Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > No Christmas bonus again, not even a candy bar. Guess who is the fault,...... Oblama.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 12/21/2011 6:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Key Stone Cops, (Congress), don't seem to be for Americans. 

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 12/22/2011 10:58 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I hear you ZX. Without getting too political or controversial, my thinking going into this next election cycle, and I'm really trying to push this, is NO INCUMBENTS. They all need to go. Most of us (except for the corporate executive scumbags, that is) is getting torched by the very people who are supposed to have our best interests in mind, but instead they are serving their own twisted agendas. And I hear people say, "but there is nothing we can do." Well, there is one thing we can do. CAST YOUR VOTE and get these clowns out of office. I figure what the hell, it can't get any worse; if we keep these idiots in their seats they will sink us for sure. Just something to think about.

And that's all I have to say about that... 

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 12/22/2011 1:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You guys do understand that "Oblama" is not in Congress, right? He also wasn't the decision maker on your Christmas bonus.

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 12/22/2011 3:15 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Casper is correct.

Raptor, unfortunately even if you vote these clowns out of Congress, their place will be taken by other clowns. The fact that we've allowed it to become a circus is the shame and what needs to be reversed.

Ed__S
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2004
Total Posts : 730

Posted 12/22/2011 5:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
thesoapster said...
Casper is correct.

Raptor, unfortunately even if you vote these clowns out of Congress, their place will be taken by other clowns. The fact that we've allowed it to become a circus is the shame and what needs to be reversed.
Exactly!  I feel strongly that it is practically impossible for a person to achieve national office w/o bowing to one of the parties, and becoming corrupted in the process. And if THAT impossibility somehow happens, what could he/she do? N-O-T-H-I-N-G, that's what.  (At least not until he/she gives in to the rest, becoming one of them.)

For significant change to occur, the above would have to happens hundreds of times practically simultaneously.  
NOW we're talking completely & totally impossible.

St Louis, Missouri
~~~~~~~~~~~
1986 Suzuki Cavalcade LXE (x2)
1986 Cavalcade LXE TRIKE
1986 Cavalcade LX  (sidecar rig)
1987 Cavalcade LXE (project bike)
1988 Cavalcade LX (soon for sale)

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 12/22/2011 6:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think a lot of good would happen if there was a way to block elected officials from getting money from private companies/groups. Not ones they may have started before taking office, but for instance, getting on some company's board, getting "gifts", etc. There are far too many in Washington that vote in the interest of their friends and not for those who actually put them in office!

06victory
Registered Member

Date Joined Oct 2009
Total Posts : 18

Posted 12/22/2011 7:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Abolish lobbiest. The people with big money push congress buttons with there lobbiest. also stop all piggy backing bills.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/22/2011 8:24 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007

Posted 12/22/2011 8:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
victory, not all lobbyists are bad. There are lobbyists for personal liberties etc. However, when corporate entities have lobbyists and those entities are effectively buying our politicians through various legal means it leads to some of the ridiculous things we have now.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 12/22/2011 9:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Vote Republicabs - End Medicare
Just for the Halibut

Oh I am so with Casper

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 12/24/2011 6:22 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
this would be a good start, but they need a guillotine. I'd start with anybody who has made a campaign donation over $100 and go from there. Ok, over $1.ooo

I'll agree with ZX on one thing though,,, ""The Key Stone Cops, (Congress), don't seem to be for Americans."" Yep,,, 1/2 the gov is trying to bring the pain. Mitch McConnell told us what his #1 priority was a long time ago. Hint,,, it ain't jobs.

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

Post Edited (Casper) : 12/24/2011 9:45:24 PM GMT

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 12/24/2011 3:53 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Casper said...
el SID said...
this would be a good start, but they need a guillotine. I'd start with anybody who has made a campaign donation over $100 and go from there. Ok, over $1.ooo

I'll agree with ZX on one thing though,,, ""The Key Stone Cops, (Congress), don't seem to be for Americans."" Yep,,, 1/2 the gov is trying to bring the pain. Mitch McConnell told us what his #1 priority was a long time ago. Hint,,, it ain't jobs.

"Ooh, there's no bread, let 'em eat cake
There's no end to what they'll take
Flaunt the fruits of noble birth
Wash the salt into the earth
But they're marching to Bastille Day.
La guillotine will claim her bloody prize.
Free the dungeons of the innocent
The king will kneel
And let his kingdom rise."

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 12/25/2011 7:57 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It would be the only solution to the simple problem. Crooked Capitalism has rotted our Democracy, unfortunately, it doesnt seem to be ending anytime soon. And until Americans stand up and enforce a change, (it is a govenment by the people for the people ,which to me means if we let it happen it will), it isnt ending. The thing is,everyone has a price, so until a handful of honest men and women are found, it is the way it will always be.
Every great empire must fall. We are in the ebb of that maelstrom. Very sad thing, lotsa good honest folks died to make this place a great marvel of the modern world,and to have rotted away by a simple thing such as greed,is just a tragedy.

current hacks

1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Easy Rider 2
Central Illinois / Central Florida

Date Joined Dec 2009
Total Posts : 2259

Posted 12/25/2011 10:33 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
el SID said...
Every great empire must fall. We are in the ebb of that maelstrom. Very sad thing, lotsa good honest folks died to make this place a great marvel of the modern world,and to have rotted away by a simple thing such as greed,is just a tragedy.
Throughout history, NO great society has survived long term.

Some, we don't know why they failed and disappeard.

Of those that are documented, most all have failed due to a voilent upheaval, either by the downtrodden masses or from natural causes.

Some would have you believe than neither is possible for us, US; those are the people you should not trust.

'06 Suzuki S50 (VS800)
'07 Honda Shadow VLX 600

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 12/25/2011 11:18 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Agreed Easy.

current hacks

1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1