Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Merry Christmas, with no snow.  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/25/2011 8:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yeah, I know. Unreal. SOOOOoooo, I got new gloves! Its going to be 39 degrees with 20 to 30 mph winds today. Im going to freeze,but never ridden on Christmas,so its a first for me. The VFR is protesting a bit on the choke right now,hahaha. Of course they are summer gloves. Astars GP pros,nice. In cold weather I cant imagine its going to be good, who cares. Merry Christmas to all.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 12/25/2011 9:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Umm yeah,that sucked. Back on the stands. Yeeesh. Cold. Gloves felt good,in the garage. LOL. Box checked,moving on.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 12/25/2011 9:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No snow here in Hampshire UK. It's a mild 52F right now. You should get some heated grips, Sid. I got some last year and now I don't have to wear bulky gloves any more, something I don't like to do. Toasty hands!

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 12/25/2011 12:54 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Best to all of you, but up in this part of Canada most of ski slopes are in operation along with snow in other mountains (the melt off come spring time is our drinking water) pluse some on all the roads.

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

RedDog
Retired SportBike Bum

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 13635

Posted 12/25/2011 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No snow here either, but we may get some the next 2 days before we get into the 50s again.

RedDog
Think Ahead! Travel Light & Leave Your Fears Behind You!
Normal People Scare me! Travel Light and Leave Your Fears Behind You!

Bullet
That guy

Date Joined Apr 2008
Total Posts : 720

Posted 12/25/2011 7:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No snow here in N.E. Ohio either. It was a pretty nice day but the bike has been in storage for about 2 months now.

"Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

thesoapster
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2007
Total Posts : 1408

Posted 12/25/2011 8:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It's pretty warm here...30s at night, mid to high 40s in the day. If it was just a little warmer...

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 12/26/2011 2:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
45 and sunny in southern Ohio. I got out and rode for an hour today,,, nice.

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

AK Duc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 922

Posted 12/27/2011 12:56 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
YAY, we had a white Christmas. Yeah, kinda funny me going on about it seeing how I'm in Alaska and all but...

A few weeks ago we had 50f temps with 50mph winds and then a little over a week ago 40f with 40mph winds! Tough on us winter lovin folk!

It snowed for a couple days before and through Christmas. Tougher driving around but oh so beautiful!

Hope you all had a nice Christmas and now on to a wonderfully Happy New Year!

Have fun, Mark H.

My Ride Reports

CaddmannQ
Random Moto-geek

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 17674

Posted 12/27/2011 5:05 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Here it was sunny and warm. We "did" Christmas a day early, so I was on my own Christmas day.

I messed around in the garage & went for a little ride.

"When in doubt, ride."
Cadd................................Clovis CA
2004 Nomad 1500............"Baggins"
qmann at asdiengr dot com
http://hooligancruisers.proboards102.com

MotoMan1
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2012
Total Posts : 7

Posted 1/25/2012 10:45 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The snow has finally come! At least in the Northwest that is.