Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Around the Campfire > Cougers  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 1/19/2012 7:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Canyon School district in Utah will not allow the name Cougers. It has something to do with older gals that have sex with young males. Seems it is a big problem. Will heaters be banned too? Us old guys are just called perverts. Gay is not happy, Fag is no longer a cig, what next? My English teacher was a heater in high school, she was hot, hot. Learned new words that can't be repeated.

Asphalt, the greatest tattoo remover.

Post Edited (ZX Rider) : 1/20/2012 10:49:24 PM GMT

Meanie_Intruder
Posted a Pic of a Man Thong

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 2099

Posted 1/20/2012 9:24 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The political correctness within this country is the most asinine issue on the books. I say "EFF them all" and use them just to piss them off even more.

An intelligent person does not need the promise of a heaven to see the merit in good deeds.

Casper
The teddy bear of doom,,,

Date Joined Sep 2006
Total Posts : 4099

Posted 1/20/2012 12:39 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Must be a Utah thing. Couple schools around here are the "Cougars". Sounds like there's some Bible/Book of Mormon thmpin' going on. 

When I was a student at Jefferson Davis Jr. High the sports teams were "The Rebels", but now it's the Bulldogs. I can understand that,,,

http://dav.sbo.hampton.k12.va.us/

The world's a funny place,
full of funny people,
doing funny things.

Rich_S
MCUSA Staff

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : -537

Posted 1/20/2012 1:01 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Casper said...
Must be a Utah thing. Couple schools around here are the "Cougars". Sounds like there's some Bible/Book of Mormon thmpin' going on. 

When I was a student at Jefferson Davis Jr. High the sports teams were "The Rebels", but now it's the Bulldogs. I can understand that,,,

http://dav.sbo.hampton.k12.va.us/

I think a lot of those are grandfathered in, I think any new ones the name is avoided. Sort of like how sports teams used to use native american themes and now some have been changed or made some sort of agreement to keep it.

For all your motorcycle news and motorcycle reviews - Motorcycle-usa.com

eli iceman
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 604

Posted 1/20/2012 7:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
care full the thought police are watching.

eli iceman
Registered Member

Date Joined Apr 2007
Total Posts : 604

Posted 1/20/2012 7:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
if an older woman who goes for younger guys is called a cougar what do you call an older man who likes young boys.

A Nittany Lion?

Budoka
Registered Member

Date Joined Feb 2009
Total Posts : 938

Posted 1/21/2012 2:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

eli that's just nastyfreaked lol 

I can be polite when I want to be depending  on the circumstances, but as far as politically correct goes, it's isn't in my repertoire. While I disapprove of profiling or slander based on race or preferrence or (gasp) religion, name changes for the sake of 'politics' just plain pi$$es me off! I have no use for certain "delicate sensibilities"devil

"You're making me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" Bruce Banner/The Hulk

I never get lost, there's always lots of people telling me where to go!

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/22/2012 1:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Amen brother.
Budoka said...

eli that's just nastyfreaked lol 

I can be polite when I want to be depending  on the circumstances, but as far as politically correct goes, it's isn't in my repertoire. While I disapprove of profiling or slander based on race or preferrence or (gasp) religion, name changes for the sake of 'politics' just plain pi$$es me off! I have no use for certain "delicate sensibilities"devil

"You're making me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!" Bruce Banner/The Hulk

jon
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2004
Total Posts : 5959

Posted 1/22/2012 2:04 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
ZX Rider said...
Canyon School district in Utah will not allow the name Cougers.

the woman at the 14 second mark must not be part of the school board:

Post Edited (jon) : 1/22/2012 9:08:43 PM GMT

louemc
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2003
Total Posts : 17483

Posted 1/24/2012 3:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
This is just bazar...A Utah town (Logan I think) comes up with this, can't use the term Cougar, which is a popular Mountain cat, image for a mascot that is quick and a fighter...because it has become a term for an older woman - Younger man romance.

This from a state that is famous for older men, having young wives.
Even BYU is tagged as Breed em Young University.

And Warren Jeffs is in prison for what he was doing (and arranging) with 12 year old girls.

And one Polygamist said God had told him it was time to take another wife...and it was his 12 year old daughter.

Utah is becoming #1 in the nation, for being a laughing stock, and that ain't easy....The hills of Tennessee held the crown for so long...they are tough to beat.

Focus the forces, Be The Force

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010

Posted 1/24/2012 5:21 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I know many religious folks that find this disgusting. Evil people hide behind religion to do unthinkable things. Where there is opportunity, the sickos come running in. Wait?....... is sicko good or bad?