject to the Mods' approval.

I miss it Sooooooo much!

--Trav

"Man's mind, stretched by a new idea, never goes back to its original dimensions."

O.W.H., JR.

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 8/22/2011 6:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
TravelerKLK said...
I miss it Sooooooo much!
Is THIS ONE the only online forum that you participate in ??

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/22/2011 7:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No - not at all? Why the question???

--Trav

O.W.H., JR.

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 8/23/2011 8:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
TravelerKLK said...
Because there are a LOT of other ones where heated debates are welcomed; some of them even motorcycle related.
I think there is a place for both kinds of forums.
I LIKE this one because those things are absent.  I want it to STAY that way.
Why can't you seem to let it go ?? 

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/23/2011 10:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Easy Rider 2 said...
TravelerKLK said...

Because there are a LOT of other ones where heated debates are welcomed; some of them even motorcycle related.
I think there is a place for both kinds of forums.
I LIKE this one because those things are absent. I want it to STAY that way.
Why can't you seem to let it go ??

Did you bother to read my post? Did you not see where I suggested:

"Make it a subscription forum only with no public access or viewing; so if you didn't want to see it - you wouldn't have to";

Can you not read? What part of that did you not understand? For you it could stay just as it is now. For those of use who like to stretch our brains and perspectives with our friends and those with common interests, we could do so.

Everyone wins.

Even you.

--Trav

O.W.H., JR.

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 8/23/2011 11:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I like your idea Trav, but I think there should be at least a couple of openly visible forums, so people get a feel for what the posters are like.

Maybe have the forum list in public view, but only the general board and maybe the introduction board publicly visible?

Or really whichever board is least likely to have arguments, thus we attract less cretins maybe?

this is not here

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/23/2011 1:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
bunchof6 said...
I like your idea Trav, but I think there should be at least a couple of openly visible forums, so people get a feel for what the posters are like.

Maybe have the forum list in public view, but only the general board and maybe the introduction board publicly visible?

Or really whichever board is least likely to have arguments, thus we attract less cretins maybe?
Actually, I suppose I wasn't really clear. My proposal was that only the War Room become subscription only. Everything else would remain exactly as it is. And by making the War Room not available to member subscriptions until the member had 100 posts, that would give the member the chance to get to know everyone under calmer circumstances, before immersing themselves in controversial topics and opinions.

Can't see how it's not a "win-win " for everyone. Even ER2.

--Trav

O.W.H., JR.

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 8/23/2011 1:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's not a 'win-win' for MC-USA. To them it's just an invitation for some member of the Aryan Brotherhood to get on here and post his top 10 reasons why this or that group should be incinerated,,, which leads to a bunch of crap,,, and ends up with some idiot ""Reporter"" at USA Today doing a story about what a bunch of racist A-holes motorcyclists are. ""As proof of the overt evil, it was stated on Motorcycle-USA.com that kittens are delicious,,, etc.etc.etc.".  From the P.O.V. of the website owners it's all downside and no upside.

Spanky was the War room moderator. Ask him if he wants the job back. devil

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

bunchof6
Troll/Squid/Spambot

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 4566

Posted 8/23/2011 1:31 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you bring back the war room I will moderate

the war room was awesome!

this is not here

TravelerKLK
2009 Rocket 3 Touring

Date Joined Aug 2005

Posted 8/23/2011 6:20 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It was just an idea. I still remember some of the discussions we had in there and how much fun I had. I'd still like to see it brought back. But it's not my decision.

--Trav

O.W.H., JR.

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 8/23/2011 8:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We could have a successful War Room if everbody would obey the "Strangelove" prime directive.

Easy Rider 2

Date Joined Dec 2009

Posted 8/24/2011 7:07 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
TravelerKLK said...

Can't see how it's not a "win-win " for everyone. Even ER2.
Human beings are weak.....and curious.

Some won't be able to resist getting on a soapbox and "preaching" their particular biases.
Others won't be able to resist the temptation to see what is going on in there.

The owners make the rules.  They have spoken. 
The horse is dead; further kicking will do no good. smilewinkgrin

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/24/2011 9:01 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

War room is dead, it was removed for a reason. I can only assume what that was. In some cases I can argue for things but I just don't see the point in bringing that back.

Post Edited (Rich_S) : 8/24/2011 4:12:10 PM GMT

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
679.jpg
  144KB (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 247 time(s).

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 8/24/2011 9:16 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
HA HA!!! proof the world really is flat! knew it.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125