Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Bashan 150-17 scooter  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
147 posts in this thread.
Viewing Page :
 1  2  3  4  5  6 
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

el SID
merely a man equipped with a bag a seedless grapes

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 1947

Posted 3/26/2011 8:22 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Yep that's it I got an std on the Internet... whoa boy you are funny. Learn to spell. If you try really hard you might find the spell check. And I'm not your friend.

the best bike out.... is the one your on...
current hacks
1996 honda vfr
empty slot needing to be filled miss the "wing"
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2008
Total Posts : 351

Posted Yesterday 5:06 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
What I find amusing, no outright laughable, is that all these complaints he's linking to are from him. If he was in the middle of a dozen others then there would be something to think about. All I see is the ravings of one, inept joker who can't spin a wrench and should have bought his scooter from a B & M.

OH, BTW. AA Scooters Inc. is the parent company of GS Motorworks. Peace Industries is the parent company of Green Earth Scooters. AA was bought by Tao Tao America two years ago and now sells Tao Tao built products. Peace sells Bashan. Two totally different companies. If you did more than just shoot bullets at everyone in sight you'd know that.

Post Edited (Kz1000st) : 3/27/2011 12:10:05 PM GMT

GreenEarthScootersFan
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 6

Posted Yesterday 12:06 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

You my friends (KZ & el SID) seemed to have had an extended and intensive exchange of bodily fluids that significantly degraded your mental capabilities (that were pretty minimal to start with) therefore I am no longer going to respond to your senseless rantings.tongue

To the other readers of this forum and potential scooter buyers - I strongly advise to stay away from Green Earth Scooters

(GreenEarthScooters.com - whoever this company might be as per my knowledgeable friend Kz) and find a reputable and honest dealer
to do business with.nono

To my friends Kz & ed Sid I wish you full and expeditious recovery.

ben123
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2011
Total Posts : 1

Posted Yesterday 12:17 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

I concur with GreenEarthScootersFan (not with his style but the content) - stay away from Green Earth Scooters if you care about your money.I also got burned by them.

Seems that some of the posters in this forum are on their payroll and/or the owners themself.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 1926

Posted Yesterday 12:35 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Complaints noted and thanks. Much easier to learn from others misfortune than to make them yourself. You shouldn't need to be a mechanic for simple assembly. Check for fuel, spark, and compression. I would be ticked also if handed a lemon.
ben123 said...

I concur with GreenEarthScootersFan (not with his style but the content) - stay away from Green Earth Scooters if you care about your money.I also got burned by them.

Seems that some of the posters in this forum are on their payroll and/or the owners themself.

Asphalt the greatest tattoo remover.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted Yesterday 3:51 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Amazing that someone with 1 posting shows up right after the little bozo swears that he's not coming back to see when I call on Monday and disprove his rantings. TG, when you get a crate scooter it's a known fact that the Chinese still use leaded fuel. Sometimes the remains in the carb from them test running the engine turns to varnish and has to be cleaned out. Not just the Chinese either. Dealers of Taiwanese scooters face the same problem as one member in another forum attested to. They had to clean out the float on a TGB (Taiwan Golden Bee) with a small screwdriver because the carb was crudded up so badly with varnish. I don't believe that this last comedian is anything but the same guy with a different handle. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Numerous people have bought from Green Earth and had only minor problems, at worst. Even that cretin could only refer to complaints and ripoff reports written by him in desperation since there aren't enough to measure. As for the BBB, I don't view them as a credible source since numerous times the grade is based on satisfactory outcomes. With dopes like him around sometimes a company just can't provide a satisfactory outcome short of letting them keep the scooter and refunding all their money.

I stand by what I said. A little dope who should never have bought a scooter online because he can't problem solve. As his insults show he has minimal intelligence for anything but ranting.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted Today 8:05 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Final Word on This Green Earth Topic. I just called them and on the first ring Matt, one of their techs, picked up the phone and asked me how he could help. I told him that somebody CLAIMED they couldn't get in touch with anyone there, was testing myself and Thank You very much. So, unless foul mouth has a bad connection, or is telling tales, he didn't try very hard to get through. Matt said someone is always answering the phone there so he didn't understand what the problem was. I believe him before some obnoxious squirrel.

Now you guys know why the scooter population is so small. Who wants to be involved with people like this banana when there are so many nice motorcyclists in this world.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted Today 4:19 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why on earth would the Chinese use leaded fuel when is more expensive to make and hard on engines? Just asking, maybe tradition or some other weird reason. No lead can go bad also.
Kz1000st said...
Amazing that someone with 1 posting shows up right after the little bozo swears that he's not coming back to see when I call on Monday and disprove his rantings. TG, when you get a crate scooter it's a known fact that the Chinese still use leaded fuel. Sometimes the remains in the carb from them test running the engine turns to varnish and has to be cleaned out. Not just the Chinese either. Dealers of Taiwanese scooters face the same problem as one member in another forum attested to. They had to clean out the float on a TGB (Taiwan Golden Bee) with a small screwdriver because the carb was crudded up so badly with varnish. I don't believe that this last comedian is anything but the same guy with a different handle. I apologize if I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Numerous people have bought from Green Earth and had only minor problems, at worst. Even that cretin could only refer to complaints and ripoff reports written by him in desperation since there aren't enough to measure. As for the BBB, I don't view them as a credible source since numerous times the grade is based on satisfactory outcomes. With dopes like him around sometimes a company just can't provide a satisfactory outcome short of letting them keep the scooter and refunding all their money.

I stand by what I said. A little dope who should never have bought a scooter online because he can't problem solve. As his insults show he has minimal intelligence for anything but ranting.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted Today 5:47 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Im glad ben 123 chimed in and gave us his 2 bits worth, he got burned how?.... not surprised you got a hold of someone kz. Im sure those scoots are good enough. Me personally wont buy it if I cant ride it first.  If you are trying to get someone to listen to what you have to say,doesnt it go better if you dont insult the people you are trying to talk to? What a total waste of cyberspace that was.... sheesh.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted Today 6:32 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I don't know the reason why TG. Maybe it's cheaper to use lead as an anti knock compound than whatever they use now in unleaded. Like somebody once said, I only know what I hear.

I understand what you're saying Sid but in my case I was looking for a cheap scooter, I live in the boonies and the nearest China scoot dealer is over a hundred miles away. I bought online out of necessity, as do many people. I knew and accepted I was going to have to be my own mechanic on the thing. Besides, I had a feeling my wife would quickly out grow the scooter and, sure enough, she had me looking for a bike for her three weeks after we got it.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted Today 7:10 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had to go with 11-1 compression ratio on the ZX-14 because of fuel issues. If you use a hydrometer to measure the density, it varies wildley. It varies form one week to the next. 12.4 to one didn't work at all. Lead coats the sensor to make it not workable. The scooter required 91 Ocatane at minimum. The 0-2 sensor was a add on for the 14 as well as the MAP.

el SID

Date Joined Nov 2010

Posted 3/29/2011 4:15 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
No clue on the lead TG. But kz does have a point about the knock thing. I have to put lead additive in the fuel for 57 t bird. Hate that crap.Makes me drive the car though,otherwise it would gum up in a couple weeks. Without it I'd be scared of what may happen to the valve train, etc.
Honestly,Kz if you buy a scoot and think you're not going to be working on it a little,you live under a rock. Its mechanical stuff fails,sucks but its the deal.

current hacks
1996 honda vfr
1973 kawasaki h1
1998 suzuki rm 125

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 3/29/2011 7:26 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I totally agree Sid. If you go to any forum of any scooter brand you'll see people relating stories about mechanical ills. I discovered how to fix a problem on this Honda Big Ruckus I bought on a forum for the type. Someone had the identical problem and his story led me to the fix. There it is, even $5500 Honda scooters have issues, why do these guys with sub $1000 Chinese models think they should be blessed with total reliability? My Bashan has served me well, but it needs bolt tightening and valve adjusting and just plain fiddling sometimes to keep it going. Even now it has an oil leak. You know what? I just keep checking and filling it and pretend it's an old Triumph and it runs like a charm.

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/31/2011 6:59 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The puzzle is that many different factorys make the same copy of the Zeng and Bashun. What's up with that?

Triumph Guy
Registered Member

Date Joined Mar 2008

Posted 3/31/2011 7:13 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My old Triumph does run like a Charm, get a lot of joking about the oil leaks. I blame it on the Harleys that park in the same place where I work. Won't fly today, however the Harleys frigging don't leak anymore. My Truimph will start on the coldest day and run in the worst down pour of rain. The scooter is back up and runs well now, so I can spend more money on the 14. FG#1 and I are going to spend the savings for dinner and a movie.

Post Edited (Triumph Guy) : 4/1/2011 2:21:05 AM GMT

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 4/1/2011 6:35 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
"The puzzle is that many different factorys make the same copy of the Zeng and Bashun. What's up with that?"

OK, ready to laugh? Only one company, I think it's Jonway, makes all the plastic panels they use. One menu-no substitutions. They all buy their plastic from them so they all build the same looking scooters.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 5/15/2011 6:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Not that it's an epic milestone among the types of miles racked up here but my Bashan just turned 4,000 miles this week. I've been using it to go to work @35 miles roundtrip and it's been great for saving gas.

ZX Rider
Triumph guy

Date Joined May 2010
Total Posts : 485

Posted 5/15/2011 5:18 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Vespa is in good hands now with Triumph and BMW at a local shop on 90th South. Way to pricey for my budget for now. Bigger fuel rail and injectors are a must now for the 14. Get asked all the time why I like scooters so much, it's a niche thing, pure and simple. There are many two wheeled vechicles that can rock your wourld. I like the scooters as much as the Hyper/Super Hypers.

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/3/2011 6:10 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My Chinese scooter is now three years old, has 4,750 miles and still runs well. Yes the plastics could be better. I'm gluing things back together with epoxy but the crumbling rubber demon seems to have spared my fuel and vacuum lines. I ride it conservatively but my wife's been using it lately while her bike has been used by my son and she believes that life begins at 50 mph. So far it's standing up to the onslaught.

CruncherSport
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/5/2011 4:12 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I'm a newby here ...and not the obnoxious individual you have all grown to love.....so what is the consensus here; can I trust GES (greenearthscooters ) or should I turn and "Run, Forrest, Run!!"

I realize that any drop shipped item especially one as temperamental as a motor vehicle is subject to; shall we say "ISSUES"? Does anyone have any truly GOOD to say about them other than they answered your phone call?

To be brutally honest I've tried to call them twice; but both times were around 4:00 PM Dallas time on a Friday, so I'll give them slack on that issue. I also dropped an inquiry email a week or so ago without a response....but I need to check my Spam folder so I'll back off on that as well. As far as the BBB I do tend to believe them over a self serving enterprise!!

My main concern is that the 'Comments' section of their web site tends to appear "Choreographed" perhaps it's my imagination but it appears that in a given time frame most post are about customer service, then another few consecutive post pertain to deliver times, then a few posts about warranty response, then several consecutive post suggesting referrals.....I've read these post several times and something just doesn't seem right! Anyway enough rambling from me; any positive experiences from GES...or should I take a couple hundred extra $$$ and broaden my horizons?

Kz1000st
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2008

Posted 8/5/2011 9:34 PM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I only know that every time I called them I got a human on the phone. One time I called about somebody else's problem and had an honest discussion with someone who could have told me to mind my own business. Right now they're selling leftover scooters from another importer and if it was my money I would buy the XP 150 built by Znen and running on 16" wheels. If you still have doubts take your money to www.gsmotorworks.com
They are the importer for Tao Tao scooters and will always be available for calls. For even more money see www.scootersus.com
although I think GS Motorworks is better.

CruncherSport
Registered Member

Date Joined Aug 2011
Total Posts : 2

Posted 8/6/2011 8:32 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
KZ... I took the time to read through this entire thread, and it appears you, TG, and Smitty pretty well have nailed this topic! On your suggestion I checked out www.gsmotorworks.com...THANX!!! Their prices are right on par with GES as well as free shipping. Their web site is much more informative and professional looking. Gut feeling...I'll make a couple phone calls to them and then we very well may do business

Thanks again!

I know my way around 2 wheels as in my my younger days I was heavy into 2 stroke dirt bikes and later Honda and BMW road bikes, so maintenance doesn't scare me. Today I'm looking for cheap transportation to and from work (5 mile round trip) and a milk fetcher....in my neighborhood a 50 would serve my needs well as I'm 150 soaking wet so 30 MPH is fine (saves wear and tear on my camaro) if I can get one that will last a couple years (maybe 7500 miles) and could be re sold if/when the time to upgrade comes it would pay for itself, plus the 'Fun Factor'

EDIT:

I just found....

www.familygokarts.com and they seem to be reputable as well (best I can tell)

Post Edited By Moderator (Rich_S) : 8/8/2011 4:50:15 PM GMT