Motorcycle USA Forums : Join the Revolution
  HomeLog InRegisterCommunity CalendarSearch the ForumHelp

Motorcycle Message Board - Motorcycle USA > MotorcycleUSA.com! > Scooter > Motorcycle vs. Scooter Comparison  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ | Show Newest Post First ]

Tros
Global Moderator

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 7362

Posted 5/7/2011 8:46 AM (GMT -7)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
“Four thousand dollars! For a scooter? Why not just buy a motorcycle?” 

That was the reaction a lot of folks might have when told the price tag of a premium, European-built scooter like a Vespa or the Honda SH150i you see here. After all, a $4000 motorcycle will give you more handling, performance and (most importantly) fun than a scooter. Or will it? That's the question I wanted to answer when my lovely assistant - also an experienced moto-commuter - and I got our hands on the SH150i and a brand-new 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R for a month of testing in the San Francisco Bay Area. We rode to work, shopping, errands and for fun with the goal of finding out if a motorcycle is always a better buy than a similarly priced scooter."... READ FULL ARTICLE

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have". - Thomas Jefferson