Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Coming Soon: MCUSA Forum Upgrade  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
65 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3 
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 8/24/2011 9:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
HA HA!!! proof the world really is flat! knew it.

Yes, one of many topics that would have been discussed in the War Room.

Actually I think this was how Niagra falls was discovered.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

GAJ
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 8/24/2011 11:26 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
TravelerKLK said...
bunchof6 said...
I like your idea Trav, but I think there should be at least a couple of openly visible forums, so people get a feel for what the posters are like.

Maybe have the forum list in public view, but only the general board and maybe the introduction board publicly visible?

Or really whichever board is least likely to have arguments, thus we attract less cretins maybe?
Actually, I suppose I wasn't really clear. My proposal was that only the War Room become subscription only. Everything else would remain exactly as it is. And by making the War Room not available to member subscriptions until the member had 100 posts, that would give the member the chance to get to know everyone under calmer circumstances, before immersing themselves in controversial topics and opinions.

Can't see how it's not a "win-win " for everyone. Even ER2.

It's a dead issue.

The other two forums I'm on have their version of a "War Room" (BARF and F800Forum) and it seems to be just fine.

Isn't it common to have such a thing on moto forums?

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/24/2011 12:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
GAJ said...
TravelerKLK said...
bunchof6 said...
I like your idea Trav, but I think there should be at least a couple of openly visible forums, so people get a feel for what the posters are like.

Maybe have the forum list in public view, but only the general board and maybe the introduction board publicly visible?

Or really whichever board is least likely to have arguments, thus we attract less cretins maybe?
Actually, I suppose I wasn't really clear. My proposal was that only the War Room become subscription only. Everything else would remain exactly as it is. And by making the War Room not available to member subscriptions until the member had 100 posts, that would give the member the chance to get to know everyone under calmer circumstances, before immersing themselves in controversial topics and opinions.

Can't see how it's not a "win-win " for everyone. Even ER2.

It's a dead issue.

The other two forums I'm on have their version of a "War Room" (BARF and F800Forum) and it seems to be just fine.

Isn't it common to have such a thing on moto forums?

I checked out atleast the F800 one and it seemed pretty tame compared to the tail end of our war room here. Reviewing some of the threads it appeared some users got a bit out of control.

Of all the various forums i've been a part of, none ever had anything like a war room. Not sure why it is such a popular thing for motorcycle forums.

Anyways we're way off topic, if some one wants to create a thread discussing the concept of a war room you're welcome to, but theres no plans to have one in the new forum.

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 8/24/2011 12:23 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I get my "War Room" giggles primarily on the "Kitchen Sink" section on the BARF website.

Some funny stuff there and, at times, gets a bit heated.

Selling my one owner '97 TL1000S: www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372346

Well Enuff
--- Regaining my sanity --- one ride at time

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1925

Posted 8/25/2011 9:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said... 
Anyways we're way off topic, if some one wants to create a thread discussing the concept of a war room you're welcome to, but theres no plans to have one in the new forum.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 8/25/2011 9:21 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Maybe they can have their War Room if they change name. Suggestions:

BS
In the Gutter
Pub Talk

or ...

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/25/2011 9:28 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
RedDog said...
Maybe they can have their War Room if they change name. Suggestions:

BS
In the Gutter
Pub Talk

or ...

It is possible that the name War Room sort of implies a more negative attitude. Maybe something that was a bit more loose and less threatening would keep things a bit more in check and attract less trolling.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 8/25/2011 9:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

War and peace room? It may keep people out due to the nature of how long and boring the book was..... Theres always the soapbox,the watercooler,or the  U.S.S. Footle Obiter Dictum......(this thread is a sinking ship so I thought Id name it....pretty good name huh Rich?)

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
track hack? 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc? who knows,cant decide....
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 8/25/2011 12:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've been told by our tech team we need a group of users to do some beta testing of our new forum software. If you are interested in testing it out and offering feedback send me a message and I'll get you in.

You must have a mymoto account to access the new forum.

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 8/25/2011 5:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Rich_S said...
Not sure why it is such a popular thing for motorcycle forums.

although i don't care either way whether there's a war room or not, i don't get it either because i come to a motorcycle forum mainly to talk about motorcycle. if i want to talk about politics, religion, etc., i would rather do it at those types of forums and yes, there's a ton of those very specific forums available on the net too.

i don't think i've ever post anything in the war room when it was around but it won't bother me if it's brought back. i'm still in charge and in control of my choice to participate or not. like a radio or a tv, if you don't like it, change the channel or turn it off. you are not force to engage just because it's available.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 10/28/2011 8:23 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
How much longer Rich? The spammers are going nutso lately. French spam? I wonder if it tastes better? lol From the beta testing I can say the new forum is going to be great guys. Limits posts to keep the useless spamers at bay. All around a better deal,cant wait.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
 2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 10/28/2011 9:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
How much longer Rich? The spammers are going nutso lately. French spam? I wonder if it tastes better? lol From the beta testing I can say the new forum is going to be great guys. Limits posts to keep the useless spamers at bay. All around a better deal,cant wait.

We're pretty close. Just tying up some loose ends small glitches etc.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/3/2012 12:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Alright, forum update. Dates are being set to make the new forum a reality. The aim is for late January.

We had some one leave a bit ago so we've been sorting out a few of the interface issues that were left over.

So far things are being adjusted and looking good.

Make sure you're signed up for a mymoto account to make the transition smooth. smile

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 1/3/2012 1:28 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sounds good to me and I won't miss that War Room.

Here By the Bonfire is just fine for BS'ing.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009

Posted 1/19/2012 4:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Word on the street says new forum in about a week or so.