Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Christmas Shopping  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 12/21/2011 8:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A married couple had been out christmas shopping at the mall for most of the afternoon, suddenly,
the wife realized that her husband had "disappeared".

The somewhat irate spouse called her mate's cell phone and demanded:

"Where the hell are you?"

Husband: "Darling you remember that Jewellery shop where you saw the Diamond Necklace and
totally fell in love with it and I didn't have money that time and said Baby it'll be yours one day?"

Wife, with a smile blushing: "Yes I remember that, my Love."

Husband: "Well, I'm in the Pub next to that shop." yeah

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Richard47
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 12/21/2011 10:02 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I sympathise with the husband! Our family has had a moratorium on buying presents this year, except for baby Emily and Charlie the dog of course. And very liberating it is too.

In case you think we are a bunch of skinflints, tell me truthfully, how many of you can remember what you got last year and from whom? I'm sure I can't.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 12/21/2011 2:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Richard47 said...

I sympathise with the husband! Our family has had a moratorium on buying presents this year, except for baby Emily and Charlie the dog of course. And very liberating it is too.

In case you think we are a bunch of skinflints, tell me truthfully, how many of you can remember what you got last year and from whom? I'm sure I can't.

Ditto here. I did buy 1 present for my daughter but that's it.

Good one RD.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

GAJ
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2007
Total Posts : 6845

Posted 12/21/2011 2:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
lol lol lol

I love giving gifts at Christmas...or any time...especially to younger folks that have a lot of needs, (unlike us old farts who pretty much have everything we "need").

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/21/2011 3:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I got nothing richard. Just like the year before that. lol Kids get presents,me and the missus get headaches. lol
Good joke,its pretty close to what happened back a few weeks with me. Except,the missus dedcided it was a fine idea and joined in.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 12/21/2011 3:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There are several stages of a man's life as regards Santa Claus.

First - you believe in Santa Claus

Second - you don't believe i Santa Claus

Third - you ARE Santa Claus

Fourth - you begin to look like Santa Claus

As my Daughter is 23, my Son is 21, My grandson is 2 and my Granddaughter is 7 months - I am firmly in the "You ARE Santa Claus" phase.  Both of those young families are just getting started and have houses to supply.  I gave my daughter a skillet for Christmas (among other things),,, the girl did not have a decent skillet with a good tight fitting lid shakehead. Big fun.

I got m'lady a nice pair of emerald earrings.  The best presents for girls come in small boxes.

She spilled the beans on my gift.  I let her know that I wanted a copy of that new TT3D movie, so she checked it out.  It's only available in Euro-DVD format.  So basically I gave her an excuse to go buy a new super-duper DVD player, and she may have gotten me the movie.  Or something else from Amazon.UK.  We'll see.

Honestly I am the most excited about Christmas that I've been since I was about 7 years old.  Both kids in town, both of my foster boys are around.  Grandson is 2 (forget that "terrible 2" crap, I love 2, it's a great year).  And I'm playing Cello at church on Christmas Eve,

God bless us every one!

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

GeoffG
Instant Classic

Date Joined Jun 2003
Total Posts : 10791

Posted 12/21/2011 3:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Richard47 said...
I sympathise with the husband! Our family has had a moratorium on buying presents this year, except for baby Emily and Charlie the dog of course. And very liberating it is too.

Been doing that for years. We give gifts to the young ones (nieces and nephews), but the adults don't expect anything (although we'll usually give small things, food items, that kind of stuff). Hell, even as an atheist I'm disgusted at the consumer frenzy that Christmas has become.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 12/21/2011 4:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Casper, I tried the we need the super cool dvd player for tt3d. LOL awesome.

current hacks

1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 12/21/2011 5:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Liked that one RD & the husband was a good thinker, wife would have to give that more thought a few yrs later on in life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 12/22/2011 7:52 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Christmas is SO overdone. There's some leaving for Little Rock going shopping here, I am that guy in the joke and
nice to see that there are more of us. See you in the bar/pub fellows.

We're striving for simple and basic. That for us is a nice family dinner that can last for hours,
coffee and something and cakes, desert. Playing simple games and have fun. Then in the morning, we all run around in
PJs and nibble on Christmas Dinner, which in this house is pork ribs, Norwegian lefse, lingonberry, spiked with something
we all like. Wife normally attacks a big puzzle game. But we restrict presents to some limited few.

I'm am SO with many comments here.

RedDog

Ulster Chris
Registered Member

Date Joined Dec 2011
Total Posts : 16

Posted 12/23/2011 12:58 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for reminding me that I need to pick up a rear brake piston kit in the morning. Will give me something to do over Christmas :)

Keeping between the hedges - www.nomidlifecrisis.wordpress.com

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 12/24/2011 8:25 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Sweet task!

BTW Santa was here and delivered a 24" LED Samsung monitor!
That's what I got for sitting in the pub~

RedDog

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 12/24/2011 11:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Fair trade that RD.

current hacks

1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003

Posted 12/24/2011 12:14 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Absolute!

And my son tried wrapping it up, but he didn't have the gift - thus I have it on already. I feel like a kid with a new toy!
Nice upgrade.

I guess most of you have to wait till tomorrow morning opening your presents?

RedDog