Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Snow, at last we have some, Thanks to you guys from Canada!  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/7/2012 1:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A small storm only 2" or a fraction of a meter. 51.3 milimeters.

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

AK Duc
Alaska Born Ducatisti

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2005
Total Posts : 922

Posted 1/8/2012 12:09 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Cool. Congrats!

We got a bunch. Yay! Valdez and Cordova are on track to maybe even break all time records!

Planning on going snowboarding tomorrow myself. Fun!

Warmest regards from WAY up north, Mark H.

My Ride Reports

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 1/8/2012 3:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
52 degrees on friday, 45 yesterday, no accumulation of snow whatsoever, here in the murder mitten.

Best bike out is the one Im on,sod the rest lmao
current hacks

1996 honda vfr
2012 tuono rsv4 aprc on order baby.... march 2012
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125 I have broken her back. I feel guilty. she may have to be laid to rest.

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/8/2012 3:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
AK Duc said...
Cool. Congrats!

We got a bunch. Yay! Valdez and Cordova are on track to maybe even break all time records!

Planning on going snowboarding tomorrow myself. Fun!

Warmest regards from WAY up north, Mark H.

Well pack the deck of the next Super Tanker with as much snow as will stay there...And ship it this way.   It could sell for as much as the oil does.

California should be making headlines...with this drought, cattle aren't getting range feed, because the grass is not the grass they need.

And come spring, the Agri Business that relys on Aquifers will be paying rates (rates go up as Aquifers go down) that will kill some growers.  And we have no snow in the Sierra,  that's the water bank, that feeds the lakes as they get drained to the Agri irrigation, and the snow melt replenishes the lakes.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

Richard47
Registered Member

Date Joined Sep 2004
Total Posts : 5552

Posted 1/9/2012 2:49 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
We've hardly had a winter here so far. I've just seen somebody walking their dog, wearing just a tee shirt. January the 9th and wearing a tee shirt? That's not right. It would be a nice day for a ride, if the bike wasn't in bits right now.

Toilet Brush Dog Owner

RaptorFA
'11 Suzuki GSX1250FA

Date Joined Jun 2011
Total Posts : 493

Posted 1/9/2012 9:20 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
louemc said...

Well pack the deck of the next Super Tanker with as much snow as will stay there...And ship it this way.   It could sell for as much as the oil does.

California should be making headlines...with this drought, cattle aren't getting range feed, because the grass is not the grass they need.

And come spring, the Agri Business that relys on Aquifers will be paying rates (rates go up as Aquifers go down) that will kill some growers.  And we have no snow in the Sierra,  that's the water bank, that feeds the lakes as they get drained to the Agri irrigation, and the snow melt replenishes the lakes.

My how the door swings! Last year they were jumping up and down around here because they didn't know what to do with all the water we got - now I can hear the parched Earth drought talk already. It just never ends... shakehead

Regards -

RaptorFA
Play Hard, Ride Safe

Smitty
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 22123

Posted 1/10/2012 1:44 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

We Canucks are a forgiving lot, to really not that much snow on most of our roads, to so many passes to the west, north or east have been closed.

I know RD was up with his reason of this being a COLD WINTER, by not the best of info.  This has been a mild winter to us, BUT when listening to the TV man this is going to be a COLD WINTER, so we are assumin it might be cold in February or March.

With the busted up ribs, tack on the left hip that was repaired some yrs ago & since crushed by the safety of the seat belt. I felt I would have to count on the All Wheel Drive of my Subaru.  So far all has worked fine.  To even some h/gun shooters making it up & down the steep road to the range on a two wheel drive only.  Which tells you that there is not that much snow.

STILL according to the Trans Canada Highway people they have had to close some parts to many of the snow slides that have taken over some parts of the roads.  Tack on some cross crountry skiing people to also one chap that came down a NO SKIING section lost his life.  Both of the deaths were Americans flowen to the take off point & that is costly.  So far (touch wood) no snowmobile people have been killed in avalanches like so many were last year, bur then the season is not over yet is it?

Remember all the others on the road are crazy & out to kill you.

Budoka
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 938

Posted 1/13/2012 1:43 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Smitty the snow pack is very unstable in lots of areas in the Caribous and Monashees, there's more awareness but it only takes one group to get caught. The mountain sleds go so much farther back into the alpine backcountry that we used to it's no wonder they trigger slides. AK Duc you guys are getting our share and then some, it's bone dry here in most cases when we normally have a nice deep blanket by now. Even if we do get lots of snow in the regions that are so bare, there will be little absorbtion come spring as the frost is going to cause the melt to run off rather than sink in. That's better than no runoff, but not what we need to replenish the water table.

I never get lost, there's always lots of people telling me where to go!