Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Bashan 150-17 scooter  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
147 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

GinasMuffins
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 4

Posted 6/10/2010 3:03 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My goodness, I'm new to scootering and I've been doing my research for a couple weeks now on the good, the bad, and the ugly. Like another user said, I'm glad I came across this thread. Including this, I now belong to 3 message boards and everyone is so ridiculously helpful to newbies such as myself and I couldn't be more grateful.

I've been tossing around the idea of buying a Bashan from Green Earth Scooters and initially I wrote them off because of a few bad reviews I've seen on their customer service. (Not answering calls, not returning messages, etc)

I went onto their website and called their 888 number and a lady picked up within the first 2 rings, she answered very impromtu, the kind where you question if you called someones cell phone on accident. I just quickly asked a question about their scooters and that was it; so I don't know why people say they have problems with getting ahold of them, I think thats BS.

Anyway, I've noticed that TriumphGuy's grand-daughter has had no major problems with her Bashan, and it's good to hear that because that has tipped Green Earth Scooters into my realm of purchasing possibility; and by that I mean I am 98% I will purchase the 150 Biella from them.

I'm not too mechanically inclined, though with having a variety of off-road vehicles with their own variety of problems, I learn as they happen and look forward to becoming handy with a wrench and scooter. With crossed fingers though, I hope I won't have to deal with any major problems. Every day wear and tear is what I'm hoping for.

So THANK YOU guys for keeping this thread up for so long, I'm glad it's still going!

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 6/12/2010 11:54 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Grand Daughter only weighs 100 lbs, a heavier rider may impose a greater load on the gear/motor train. Outside material doesn't equal the standard of Vespa or any of the Japanese brands. With that in mind are the engine parts of lesser quality? There are a poop load of Chinese scooter plants. BMS upgrades the China scoots and supplies parts as needed. Many parking lot dealers say it is a Honda engine. True, the 150cc is an old AN-6 design that only pure Honda dealers may access, maybe. There are very few Honda only dealers around. My information is sketchy at best. If you want a quality, reliable scooter go with Vespa or pure Japanese. In the early days of Japanese imports, the importers only brought in the cheap, lowly junk. The cameras they had where far superior to what the US had in the 50's, 60's and even today. China makes good products, finding them in the US is up to the profit mongers that mark up junk as quality. No problem with BMS except for fuel filter routing that was on the suction side instead of the pressure side. New, the fuel tank was full of contaminates.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted 6/13/2010 7:17 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I've had my Bashan close to two years and as you read, had one major problem. I fixed it myself, with a little help from my friends, and it's running great. Only 2760 miles so far, but support from the people I bought it from and parts from other sources was a snap. Last fall I got a drive belt from partsforscooters.com in two days. My scooter is the same model as the Biella 150. Bashan builds their motors in house, producing a million engines a year. They don't buy them from outside sources which leads to quality issues. They also stay on top of the latest motor building techniques and put the 1P57QMJ engine in many of their scooters which produces more torque and is a peppier ride.

No I'm not a salesman. Yes I am a fan.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 7/28/2010 9:08 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
In case anybody is keeping track it's been two years since TG asked about buying a China scoot for his Grand Daughter. Since then, he bought one for himself, his GD has gone close to 6,000 miles on hers and I guess everyone who thought it would end up badly has had to think it over. Mine is still running too, although I only have 3,000 miles. But it needs a rear tire. I have to do it-soon-State inspection is in August.

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 7/28/2010 6:48 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
They don't leak oil like the old Harleys, but have issues on assembly and parts. Plastics are fragile and age very soon. They are good bang for the buck but have not equaled the Japanese or Itialans yet. The Vespa is a proven machine and dead reliable on delivery for thousands of miles.
Kz1000st said...
In case anybody is keeping track it's been two years since TG asked about buying a China scoot for his Grand Daughter. Since then, he bought one for himself, his GD has gone close to 6,000 miles on hers and I guess everyone who thought it would end up badly has had to think it over. Mine is still running too, although I only have 3,000 miles. But it needs a rear tire. I have to do it-soon-State inspection is in August.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 7/31/2010 8:04 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can't argue about the plastic crumbling but parts aren't that hard to come by. www.partsforscooters.com They have tons of stuff, deliver quickly and don't sell junk. I bought a Gates Powerlink belt from them for a real low price and it got to me from Florida in two days.

offersking
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2010
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/5/2010 1:59 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ya ! I Agree . That is Very goog scooter, Its very faster than other scooter.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1926

Posted 10/10/2010 6:38 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
After modifing the fuel system the Zeng can reach 50mph in less than a half block. It's a fun ride and much faster than the 50cc Honda,(Circa 1960). The Chrome Honda 50 is due for a complete make over and have a small huffer to add. Maybe about 20hp.

Asphalt the greatest tattoo remover.

tannedgator
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2011

Posted 1/17/2011 2:46 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well I've been waitin to brag or bitch about the Bashan 150 VIP future champion scooter
I puchased one off craigslist for $540 that a guy had dumped then he replaced the plastics and painted it. It had only 149 miles on it when I got it and had been sittin sense 2008. I had to solder a wire on the back of the head light socket and put new bulbs in and a spark plug clean the carb mixed some Sentinal with a tank of gas and off she went.
I've sense put over 900 miles on her and I run 60+ mph all the time. The only issue I can complain about so far is that it seems that the belt slips a lil on take offs I can smell the rubber so maybe some belt dressing like that used on a riding lawn mower would cure this
OH YEA if someone on here could tell me what the model# is and were I can get a service manual for this sweet lil bugger it would be great 

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
005.JPG
  1.13Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 800 time(s).
Image Attachment :
Image Preview
152.JPG
  1.10Mb (image/pjpeg)
This image has been viewed 1282 time(s).

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 1/18/2011 9:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
http://forum.motor-scooters-guide.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=83

This will help you. These manuals have most of the basics.

tannedgator
Registered Member

Date Joined Jan 2011

Posted 1/18/2011 11:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
 hey man
 Thanks for the site info, But I found a site ware I downloaded a hole manual for a Chinese 150 scooter that is the same as the Bashan 150 a lil different front plastics but all the same chit mechanically from acesportsonline.com

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/10/2011 9:49 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Grand Daughter needs a new front tire and tune up. Guess what I'll be this weekend. After fixing up her Honda car with awesome sound system she want's the Bashun back in good order to ride. The weather is improving and for some reason she took my advise not to ride in bad weather. A warm car with sound will beat out riding in a torture enviroment. It wasn't a hard sell. She is eager to ride the scooter again.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 3/12/2011 8:31 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Unless she's making six digits I'm sure she's also looking forward to saving money in gas. Sixty plus mpg for the scooter is probably at least twice what she's getting in the Honda. Front tire shot? What's that, about 7,500 miles?

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/12/2011 1:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

For some reason her Bashun just keeps putting along. I haven't that kind of luck with the Znen. Her front tire has weather rot plus no more tread. Last time I looked at the speedo she was over 6K miles.

Our KZ1000 project is doing well. Just need the crankshaft that was loaned to another drag racer to complete. It's 1260cc running around 45lbs boost on 50/50 nitro and alc. It hasen't been running for 10 years, it's an old 2 valve but can pack a serious punch. Last time it ran it did a low 7 @195mph. on just alc in the 1/4. the ZX-14 is a pit bike now along with the Znen. Almost to 38K miles on the 14, just to many miles for racing without a major re-do.

Post Edited (Triumph Guy) : 3/12/2011 11:00:33 PM GMT

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/25/2011 9:09 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

Stay away from Green Earth Scooters if you care about your money.Bought from them a Dash 50.Sent me a piece of junk,disconnected hoses,wires damaged body parts and doesn't run.They (their so called customer service) never respond to phone or email contacts,have been trying to get some kind of response for over 3 months.Ended taking the scooter to a local shop and paid a couple hundred to get it fixed.

If you care about your money stay away from these scammers.See what the BBB has to say about them

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/motor-scooters-dealers/aa-power-sports-in-dallas-tx-90232796

and other buyers of their scooters

http://www.ripoffreport.com/motorcycles/www-greenearthscoote/www-greenearthscooters-com-gre-97ea3.htm

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 3/26/2011 5:03 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm sorry but all these whining complaints at Scootdawg (which I answered cry baby), here and at the Ripoff report, come from you. Obviously you couldn't assemble a scooter in a crate and now you're crying every place you can because you had to pay someone to do it for you. If you had done your research first you would have found out that all online scooters come with some assembly required and that you should have gone to a dealer and bought one "fully loaded". Then again, what would you have had to cry about? As for the BBB, I don't listen to them anymore. The world is filled with little whiners like you that slime up people's reputation.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/26/2011 7:42 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
You need to know how to twist a wrench on anything that you want to ride. I had the luck of crate assembly on the first CB-750 Honda in Europe. It was at a Honda dealer in Frankfurt.

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011

Posted 3/26/2011 7:43 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

The scooter is fully assembled but it does not run and there are damaged parts.Let's assume that I am indeed a left handed ass that could not put together 2 screws as you say.What about your customer support as you post on your web site (I am quoting it below)?

"We do offer live tech support over the phone or by email to help you with any questions from first time start up, to warranty claims or questions and beyond. Once you're a customer, you're always a customer. It's just that simple!! ..."nono

There is neither live nor dead customer support ,not via phone nor email - nothing.

What about your return policy?How can an item be returned if you don't answer neither the phone or email and do not authorize it?

"You may return your product to us within 7 days after taking receipt of the item. Your only responsibility is to get it back to us and pay a modest 10% restock fee. Now, some common sense does apply here..."

And about the BBB,of course they are a bunch of no goods.Why would someone care about the overall experience customers have with a certain business and not take the word of the business owner (like you) that they are excellent?I would take your word over theirs a million times...

I indeed lost a couple of hundred dollars with your scooter but hopefully you will lose a bit more from my postings.

Just google up your business name from time to time and see what comes up.The internet is full of surprises...yeah

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 3/26/2011 12:16 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
First off, I'm not them. I did talk to Trent at length one time, That's right Trent. He's been there forever. Maybe you don't know how to use a phone as well as tools. Are you sure you even called the place? How about the numbers I gave you for Peace Industries, the parent company? Did you call them? Or did they not answer as part of your little "there's nobody there" conspiracy. Better. Did you call on a Saturday or Sunday when nobody would be there to answer the phones? If this wasn't a Saturday I'd call just to show you how WRONG you are.
Nice try though trying to make me look like I worked Green Earth. If you had done a little research here you'd find out I bought my scooter from GS Motorworks, something I tell the little buttheads at Scootdawg to do all the time. That's right, I'm the same KZ1000st, member since 2008, long before there was a Green Earth scooters. Oh, and I also live in upstate New York, not Dallas,TX or Norcross, South Carolina.
As for you Whiner. Wait until Monday and I talk to Green Earth. I'll get a name from someone in Tech Support and show everyone here and at Scootdawg how you don't know how to use the phone. E-mail? You probably can't use that either. Who's doing this for you now?

No wait! I just figured this out. You were such a whining PIA their caller ID was set to block you. Get a clue for the rest of your life. Isn't technology wonderful. I'll bet you didn't have any real trouble at all but raised such a stink they got tired of listening. A couple of hundred at a bike shop-peanuts. You probably had crud in your carb and they charged you to take off all the plastic, pull it and reassemble. Two hours at shop rate will cost two hundred with tax and bits.

Post Edited (Kz1000st) : 3/26/2011 7:32:16 PM GMT

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011

Posted 3/26/2011 2:11 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If you are not one of 'them' as you claim you are (which I very much doubt) what the fxxk is this your business?Go get a life,get back to your hole in the ground and don't fxxk around with other people's problems.Seems to me that you are the same material with 'them' - you both have the same stuff in your head as well as in your axx.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 3/26/2011 5:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Nice use of language sissy. Nope. Monday I'll call and blow your stupid statement about not being to get through to Green Earth out of the water. You see, people who run around telling half baked stories upsets me. Swearing at me won't keep me from uncovering what a little whiner you really are. You couldn't get a fully assembled scooter to run? Who has sawdust in his head? You or the guy who's put together three Bashans out of the crate and got them running, that would be me by the way since you need everything explained to you. Why is it my business? Because you came here spreading your untruths and now your the one losing it under the spotlight, which only shows how thin your little fairy tale really is.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 3/26/2011 7:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
So Im confused.... His name says greenearthscootersfan,but he really is a foulmouthedjerkwhocantturnawrench.... Nice first posts there.... Somebody musta of really pooped in his cheerios this a.m. So I take it you really arent a fan....
By the way greenearthscooterfan,YOU made it anybodys business by posting. So try to control yourself. If you want to bash prepare to get bashed back. Pretty simple.
By the way I googled it..... There were complaints,but everything gets complaints.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011

Posted 3/26/2011 7:25 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

All I can say to this nuckle head is fxxk you and stay out of this if it's not your business,go back to your hole and don't forget to take the daily dose of medicine to keep you from halucinating again tomorrow.jumpin

To all others considering Green Earth Scooters just check their record with the BBB :

http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/motor-scooters-dealers/aa-power-sports-in-dallas-tx-90232796

Ripoffreports.com:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/greenearthscooters-com.aspx

and other complaint boards:

Don't fall into the same trap as I did with them.

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 3/26/2011 7:40 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Same to you a$$hole,YOU made it everybodys buisness.
So someone cant have an opinion different than yours?
Why dont you leave? Return to your hole in ground. You really havent contributed much. I like kz,you on the other hand, leave much to be desired.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011

Posted 3/26/2011 8:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

So I see that what Kz1000st has seems to be contagious in this place,probably transferred as a STD or similar.Same wishes as I wished to him I wish to you my friend,my advice to you is to wear protecting gear next time you get read ended by him or your other buddies, otherwise you might get something uncurrable,I think what you got so far can still be treated by a decent shrink or with proper medication.

Keep me posted on your progress with the disease and if I run into some newer medications I will send them your contact.

burger